Pan
Master March 2012

Salty Bar

Pan, on December 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 8
Saved Save

So, we're doing a dessert bar, but because FH and I know a few others don't like sweets very much I thought we would do a salty bar(I made it up) as well. Anyone have any good creative salty snack ideas?

8 Comments

• Brittney
    Expert November 2011
    Brittney ·

I would pick salt over sweet any day! Maybe chips, doritios, pretzels, even chocolate covered pretzels, nuts, gold fish etc. Sounds like a great idea. Here is picture of some parmesean straws that are delicious.

• Ashleigh
    Expert June 2012
    Ashleigh ·

Another thing you could too, is get on of the chocolate (?spelling) fountains so people can take the pretzels or marshmellows, or strawberries or other goodies and dip them in there if they want to, and if not you still have the salty

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·

Ooh those look delicious! I'm thinking deep fried pickles too.

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·

We considered the chocolate fountain, but our venue has limited electricity availability so we're trying to cut out as many things that require plugging in as possible.

• Puffins
    Master November 2012
    Puffins ·

I love pretzels with real cheddar cheese laid across them.

• Krista
    VIP May 2012
    Krista ·

If your venue has electricity issue then salt things besides chips might not work out so well if you have no way of keeping them warm.

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·

I was thinking of things that don't require heating. Our dessert bar is things like cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and mini cakes. All things that don't need heating. I was thinking things like garlic toast, veggies with dips, cheese with crackers and sausages. Things like that for the salty stuff. The only things food related that are going to be heated are the meal itself.

• Celia Milton
    October 2019
    Celia Milton ·

I love, love, love it! We used to do a pretzel bar that had different mustards, chocolate, cheese dips and garlic hummus; it went over like mad. (I used to own a catering company). Add a popcorn bar with different spices and salts....yum!!!!!! I love you idea!!!

Comment on this discussion