A
Just Said Yes September 2019

Vendor Advice

Angeala, on August 17, 2018 at 1:24 PM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved Save
So, my question is about my vendor not emailing me back. About 2 1/2 months or so ago my fiance and I found this venue on WW and decided to check it out. I sent a message inquiring about setting up a visit. Waited about a week with no response but the message was opened. So on day 10 I sent a follow up message stating how the place looked beautiful, but if I couldn't make an appointment for a tour I was going to have to pass. Within a day I got a response and the following weekend went and checked the place out. Of course it was perfect. My fiance and I left, discussed it over lunch and a couple days later we message her letting her know we were interested in moving forward just wanted to meet again to solidify some financial details. Another week or so goes by, no answer from the venue. So I send a little message again just saying that I know how busy she is, maybe my message got lost in the shuffle (I follow her IG and she does large weddings every weekend, so I see what she can offer). She sends me an email (not message) asking to refresh her memory on what we discussed, so I think... Okay, maybe email is better for her... I sent her an email back 3 weeks ago and have not heard a peep. But she has posted several things online.

I want this to be our venue. My dilemma is that this venue is a great fit for us but I don't want to have to chase the person organizing everything around. It was the first venue we both liked. When we got in the car that day he actually said before I could even put my seatbelt on "this is it babe" he read my mind. But we wanted to make sure so we discussed it for a couple of days.

So anyways... Am I not waiting long enough maybe? How long does it normally take a venue to respond? Am I freaking out for no reason?

Please help.

17 Comments

• L
    Super August 2018
    Lisa ·
    I know with my venue I had reached out and probably had 24 hours go by until I had a response and we set up a meeting time. During the meeting he gave us some open dates and availability and gave us a sweet deal. We then went home and discussed and finalized a date, which is tomorrow, and gave him a deposit. We didn’t really touch base until February of this year, where we discussed some food and apps etc. We then intermittently spoke from February till about June. Afterwards, we spoke about once a week more consistently. I know that my venue has weddings and other events every weekend during the summer, so we set up a final meeting time during the week of to finalize plans and details. If I had questions, I wrote them in an email and would either receive a reply via email or phone call shortly thereafter, but there weren’t male questions as we had an extensive meeting in February. It may be typical that a venue manager, especially if it’s a one man show focuses on one couple per week. If you feel the need to, stop by during the week when it may not be as hectic and give them the deposit/date etc.
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·

Hi Angeala! Welcome to the WeddingWire Community! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Since you last reached out to her three weeks ago, I would go ahead and follow-up with an additional reminder to see if this will help. Just nicely inform her that you and your fiance are ready to move forward and really need to schedule something! I think the rush of the current wedding season is certainly playing a part in her responsiveness, so just try to hang in there. I really hope things work out and you're able to book this venue! Remain positive; everything will be okay!

• A
    Angeala ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks. Just didn't know if I was being crazy.
  • A
    Angeala ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I will send her another email tonight. I really hope the date we want is still available. My fingers are crossed. Thanks for the advice Neffe.
  • H
    November 2018
    happeningmom ·

First of all we are in prime wedding season and all venues are swamped. Yes it is frustrating that she will not respond and I get that it may seem that she doesn't care. From my experience, (this is the 3rd wedding I am assisting with), most vendors do not really worry or contact until a month or two before the event. Yes they want us to book, pay, and just wait until they are ready. Our wedding is 82 days away and we met with the caterer yesterday. He told us that he realizes that we think it is close but to them we are like 3 years away. I get the frustration though. I would perhaps call her, text, email and explain that you love the venue and you would like to move forward, providing a day and time to meet and see what she says. I also know that when I would send out messages thru wedding wire I had numerous vendors tell me they never received them. I followed up with WW and discovered that their program considered my messages to be spam and never sent them out. So if you are using WW just be careful.

• L
    Super August 2018
    Lisa ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally not being crazy!!!
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

Wedding season or not, 3 weeks is a long time to await a reply, IMO. We never had to chase our venue down and it was really easy to get in, take a look, and finalize things. If you are planning for your wedding to be next September I'd definitely want to book something soon.

• A
    Angeala ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I understand the whole wait until they are ready thing. But we haven't even secured the venue yet. She hasn't yet responded to my email where I refreshed her memory on our visit. I just don't wantbher venue to get booked up. It's just nerve racking. We are coming up on 1 year out and I know that when everything needs to start getting planned. For me anyways, I am a terrible last minute type and I don't want our wedding to be like that. Thanks for your help.
  • A
    Angeala ·
    View Quoted Comment
    See that's what I'm worried about. That we are roughly 1 year away and I can't get my venue to tell me how to reserve my space.😶
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    View Quoted Comment

My pleasure Angeala! If you still do not hear from her, I would try contacting the upper managerial staff for the venue!

• A
    Angeala ·
    View Quoted Comment
    She owns the venue... Only has about a dozen staff on her team but she manages the bookings and such.
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    Totally understand your frustration. I experienced this with my wedding venue. After drafting a nasty email (hahaha thank God I didn’t send it) I realized that this is wedding season and she’s doing it alone so I’m sure she’s swamped. I am compiling a huge list of questions and will call or meet with her in person and then ask her all the questions I have while I have her. Good luck!!
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I would wait until Monday to follow up. I'm very careful not to email my vendors on Thursday or Friday since they're probably swamped getting ready for the weekends events. That doesn't excuse them not getting back to you, but I like to think they have more time to sort through emails at the beginning of the week, and I always want mine at the top of the list!
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2018
    Lisa ·
    I would call the venue and speak to her on the phone or leave a VM asking for a return call. 3 weeks is too long in my opinion. And possibly add a follow up email. But I would be concerned about chasing them down if she diesnt respond soon. I know its wedding season and everyone is busy, but it shouldn't take more than 10 or 16 min phone call to get a confirmation set. We went and visited 3 venues in 1 day. We decided on our venue and I called and told them we wanted to book it, we had discussed date options when we were there touring. She emailed us the contract to sign and we had to pay a deposit. The venue wasnt considered booked until she had our deposit. We did not speak to her again until we made the appt 3 months prior to our date to finalize our options (our venue is all inclusive).
  • A
    Angeala ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I ended up sending her another email after some of the other responses. But I may try and set up a phone visit or an in person visit... Now our budget might be an issue. Thanks for your adivce.
  • AshleyR
    Master October 2016
    AshleyR ·
    I hate to say it I but I would run away from this venue. If this is how they act when they don’t even have your money yet how is it going to be when they do have it and you can’t cancel? I just foresee this issue getting worse as time goes on and adding unnecessary stress on you.
  • K
    Savvy November 2018
    Katherine ·
    I agree with Ashley! If this venue can’t make the time to take a deposit for a wedding....what kind of chaos would an actual wedding be?

Im getting married in November 2018. I booked my venue in January and their staff was all over me to get a lot of things done prior to their busy wedding season and I’m so grateful for that because I can relax knowing everything is all taken care of.

Triat your gut and find another venue. It’s too important of a day!

Comment on this discussion