Sakina
Expert January 2021

Wedding Band

Sakina, on August 26, 2020 at 10:02 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 86
Saved
Ladies, did you have your fh pick out his wedding band or did you do it yourself?

86 Comments

Latest activity by Sakina, on August 30, 2020 at 2:19 PM
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    We picked it together. He's the one that's going to be wearing it all the time, and he doesn't wear jewelry of any sort (except a watch I gave him a few years back) so I wanted to make sure it was something he liked and found comfortable.
  • Sakina
    Expert January 2021
    Sakina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! How far in advance should I buy the ring if I pick it out? The wedding is in January!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    My fiance picked his out, though we went to the ring shop together to look at the options. He found one he really liked, and ended up customizing it to be exactly what he wanted.
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag

He talked about what he wanted (it was really more so what he didn't want) and then I looked online and showed him different rings until we found one he liked.

• E
    Devoted July 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    We went to look together but he picked what he wanted. I would go pick out what you want and order soon because at least from my experience, there was some delays in getting the rings due to COVID.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We got ours like 3 months out because my band was being custom made to fit around the curve of my engagement ring. You need them by the day of, so it doesn't really matter when you buy them if the ones you want are in stock. You could literally pick them up the day before if you wanted to. If they have to be manufactured or resized or anything, I would factor that into the timeline. Otherwise, it's really whenever. If you see a good sale on what you want, just buy it. It isn't like they'll spoil like flowers or something lol.
  • Sakina
    Expert January 2021
    Sakina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Sakina
    Expert January 2021
    Sakina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks you!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    He picked his out himself
  • Jai
    Rockstar May 2020
    Jai ·
    • Flag
    We went together, he picked the one he wanted himself
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

We Decided To Choose Each Others

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

We picked it together.

• Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag

We chose our rings together. We got his as soon as we saw it, which was about 6 months in advance.

• Sakina
    Expert January 2021
    Sakina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Ariel
    Savvy September 2020
    Ariel ·
    • Flag
    We had been looking together and he was very indecisive about what he wanted. In the end I gave him 5 options and he chose from those. He said he was glad I did that cuz he couldn't choose.
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

We picked our wedding bands together

• Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I picked his and surprised him with it, but I did have a conversation with him about what he likes first.

• Sylvana
    Dedicated August 2021
    Sylvana ·
    • Flag
    He picked his own band online. I went to a couple of jewelry stores on my own and picked my band in person.
  • MD
    Super July 2019
    MD ·
    • Flag

We picked ours out together. I wanted him to like what he was going to wear every day, and honestly he had no idea what he was going to get until we were there.

• Alexandria
    Expert November 2020
    Alexandria ·
    • Flag

I picked my FH's out myself and surprised him with it. I already knew what he likes and his style because we've been together so long. And I got mine over a year in advance because the jeweler was having a sale and I couldn't pass it up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics