Kaitlyn
Just Said Yes August 2019

Promise Ring wedding gift

Kaitlyn, on May 7, 2019 at 9:05 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 6
Saved
Hello everyone. My future hubby and I are high school sweethearts, and for the past four years, we’ve had a matching set of promise rings. I wanted to do something really sentimental and turn our promise rings into a gift for him on our wedding day, but don’t know where to start. Has anyone done a wedding day gift incorporating promise rings? Any ideas?

for reference, our rings are each just a simple band, his black and mine gold, with his last name engraved on the inside.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Clíodhna, on June 25, 2019 at 11:51 AM
  • Meagan
    Expert May 2019
    Meagan ·
    • Flag
    Maybe you could get a small shadow box and somehow frame them.
  • Lauren
    Dedicated June 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    Could they be tuned into cuff links? Not sure how long something like that would take, but if he wears cuff links, could be nice.
  • Amber
    Devoted April 2022
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    I like the idea of making them into cuff links! Or maybe they could melt down your 2 rings and make his wedding band out of that?
  • Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    I would have no idea where to start but unless you want to wear them again in the future, have them set into a resin coaster.
  • Sara
    Expert June 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I like the cuff link idea too! Maybe an etsy shop or local jeweler can make them into cuff links? If you have a local small family jeweler you like, I would DEFINITELY ask them!

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Hi Kaitlyn! This is such a sweet idea!

Did you decide what to make out of the promise rings for your FH?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics