Quinta Nikkole
Dedicated May 2019

Second guessing my dress

Quinta Nikkole, on March 12, 2019 at 12:59 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 18
Saved Save
Only 67 days until my wedding and I am second guessing my dress.
Why is this happening.. I dont have time to get a new one!

Second guessing my dress 1

18 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I think it's super pretty! Why don't you like it? You could always add accessories like a belt, fancy shoes, jewelry or a veil to help!

• Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    This is really the style I wanted.

Second guessing my dress 2
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    But I couldn't find one I. My budget that I really loved.
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry you're feeling that way Smiley sad kind of hard when you couldn't have your dream dress I'm sure. What was your budget, if you don't mind sharing? Here's a similar dress for $60, it's amazon prime so you could get it in a couple days and send it back if it doesn't work out, if you have prime I'd try it out

similar dress

The dress you have now is pretty but you don't seem happy in it, what shoes are you wearing with it? I think PP is right, a belt and cute shoes would look great with the dress. I was thinking you could add a petticoat to try to make the bottom of your dress poof out more but I'm not 100% sure how they work. Here's one for $16.99 on amazon and it's prime too!

petticoat

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

What about adding an over skirt to give you a fuller bottom like a dress you wanted? I bought my over skirt from Davids Bridal for $200 and I know they have them on Etsy too. (Though I think the Davids one will ship faster.)

https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_tulle-ball-gown-wedding-skirt-wg3947?mr:trackingCode=41F8502F-9F9C-E811-8107-0050569419E4&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=plaonline&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsZ3kBRCnARIsAIuAV_QU7diuwlAOuxYdaroBR1LLNuoTgoyUv_FJEfYHCn7wVM7Xl2hfL2YaAt8mEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Just try to remind yourself why you picked it in the first place.

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

You could order an overskirt online if you want more volume. Then, you could even remove that for the reception so you have two looks if you'd like!

I also agree that adding a sparkly belt might do the trick.

• Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

You still have time if you hurry. Alterations can be rushed (a little more $, but can be done) for you to feel like the bride you want to be. If you aren't happy with your dress - shop around. I just took my dress in for alterations and they told me I was there a little early (May 18th wedding). Amazon has a lot of dresses that are affordable! If you want it to be more poofy like a ball gown, look for a skirt that you could tie around your current dress. You could take it off for the reception (or not!).

• Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    • Flag
    Also, adding a petticoat will help poof out the skirt as well. A three hoop petticoat could add a lot of volume.
  • Stephanie
    Expert September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

I love your dress and think it is very flattering on you, however, I totally get that it isn’t the style that you initially wanted. You could always try either a petticoat or an over skirt to give it more volume. Or, if you can’t find one you like, I think you could play around with your accessories, like a different belt, jewelry and shoes!

The amazon dress that was posted looks like a good option as well and seems to have good ratings (important if you are buying off of amazon or a similar site)

Either way, you are going to look beautiful on your big day. I love, love your hair!

• Jessica
    Devoted July 2022
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Can you add a petticoat or something underneath to have the illusion its more poofy.
  • Bride 2019
    Dedicated April 2019
    Bride 2019 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I would look into this Amazon dress! It is really pretty! I bought my dress from amazon and its amazing

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree 100% with this. Maybe try Amazon to see if you can find a dress closer to what you wanted in an affordable price range! Then you can just send any options back you don't like. I'm sorry you're second guessing your dress.

• Allison
    Devoted April 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag
    You look BEAUTIFUL! If you want more volume in your skirt, you can buy a slip to go under it that will add some extra poof!
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I dont think a petticoat would work, because it is already showing my boots
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am wear cowboy boots.
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all. I talked to my cousin and she is making an appointment for use to go to a little shop in Boise. I just need to look and maybe I will stick with the one I have.
  • Sophie
    Super December 2020
    Sophie ·
    • Flag
    Is it in your budget to get a reception dress? Maybe you can put in your measurements and have something come in for you to change into?

Comment on this discussion