Sara
Savvy October 2020

Rescheduled Wedding

Sara, on April 7, 2020 at 4:45 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 4
Saved
Hey everyone! I’ve had to reschedule my wedding to (hopefully) later this summer. We are doing the legal part of it on April 24 with our friend who is marrying us, our parents and our photographer. Would broadcasting this for others to see take away from the formal ceremony that we are planning later? I’m not sure if it’s overkill and feel like my thoughts are all over the place on how best to handle this situation. We aren’t repeating the vowels we wrote for each other but will be doing generic I do’s essentially so that we aren’t just signing the papers on our kitchen table. Would love to hear your suggestions on how best to handle!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on April 13, 2020 at 5:27 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

You should definitely let your guests know that you decided to get married on your original wedding date. Honesty is always the best policy.

• Sara
    Savvy October 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Caitlyn- that’s not in question however. I’m wondering if inviting people to view the ceremony is overkill for the actual ceremony we will hold later.
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    I say do it. With all this craziness going on, nothing is normal. I would maybe just invite your important people for the broadcasting and then the rest of your guests will be there for the bigger ceremony later. That’s just what I would do anyway. But girl, you do you and whatever makes you happy!!
  • Amy
    WeddingWire Administrator August 2013
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Hi Sara,

I agree with Hillary. Do whatever feels right for YOU!

Perhaps you could give everyone the option to tune in for the first/legal ceremony? They wouldn't have to watch, and you could let them know that you still plan to have a ceremony later.

If you want to live stream, you should be able to create a (private) Facebook group and use Facebook Live. In case they are helpful, here's an older discussion thread re: Live stream wedding ceremony? and a more recent conversation about Live stream options.

Good luck and congratulations on getting married so soon! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics