Mrs.Sanok
VIP September 2018

pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018

Mrs.Sanok, on November 14, 2018 at 8:44 AM Posted in Married Life 0 27
Saved Save

Finally, it is time to post my PRO BAM!! I am so excited to show you our perfect day and give you a break down of the whole thing! There was only a few little mix ups for the whole day. If there was anything else no one told me, and no one noticed. (This is going to be long and picture heavy!)

Venue: We had our wedding at The Eagles Nest overlooking the mountains of the Hudson Valley. Now I am going to be really honest about the venue and my first thoughts. I did not want to have our wedding there. It is a typical wedding venue. I was looking at barns, and backyard type places and they seemed to be to pricey. So, my mom convinced me let’s just look and talk to them. It was the last venue we looked at and they had our date, so we booked it. I was not to happy we choose this place, but I do not know what I was thinking. I was silly to think there was any place BETTER then The Eagles Nest to have our wedding. The venue had everything we needed, and they went above and beyond it was amazing. Here is what they offered:

· Ceremony location

· Cocktail hour

· Reception location

· Catering

· DOC (Day of Coordinator)

· 5-hour top shelf open bar

· Cake made on Location

· Fire Pit (for after party)

· Cabins for our guest to rent in walking distance of the whole venue

· A free cabin for my Husband and I to sleep in

· Bridal room

· Breakfast the next morning, that anyone who stayed can enjoy

We got all that for $90.00 a plate. Which actually we saved $5.00 a plate because we had our wedding on a Friday. And The Eagle’s Nest really knows what they are doing. They were so helpful through out the whole planning process. Any question that I had in the year of us planning they answered right away or had a solution for us. The day before the wedding we had our rehearsal and brought all of our wedding decor for them to lay out the next day. We talked with Michael, the owner and the DOC about what to do with all the decor and where it should be laid out. So, when it came to our wedding day everything was already done for us. Everyone at The Eagle’s Nest set up all of our decor perfectly and just the way we wanted it.

Now there was one person at The Eagle’s Nest that was amazing, and everyone loved. Bobby! By the end of the night whenever Bobby came around, we would all greet him by screaming “BOBBY!!” We all loved him! He would just pop up by either my husband, me or anyone in our wedding party asking if we needed anything. He brought us food, or drinks whenever we needed! I have two examples that really stuck with me. Right after the ceremony, our bridal party ran off to get us drinks while we were doing the receiving line. Bobby came over asking if we needed drinks. Well we did not know he would ask so we sent out bridal party! Then I was in the bridal room where my sister was bustling my dress and he came over asking if I wanted anything from our mashed potato bar! O YES PLEASE! I was told a lot that I would not eat and enjoy our food on our wedding day, but that was not true at our venue. I ended up having to many appetizers that I was way to full to eat my dinner. Bobby also stayed during the after party and brought us whatever we needed till we all went to bed!

In the bridal room when we got to the venue there was champagne, and they just kept bringing a new bottle each time it was empty it was amazing.

Now for the one little oopies of the day. Bobby came to us and had us look at the reception area before they let everyone one in. First our centerpieces were set up perfectly and everything just came together, and I loved it. Now the one problem was the cake flowers we paid the florist for was not on the cake. I went ehh whatever the cake looks good. We left the room and I went and told my mom. She said nope we are saying something to Bobby, this is what we are paying them for. So, we found Bobby as he was just about to let people into the room. After we told him he closed the doors and said ok, let me figure out what happened and off he went. Next thing I know we are doing the whole reception thing and the flowers were now on the cake!

The next morning, they had eggs, pancakes, cereal, sausage, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and OJ. It was good, and it was a great way to end the wedding extravaganza! Also, the next morning, while packing up they had so much food for us. They packed up our leftover dinners, and any cakes that were left over from the desert table! Including the top of our wedding cake! We had so much leftover cake and food to bring home!

I really could go on and on and on about our venue, but that could be a whole post within itself! Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was and how many different appetizers there was. Everyone had an amazing time and loved the food!

Now on to our amazing DJ! I give him 10 out of 5 stars. He kept our dance floored packed and was so helpful. We asked him to make a mash up of music for my mom, sister and my dance and he did an awesome job. He played the perfect music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He read the crowd well and our dance floor was packed all night. We even had to make one little change last minute, and it did it with ease. If you need a DJ in the Hudson Valley please us Much Music. He was absolutely the best!

Florist. The flowers were beautiful, and almost everything that I wanted. Just our flowers had roses, I am not a huge rose fan and wanted NO roses in our flowers. The communication with our florist was good at first then got scary. When we made an appointment to meet her again right before the wedding that is when it made us worry about what will happen on the wedding day. The first time we meet her we had our meeting at her house. So, when we talked about meeting again, I assumed it was at her house again. In our emails she never said that she would want to meet elsewhere. We get to her house, no one is home. I call her, and she said that she was almost there. About 20 minutes later she calls me back and tells me that she wanted to have our meeting at a Hotel that sometimes people overflow to from The Eagles Nest. Well we ended up meeting her later that day and at my mom’s house instead. After the meeting she said she would send me an updated bill and contact. Well it came to a week before the wedding and no contract. I called her she said she was sorry, and all our flowers were ordered and would send me the new contract. The day of, she was actually early showing up. She showed us everything that was going to our venue and left all the bouquets at my mom’s house, where we were getting ready. She said there was an extra boutineer just in case we forgot anyone. Which turned out the extra was for my FIL. His boutineer was marked in our contract. So, there should have been one more if she really made an extra in case we forgot. Also, our cake flowers were supposed to be little sunflowers, not mums. In the end all the flowers were beautiful, and everyone loved them. My mom also got a refund for the cake flowers and the boutineer because of all the craziness leading up to the day. Really everything turned out fine. I just do not think I would recommend her. Just because she was unorganized and very bad at communicating with us.

Last vendor but definitely not the least! Our photographer! Our photographer was Nicole Wren and she was fabulous! I am in love with our pictures and when I first saw our sneak peek, I wanted to cry I was so happy! She was so easy to work with. Nicole was organized and answered all of our question with ease during the whole wedding process. I am so happy we choose her to capture our wedding! So, if you are looking a photographer pick Nicole Wren. Her work is beautiful, and she is so easy to work with! I love her! (she does not have something on WW look on the Knot, her website or her Facebook!)

First look: DO IT! I am so happy we did. In the beginning I was not sure that we should, but I am so happy we decided to do it. We did our first look in the local library from my hometown. We did it there, so I could feel close to my dad. My dad passed away year and half before we got married. So, the meaning behind the library is, my dad was part of the Library committee. He was actually the Vice President of the committee. When he joined the committee, they started the plans to build a new library. He was part of the reason that Wurtsboro as a beautiful new Library! There is a plaque in the library with his name on it along with anyone else who was part of the new library. My dad was also speaking to us. The row we did our first look in had a picture of his and my favorite book The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and history books of his favorite Place Gettysburg.

Now back to the first look. It was perfect. It clamed me down from all the wedding jitters and reminded me why I was marrying my best friend. Plus, I got a sincerer reaction from my husband because not that many people were around watching us! I could not be happier that we did the first look! The last bonus was we got all our pictures done before the ceremony and got to hang out with everyone during cocktail hour!

I am not really a person who loves to be center of attention, so I was really nervous about having everyone stare at me. I remember turning the corner to walk down to the aisle and everyone was already looking in that direction, and my reaction was “O God” My mom laughed at that! But once I got to the aisle and saw the man that was about to be my husband everything just seemed to disappear. I almost felt that no one was around us and it was just me and my soon to be husband! It was magical.

We had an unplugged ceremony and there was only one person that had his phone out for a hot second and the was my FIL! Ugh, but really it was perfect. I love to look back at the pictures and see everyone just sitting and being in the moment. No phones, no ipads, no nothing. Just everyone that we love just enjoying our ceremony. It was beautiful!

My last little blurb on this essay is, just take a moment and sit back and soak everything in. Just take a moment step back and look at everything and everyone at your wedding. I did, and I am so happy I did. Everyone looked happy and like they were having a great time. When I took that moment to really let everything sink in it makes me teary eyed now. Just everyone we love and care about was there because they loved us too. The love that we felt that whole day was amazing. I wish I could go back and relive our perfect day!

Last problem was I forgot my inflatable T-Rex costume! But the day was still perfect!

Thank you for reading it all if you did! Now here are our pictures!!

27 Comments

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

Details! My shoes!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 1

Our Ringspro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 2

Invites!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 3

Dress!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 4

My DIY hanger! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 5

My flowers!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 6

My charms and my dad's class ring!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 7

Our Socks!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 8

A page out of the book my mom mad for H and I!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 9

Getting readypro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 10

My mom, sister (MOH) and I! The most important people in my life!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 11

A kiss!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 12

My baby sister and me!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 13

I love my mom!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 14

Getting my dress on!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 15

Helping me with my shoes!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 16

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

Our Wedding date!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 17

In love with my shoes!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 18

I think this one is funny! My face!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 19

Just me!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 20

First look!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 21

Love his face!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 22

So happy!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 23

Just love this so much!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 24

My heart!!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 25

Our little nerdy nod!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 26

I cannot handle how much I love our pictures!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 27

With the plaque with my dad's name on it!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 28

Stopping traffic! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 29

He wanted a picture with his truck!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 30

Husband details!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 31

He loves deadpool!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 32

His suit!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 33

Getting ready!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 34

The Boutineers! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 35

He is so handsome!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 36

Groomsmen!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 37

Just my handsome man again! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 38

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations 🎊🎈🍾🎉 Smiley ring

Everything looks gorgeous- your photographer did an amazing job!

How cute is the first picture of your sneakers 👟 spelling out love 😍🥰😍🥰😍🥰

Thank you for breaking your wedding day down for us!
  • Alondra S.
    Expert September 2018
    Alondra S. ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations! Thank you for the detailed information and for sharing with us. I love your dress and all of the little details ❤️
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations. Thanks for sharing and I’m so happy your day turned out well!
  • Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

My amazing bridal Party!!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 39

The Guys! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 40

Their Shirts!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 41

Jumping for joy!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 42

Just before we head down to the aisle! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 43

Bobby! The Real MVP! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 44

Here we go! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 45

A kiss for the new mom!!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 46

He had trouble putting on my ring! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 47

First kiss!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 48

Everyone with their shoes! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 49

My mom during her speech making me cry!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 50

Dancing with mom!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 51

Then my sister too! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 52

Dad came through during daddy shark!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 53

Then everyone joined us on the dance floor!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 54

Our centerpieces! Each a different board game!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 55

Our place cards!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 56

Because we were the game of life. We brought the one piece to life!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 57

Aisle decor!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 58

Singing to each other! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 59

We ended up doing the Hora! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 60

More dancing!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 61

Cake! We were nice! Then I did this!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 62

Then we kiss and make up!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 63

Sparkler exit! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 64

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I fell in love with your wedding with every new picture and then you sold me with the picture of the games as centerpieces!! Your wedding looks like it was such much fun and I love how you even included a picture of Bobby the superhero! Smiley laugh Thank you for sharing these pictures with us and congratulations!! Smiley ring

(And you've left such lovely reviews of your vendors in this post, so make sure to give them that love on their sites!)

• J
    Dedicated November 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I am absolutely in love with your pictures!!! Everyone looks so happy!!! Congratulations!!!
  • Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

There is just so many good pictures! It is hard not to post them all!

The Arch that my husband built! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 65

Just some more of my faves!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 66

First dance!pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 67

Just us dancing the night away! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 68

It was just a perfect day! pro Bam!! Long time coming! Long and lots of Pictures September 21, 2018 69

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I kinda wish now we got a better picture with Bobby! Smiley xd

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! It was the perfect day and people still talk about how much they had fun and loved it!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag

Mrs.Sanok!!!! Your wedding was so beautiful and you look gorgeous! Thank you for coming back and sharing your pro pics with us! I love absolutely everything!! The centerpieces were so cool and I really like your sneakers, you all did such a great job!

CongratulationsSmiley heart

• Kim
    Devoted March 2019
    Kim ·
    • Flag
    I love that you did photos in a library! So unique. Congrats!
  • Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag
  • Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! It was really special and i felt close to my dad! Plus it makes it like you said unique and that makes me so happy!

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

My photographer was amazing and I love her! As for my shoes I have to give my mom all the credit! She is the one that found the idea!

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

These are so sweet Smiley heart

• Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Beautiful! I love the "Stop Get Married" from Life. Such a fun touch!

• queenbee
    VIP October 2018
    queenbee ·
    • Flag
    Your photos are gorgeous! I love your flowers so much. And I love that even your mom wore Converse! Your day looks like it was so incredible 😊
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Oh my goodness! I love every aspect of your wedding! From the location to the florals, to all of the amazing super-hero details! Everything looked incredible! Congratulations, and thank you so much for sharing your special day with us! Cheers! Smiley kiss

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics