Skip to main content
Rebekah
Savvy June 2020

Live stream

Rebekah, on March 7, 2020 at 9:48 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved
Morning, brides! I need some advice. My FH and I are getting married late May, in Virginia. I have a lot of family in SC, including my grandparents. My grandma and aunts were planning a shower for me next weekend in SC, but she just called to tell me that they'd like to postpone the shower until early May due to conoronavirus and at-risk people who frequent her house. She is concerned that someone will bring germs into her house. Being the guest of honor, I said that I completely understood and moving it would be okay (although I'm super upset about it). I am concerned that the hype will continue about the coronavirus, though, and they won't come to the wedding because they don't want my grandpa to get sick. I know we don't know much now and that the virus likely won't like the warm, humid VA climate. But I want to explore options to include them if they can't make it. Which brings me to my question: will you live stream your wedding? Who did it, and where were they positioned? Would a videographer be a good option?

TLDR: Grandparents may not come to wedding over coronavirus fears; how do I include them?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Terri, on March 31, 2020 at 4:31 AM
  • Rebekah
    Savvy June 2020
    Rebekah ·
    • Flag
    Also, not trying to get anyone worried or panicked. I just want to explore planning options. thanks!
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I wouldn’t want to expo my 95 yo grandmother to the virus that is traveling across the country so I’m concerned as well. We will still get married and thought we might do FB live as a possibility but for sure share a video later. I’m also considering going to see her in person and wear my wedding dress for her.

• Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

DH's grandpa was stuck in CA due to medical issues for our wedding. We had DH's little cousin Facetime with a pair of headphones. Grandpa Joe saw and heard everything, cousin felt helpful, and everyone was happy!

I love technology sometimes. Absolutely look into it - it's not quite as good as having them there, but I still am just glad that DH's grandpa (pretty much the only one either of us have left, as it is) got to join in, even if remotely.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Hey Rebekah. Covid-19 is definitely throwing a spanner into the works in terms of wedding planning. All we can do is simply hope for the best, and make sure we're getting our information from reputable sources.

If it comes to it, live-streaming the wedding on Facetime is a great idea. They could also see the wedding video after if you planned on hiring a videographer.

• Monica
    VIP October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Did you look into this any further? My aunt asked me to live stream it. But how
  • Terri
    Beginner June 2021
    Terri ·
    • Flag

Has anyone used https://www.eventlive.pro/ I'm seriously considering it as it's only $50 for a whole year access and unlimited virtual guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics