FutureMrs.C
Devoted October 2016

real vs fake flowers

FutureMrs.C, on October 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 20
Saved Save

I don't really want to spend a lot on bouquets and i am wondering should i go with real or fake flowers. if i go with real, i don't want to spend over 500 for bouquets for 5-6 girls me included.

20 Comments

• Anick
    Dedicated December 2014
    Anick ·
    • Flag

I am going for fake (silk) flowers since I'm on a tight budget.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I'm not spending anywhere close to $500 for bridesmaids and I for real flowers, let alone our whole wedding. It's all in the type of flower you choose and how many you have. You could easily spend that in silk too.

• Patricia
    Super June 2014
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

I'm going with silk, planning on spending around $300-$350

• KayDwitWill
    Master May 2015
    KayDwitWill ·
    • Flag

I htink I'm going with real touch flowers. I'm scared of them dying out too soon.

• FutureMrs.C
    Devoted October 2016
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

I'm afraid of the flowers dying, but i would prefer sticking to a budget.

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

I used silk from a shop on Etsy, I spent about $250 for my bouquet, BMs bouquets (5), corsages and boutenierres. Flowers are not super important to me and I loved that I now get to keep it forever, also I really wanted blue flowers and those don't exist much, but this seller on Etsy has tons of beautiful versions, you can check it out here if you want: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LilyOfAngeles?ref=l2-shop-info-name

• FutureMrs.C
    Devoted October 2016
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

Those are actually stunning, i was sort of thinking hydrangea white and blue then roses. thank you i believe i will go with silk flowers. how many women were in your bridal party?

• Lisa
    VIP September 2014
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

Alexandra, have you checked out Costco wholesale flowers? If you DIY your bouquets they will be MUCH cheaper!

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

5 and me. You should check out her shop, she has a TON of different flowers and colors and is super open to customization, mine were because I wanted white added and a certain flower type removed.

• FutureMrs.C
    Devoted October 2016
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

I will keep both in mind, i think i will go with silk flowers.

• Chocolate Diamond Girl
    Beginner October 2014
    Chocolate Diamond Girl ·
    • Flag

Paper flowers can be really cool as well. I went to a wedding where they made them all out of old sheet music. I love real flowers but I have been considering getting paper ones made instead

• FutureMrs.C
    Devoted October 2016
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

I selected my silk flowers they are amazing and so beautiful.

• sundaycupcake
    VIP October 2013
    sundaycupcake ·
    • Flag

If you're not big on flowers, I would say fake. But looks like you already made up your mind. Post pictures Smiley smile

• FutureMrs.C
    Devoted October 2016
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

I'm just waiting for them in the mail these are what i have chosen.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/118679739/17pcs-wedding-bridal-bouquet-silk-flower?ref=shop_home_active

• P
    Expert December 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I found my ladies here on WW actually but they have an etsy shop. The are preserved flowers and sola wood. They will last forever.. For my bouquet, a toss bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 4 boutonnieres and 2 corsages I'm paying about $330

Here's their etsy shop! so easy to work with too. They are willing to make everything customized!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119338890/custom-sola-wood-bridesmaid-bouquet?ref=shop_home_active

• Aronna
    Master October 2014
    Aronna ·
    • Flag

What kind of bouquets are you looking to have?

I'm going to have roses that are usually a good price, around here they are about 12-20 dollars a dozen. so I'm fine with having fresh.

I won't be using fake because fake ones either cost more, or I don't like their look at all.

if you want fresh, is another flower that may cost less a option?

• PattyCakes
    Super June 2014
    PattyCakes ·
    • Flag

I'm getting real flowers from Fiftyflowers.com and Sams Club. I will arrange them myself, altogether spending about $400 for A LOT of flowers. Smiley smile

• 2015Bride
    Super May 2015
    2015Bride ·
    • Flag

Those blue ones are really pretty Smiley smile We will be using real ones just because of personal choice but I have seen some really nice silk ones

• K
    Dedicated October 2013
    Kim ·
    • Flag

I spent $800 total for all of my flowers and I believe $300 of that was 5 bouquets, 8 boutonnieres, and 3 wrist corsages for real flowers

• shirlden
    Super March 2014
    shirlden ·
    • Flag

I spent $160.00 for fake on ebay just e-mailed them what I wanted: I got 1 beautiful Cascading, 1 toss, 3 bridesmaid, 1 MOH bouquets, 6 boutonnieres and 2 corsages.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics