We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Future Mrs. B
Dedicated October 2019

The hardest part of the wedding so far.

Future Mrs. B, on October 10, 2019 at 11:22 AM Posted in Planning 0 36
Saved Save
I am getting married on Saturday, among all the things we need to accomplish and all the stress the worst thing so far is dropping my beautiful blonde lab off at the kennel. I wish I could explain to him what is going on so he understands we aren't abandoning him. Those "I dont understand or like what's happening right now eyes" kill me. Anyone else dreading something?

The hardest part of the wedding so far. 1

36 Comments

Latest activity by Future Mrs. Polar Bear, on October 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

What a sweet pup. He'll be alright, don't stress. And think of how excited he'll be when you come back to pick him up Smiley smile

• M
    Expert September 2020
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    I’m sure that’s so tough. Think how happy he will be when you get back and pick him up. He’s beautiful
    by the way.
  • MrsJackson
    Super October 2018
    MrsJackson ·
    • Flag

A lot of times the kennels have other dogs and they get to play together, so I'm sure he'll have a good time. He'll be so happy when y'all come back too!

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

So cute. My dog is overly hyper and I know won't do well in a kennel. Instead we are going to use Rover for someone to pet sit for us. I still feel guilty thinking about even leaving him for 1 night. Actually it will be 2 nights, but the night before the wedding my FH is staying with him.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Oh gosh, that must have been so difficult Smiley cry

When are you picking him up after the wedding?

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We’re dreading the same thing!! I really want to hire a pet sitter to come to the wedding because I don’t want to leave our pup! Plus she’s so cute and I really want her in pictures! Haha

The hardest part of the wedding so far. 2
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness Megan, she is the cutest thing! What is her name?

• Virginia
    Expert April 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag

I have the same dread and I will be leaving my pup for 2 weeks!!!!! He is super attached to me...hope he will be ok and not think mommy left him forever. He's also a yellow lab.

• M
    Dedicated October 2019
    M ·
    • Flag
    My cats are very social. We’re leaving them in our home with people stopping by to feed and change litter but I know they’re gonna miss snuggles! It kills me leaving them but sending them to a kennel would stress them out way too much. Our dog is going to a “pet resort” and will probably have a more relaxing honeymoon than us lol. I’m gonna miss her but she has so much fun there, it’s not as hard leaving her. She runs the place(opens doors and invites herself wherever she feels) and they think it’s cute and funny! My fiancé is very worried she’s gonna be grumpy with him when we get back though. We left her there for a long weekend and she was not happy when she came back to the house with rules and no dog friends lol.
  • Springbride
    Dedicated 0000
    Springbride ·
    • Flag

Your dog is so handsome! you wouldn't bring him to a kennel if you didn't trust them, and he will be back In your arms the next day. enjoy your wedding day!

• B
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Beverly ·
    • Flag
    I completely understand! I am having my elwedding at my house and have been trying to think what to do with my three dogs!! They are never kenneled, since I have a pet sitter when I go away, so taking them somewhere would be so scary. But I am afraid that they may get out with people and vendors coming and going in the backyard....
  • Kayla
    Devoted November 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

I'm still over a year out and am already dreading this! Our puppy may as well be a baby with how spoiled she is. When we've had to leave her for long weekends or vacations she's always stayed with my in-laws. But obviously they'll be at the wedding, so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Your boy is so handsome!

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Those puppy eyes are so sweet
  • Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

He is such an adorable little guy!! ugh how they melt you every time they look at you Smiley heart Hopefully he gets some nice play time and when you come back he'll be so excited!

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ugh SO STINKING CUTE!!!!

• Future Mrs. Raines 💕
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Future Mrs. Raines 💕 ·
    • Flag
    I work at a doggy daycare, trust me, your baby will be fine! Dogs perception of time is completely different then humans. Your fur baby will he so excited to see you when you pick him up!
    Also, I have a labradoodle so i ADORE your lab!
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    Awwww I totally understand. Those eyes are so sweet. We actually brought our dog to the hotel for our wedding because I couldn’t stand the thought of leaving him. I’m sure he will be fine and be so excited when you pick him up.

The hardest part of the wedding so far. 3
  • Kristin
    Devoted October 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

I'm dreading not being able to see our pups. We usually do in-house sitting but we've invited our pet sitter to our wedding and are covering her hotel costs so the dogs can be close to us. Unfortunately no animals are allowed at the venue so it'll be hard to see them for a few days

• Savannah
    Savvy June 2020
    Savannah ·
    • Flag
    Check out Rover.com !! I have used it for my dog and have been a sitter for 2 years, it’s a wonderful (and cheaper) alternative!
  • Jordan
    Expert September 2019
    Jordan ·
    • Flag

Leaving our pup for the wedding was super hard! I cried! And then we had to leave again for the honeymoon. Poor this was so upset by our absence that she that been sleeping outside our bedroom door rather than in her bedroom on her bed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles