ThePeoplesBride
VIP October 2020

What's on Your diy Plate?

ThePeoplesBride, on April 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 126

What does your DIY To-Do list look like? What have you done so far? What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding? I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)
What does your DIY To-Do list look like?
What have you done so far?
What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding?

I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)

126 Comments

• C
    Dedicated August 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's a link in the profile page of the person you are messaging I do believe (never done it myself because I haven't had to until this point...lol)

• livelaughlove
    Dedicated August 2018
    livelaughlove ·
    • Flag

I am currently working on my aisle decor. I am DIY this weekend something like this below (just with my wedding colors):

Aisle DecorWhat's on Your diy Plate? 1

• livelaughlove
    Dedicated August 2018
    livelaughlove ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am doing DW also. Where are you guys getting married? We have chosen Royalton Negril. But they are quite expensive with using their own decor. So we are doing some DIY and bringing it!

• Valerie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

I made our wedding invites and will do the programs. I'm doing some stamped napkin holders (exact wording tbd), but I attached a sample. I painted and distressed our centerpiece jars. I'm just having fun along the way. One of the favorite things I did is a family picture collage for each of our families (shutterfly template with the clothespins). They will go on the welcome table with one of our friends so that every person at the wedding is in one of the pictures. We wanted to make everyone feel special. (Those are in the last picture but I'm not sure if you can see them.)

What's on Your diy Plate? 2

Distressed mason jarsWhat's on Your diy Plate? 3

CenterpiecesWhat's on Your diy Plate? 4

Sample Table SettingWhat's on Your diy Plate? 5

wedding "stuff" so far...What's on Your diy Plate? 6

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Very nice!
    I have never seen distressed mason jars before. They might just change my opinion on mason jars to be honest.
    You've done a great job so far and I'm glad you're still having fun with it. All too often we, crafters, can get bogged down and discouraged with important projects with a deadline.
  • Valerie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Valerie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I liked the rustic look. But to be honest, I had to do some tweaking to make these so I really loved them (I ended up painting the inside white to give them contrast), which WASN'T on any of the descriptions I found on Pinterest. I'm really having fun this time (I did a wedding when I was 24 and totally stressed over meaningless stuff). Now I get to do it again a lot of years later and I know what's important. So I'm doing what makes me happy and letting the rest go! Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion