Maren
Champion October 2021

Who is traveling the furthest distance for your wedding?

Maren, on September 28, 2018 at 10:05 AM Posted in Planning 0 83
Saved Save

Near or far, the ones who love and support you most want to be there for you on your big day, in celebration of your marriage.

We want to know, who’s going the furthest distance to celebrate with you on your wedding day?

Who is traveling the furthest distance for your wedding? 1

Photo from WeddingWire’s Traveling to Your Wedding Destination: What to Check & What to Carry On

Next question: How far have you traveled to attend a wedding?

Previous question: How Far I'll Go

83 Comments

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·

We invite FH aunts/uncles/cousins who live in Hawaii to our wedding in Colorado, don't know if they are coming yet, but they would definitely be the furthest!

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·

My daughter traveled the furthest - from Barcelona, Spain to Furlong PA!

• Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    My uncle is coming to Ohio from Singapore! His girlfriend is coming from the Philippines! They are the furthest but about 20 of our guests are traveling in for it.
  • A
    Savvy October 2018
    Amy ·
    My dear friends are coming to Ohio from the Netherlands. We also have people coming from Texas, Boston and St. Louis. I feel extremely blessed that so many people are willing to travel so far and spend to much money to celebrate with us.
  • Sara
    Super July 2019
    Sara ·

My FH has a cousin from Las Vegas flying in. We live in Pennsylvania!

• ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·

A friend is flying back from Guam!

• Mrs. Johnson in 2020
    Expert October 2020
    Mrs. Johnson in 2020 ·
    My family will be since they live in California. FH's family live in Texas, I've been here for 3 years now and love it so we are having the wedding out here in Texas.
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·

My FH's nephew is coming from Germany!!

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·

We invited some family members from California, but they weren't able to make it. H's sister and her family, who traveled from Florida to Pennsylvania, probably traveled the farthest to attend.

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·

My aunt and uncle are coming from Florida (1,014.5 miles), my cousin and her family are coming from SC (671 miles), and more relatives of mine are coming from Virginia (367 miles).

• queenbee
    VIP October 2018
    queenbee ·
    FH uncle (godfather), aunt, cousin and her daughter are coming in from Germany to PA! About 4,000 mike trip. We’re so excited. Several family members have been married in the last ~2 years and our wedding is the only one they’re coming to 😊
  • Alyssa
    Super July 2019
    Alyssa ·
    Probably my FH's brother is coming from Hawaii to Utah but most of our guests live multiple states away so it's a bit of a wash.
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·

My step-mom's brother and his family are flying in from California, and one of the groomsmen is flying in from Atlanta. We had an invite in Germany, but they couldn't make it work (military family, understood!)

• Caitlin
    Dedicated November 2019
    Caitlin ·

My entire family (except parents) are coming from Canada and the Netherlands to TX! And FH's family is in different states ranging from PA to CA so essentially most people are traveling for ours.

• Laura
    Dedicated October 2018
    Laura ·

My friend is coming to NH from Thailand!

• Natalie
    Devoted June 2019
    Natalie ·

If my uncle (mom's brother) and my mom's best friend are able to come, they'll be traveling the farthest - southern CA to central PA!

• Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·

FH has an aunt who will hopefully be coming from Montana (we live in Missouri) He doesn't think she will come but for his sake I hope she does because she is his favorit aunt and she sounds amazing!

• Across The Stars
    Devoted October 2019
    Across The Stars ·
    My bridesmaid from California and my brother from Canada! Pretty much everybody else lives in NC
  • Danielle
    Expert March 2019
    Danielle ·

We have friends coming to NY from Idaho, Arizona and California.

• Kaleigh
    Expert December 2019
    Kaleigh ·
    One of FH’s cousins is doing mission work in Australia, and she says she’s coming! Otherwise, FH’s family from Colombia is traveling the furthest.

Comment on this discussion