OnCloudRawls
VIP June 2019

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!!

OnCloudRawls, on February 4, 2019 at 10:30 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 116
Saved Save

Calling all CRAFTY and ARTSY people on WeddingWire!!! What personal yet cost efficient touch are you sharing with your guests for your wedding?

Handmade wedding favors?

giphy.gif

Are you designing your own invitations and/or signage?

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 1

Or maybe you're gifted at doing your own hair, makeup and nails?

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 2

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 3

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 4

Are you making your own floral arrangements for centerpieces and the wedding party flowers?

make-your-own-bridal-dahlia-bouquet-980x

And the D.I.Y. Crown goes to Smiley star .....each of you that posts a picture of your DIY awesomeness! So feel free to show off all of your inspiration pictures and your DIY success or fails!

116 Comments

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag

Most of my DIY efforts are going towards my bridespeople gifts and welcome bags. I'm going to do customized monogrammed overside button downs and handmade cards to go with their gifts. I'm toying with making soap for favors (both my mom and aunt make soap).

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Have you started making the wedding party their gifts yet? What does your inspiration pictures look like?

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    I’ve diy’d my bouquet, working on my bridesmaids now! Also working on table assignment frames and welcome sign for the second time (1st one sucked lol)!

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 5
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I haven't started making them yet, but here are some of my inspiration pics:

Shirt 1WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 6Shirt 2WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 7

soap!WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 8

soap 2!WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 9

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Your bouquet is beautiful!!! Do you have pics of your signage? Sometimes we are our own worse critic. Was it hard to DIY? What took the most time to make?

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OOOOOooooo Smiley heart Smiley heart Smiley heart I love the the first pic of the monogrammed shirt and the second pic of the soap! Are those wax seals on the bands of the soap in the 2nd soap picture?

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It is! We bought a custom wax seal for our invitations. I really want to use it in multiple place. I love wax seals

• Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I crocheted shawls for my girls, bedazzled my shoes, painted the numbers onto hockey pucks for our table numbers, and a few other small things. But those were probably the biggest.

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 10

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 11

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 12

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 13
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am going to admit it now, that would be a dope touch to add to your soap favors! I love it! It looks so sleek, unique and professional!

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Crocheted?!?!?! Wow! I wish we could see a close up of the shawls! That is a nice and sweet personal gift for your ladies that they can wear again! You did a wonderful job!

What other small projects did you work on?

• Jessica
    Beginner June 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    So far I’ve made centerpiece boxes out of my parents old fence boards, tic-tac-toe lawn game (photo is not the finished product), and table numbers!

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 14

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 15

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 16
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Your projects are looking great!!! Do you have any inspiration pictures or did you feel inspired to create something special for your wedding day?

• Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I’m diy ing my centerpieces. I’m making one a month until I have the full 12 needed for dec. I made It so that it would light up as well. I’m excited about that. I’ll also be potentially making floral hoops that incorporate these bells.

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 17

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 18
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow! Those look awesome!!! Way to set a goal for yourself!!! Where are you thinking about placing the wreath and bells arrangements?

• Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The wreath will be the centerpiece of the tables. The Bell will probably sit upright on the floral hoop.
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ohh okay. I see what you're talking about! That is so neat!

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    I made all of the bouquets and boutonnieres! Haven't gotten brave enough to tackle anything else crafty but I'm proud of these!

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 19

WeddingWire's Spin to Nailed It-D.I.Y.!!!! 20
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Your flowers are so beautiful!!!! These look so professional! Do you have any tips to give other brides that want to DIY their own flowers? How long did it take you to make all of them?

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! YouTube was a huge help to me! I found some awesome DIY tutorials that made it look easy! I made all of the bridesmaids bouquets in a couple of hours and did mine on another day and probably took me about an hour. I got all of my flowers at Hobby Lobby for about $75 and the other supplies for probably $10-15 so I saved so much money!
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah you definitely saved a lot of money! It's upsetting to see some brides say that they were quote thousands of dollars for flowers! I'm glad that those brides take control and do it themselves and their flowers look just as good as the florists. It really warms my spirit to see people tap into their creative side and save money while doing it.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics