Cheryl
Devoted April 2020

Wedding Bands

Cheryl, on September 23, 2019 at 11:41 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 2 69
Saved Save
Did you surprise your SO with their wedding band or did they pick them out? I'm having the hardest time figuring out what I want to do. I sent a photo to my FH and asked him to pick out rings he liked. We have talked about colors so I stuck with ones I knew he would like. He narrowed it down to 2, thing is I like them both! I did find another one on a different site that I can actually have engaged and it's quite a bit cheaper.
For those of you that did engrave what did you put? I'm really leaning on "My significant otter" with our wedding date 04/04/20 or I love you forever and always (depending on how many characters can be used)

69 Comments

• Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    I like the significant ottyer one its unique n not seen often, all ik for my fh is a black ring nothing fancy on it and i doubt hed want it engraved
  • Laura
    Rockstar November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    FH picked out his ring. Stainless steel with a beveled edge. (He’s severely limited as to what he can wear at work.) I got off cheap and I know it! My bands came with my engagement ring as a set. So I sorta picked them out.
  • Cheryl
    Devoted April 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    These are the 2 that he liked out the 6 I showed him. He's not a super fancy person and his job is pretty demanding and he uses his hands alot, so I figured a tungsten ring would be better
    The last photo I found on a site for $49+ and engraving is an extra 29 something. The other 2 are around $150ish each.

Wedding Bands 1

Wedding Bands 2

Wedding Bands 3
  • Jessica
    Dedicated November 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

When we went to get my engagement ring cleaned last month, I told my FH to take a look to see what he would like, and he loved a certain section which is totally his style and said he would be happy when any in that section. THEN a couple days later I guess he was on the jewelry website and he found one that was rose gold in the middle and he fell in love with it. Mind you I would have NEVER thought he would chose something rose gold for himself LOL but if that is what he wants I'll get it for him.

• Cheryl
    Devoted April 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I've shown him the band I like for myself, it's cheap but goes perfectly with my e-ring. He too has to watch what he wears. At least I think he does. He is a fork lift operator at a busy distillery so a lot of work is done with his hands.
  • MD
    Super July 2019
    MD ·
    • Flag

We went and picked ours out together, so we could make sure we were really getting what we wanted.

• Laura
    Rockstar November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We live in central Florida so FH works for the mouse and they have strict rules regarding jewelry. You can basically only wear a plain band in silver/white gold or yellow gold. The ones you posted probably wouldn’t even work for my FH. A little concerned about the beveled edges tbh.
  • Jane
    Savvy December 2019
    Jane ·
    • Flag

We picked ours out together. I honestly would have picked something completely different for him, and he had no clue where to begin with mine. We both felt that we would be the one wearing it for life and wanted to love it. We are still discussing what to engrave and are going to do that soon. My FH came up with some really cute ideas for mine.

FH's Wedding BandWedding Bands 4

My Wedding Set:Wedding Bands 5

Side View:Wedding Bands 6

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We picked them out together. My husband isn't a jewelry guy AT ALL so I wanted to make sure he loved it.

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We're both picking out our own wedding bands and purchasing them together Smiley smile

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    We probably broke some rule but we each picked and purchased our own wedding bands.
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We both picked our wedding bands. He uses his hands a lot for work and wanted to research his best choices. I wanted something simpler and that contrasted from my engagement ring so we shopped together and gave each other input.
  • Cheryl
    Devoted April 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just now got him to finally realize he can't wear a tux to our wedding. We are doing a planned elopement to Gatlinburg and our wedding is at 12:30pm. After asking him a few times and just dropping the subject he finally did some research and found out s tux is for a more formal night/evening wedding. So the ring thing may take awhile, we have 193 days till our wedding and would like to get a few more things crossed off the list.
  • Lauren
    Rockstar February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I wanted to make sure FH loved his wedding band so I got him to send me what he wanted, and I bought it. He got a hammered tungsten ring with whiteish antler inlay (he's a big hunter). I love it, and I'm so glad he does too!

• Cheryl
    Devoted April 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Since he spent quite a bit on my ering I was thinking of buying both our wedding bands. I know not the traditional thing to do. But I just figured it's only fair.
  • Cheryl
    Devoted April 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Pretty!!! This is the band I like, and this is my engagement ring.(I'm at work so didn't feel like flipping through all the photos on my phone)

Wedding Bands 7

Wedding Bands 8
  • Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    We picked our wedding bands together at the place he got my engagement ring. We both tried a lot of different ones until we found the one we liked. I wanted to love mine and I wanted to make sure he loves his since it would be the only one we would ever owned.
  • Cheryl
    Devoted April 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'll probably pick one of the 2 he really liked! I just need to figure out what size ring he wears. I know when we went to look at engagement rings he was in a size 9 but not sure of that's changed.
  • Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    We chose it out together. We happened to go with ones that were in a matching set
  • Andrea
    Expert May 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    We’ll do it together. I’ve started to show him ideas, he wants something unique. The website Manly Bands has some really cool stuff. In the end it will be up to him but I know he wants me to like it too.
    He bought my band when he bought my setting, my engagement ring is diamonds on the top with sapphires on the side and the band is exactly the same without obviously a center stone. Our rings probably won’t match at all, but I don’t think thats necessary

Wedding Bands 9

Wedding Bands 10

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics