Nicole
Savvy June 2020

Should i buy a new wedding dress?

Nicole, on April 30, 2020 at 8:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 62
Saved
June 20, 2020 bride here. Like most in my predicament, we are planning to do a small marriage ceremony on our original date and the “wedding” a bit later.

Here is my dilemma: my wedding dress is pretty formal ball gown. If we get married in our tiny living room, should I buy another wedding dress for the ceremony and save the original dress for the “wedding” down the road? Should i buy a new wedding dress? 1
Should i buy a new wedding dress? 2

62 Comments

Latest activity by Georgette, on May 3, 2020 at 3:05 AM
  • Future Mrs. Busch
    Beginner May 2022
    Future Mrs. Busch ·
    • Flag
    I say wear it and own it you look gorgeous
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    I say do you! I chose to wear what was supposed to be my exit dress for us eloping, mostly because I wanted to still have the big reveal, but you can totally wear it for your living room wedding!
  • Jene
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jene ·
    • Flag
    I say wear it now! Its beautiful!
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I would probably wait and wear it on my big “wedding” day and wear something else for you small service. I guess it just depends if you want to wait til the larger group see you in it.
  • C
    Beginner June 2020
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag
    Wear it!! The opportunity to wear your wedding dress more than once doesn’t happen under “normal” circumstances, and you look wonderful in it!
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    I would wear this gown it beautiful on you.
  • K
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I am a June 20 bride doing the same as you! I bought a less formal dress for my small ceremony. I want to surprise FH and everyone on my (big) wedding day when I walk down the aisle at our venue. I wouldn't be wearing it very long at the first ceremony.

• L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

Idk. I think wear as often as you like. I planned on taking mine on a tour to see his 98 yo granny and my sister(whose in nursing) home and wear it for both see.

• Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    If we have to postpone ours I'm going to get a super cute little fun white dress! I really don't want to pull my dress out, especially if I don't get the chance to have it altered.
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah this it totally true!
  • Nicole
    Savvy June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m leaning towards wearing it... just not sure
  • Nicole
    Savvy June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is very true and thank you. I’m leaning towards wearing it for the small ceremony.
  • Nicole
    Savvy June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you very much.
  • Nicole
    Savvy June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I totally get it. I want to surprise my FH as well. I have a less formal dress I can wear but I envision myself being getting married in the gown. Decisions... decisions
  • Nicole
    Savvy June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the idea of a wedding tour.
  • Nicole
    Savvy June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Makes sense...mine is currently being altered. Only thing left is to bustle the train.
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah we haven't even started, scheduled for June!
  • Courtney
    Expert July 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree! Most of us spend so much on our dress to wear it for a few hours! So if you get to wear it twice, go ahead! You'll still look beautiful ❤️
  • Kennedy
    Savvy September 2020
    Kennedy ·
    • Flag
    I actually told my FH that I was considering getting a second dress if we have to do a teeny backyard ceremony. He responded saying “describe your current dress in one word” and I said “it’s perfect” and he said “well then I have to see you in it and you have to wear it!” He wants to see me in my dream dress, even if it is just a small ceremony. I say wear it, and then wear it again at your big reception! Guests may have seen pictures of it, but they’ll be completely wow’ed again seeing it in person!
  • Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

Personally I am planning to buy a different dress. We will get married in a smaller ceremony, less formal, I can't get my makeup professionally done or my hair and I want him to still have that wow factor when we have the big wedding. I think it's a personal decision. I am looking at Stillwhite.com for a pre-owned dress as my second for a cheaper price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics