M
Just Said Yes May 2019

Pre Owned Wedding Dresses

Madison , on July 11, 2018 at 1:40 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save
Is it weird to buy a pre owned wedding dress from a reputable website? Will my marriage be doomed? Or do I splurge and get the expensive one?

11 Comments

• Pegs
    VIP July 2018
    Pegs ·
    • Flag

Your marriage will definitely not be doomed! lol

As long as the website is reputable, there is nothing wrong with purchasing a pre-owned wedding dress. A lot of brides do that!

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

I wish I could have found one that I loved! I worry about ordering online....do they have a return policy? What if you try it on and decide you don't love it? That would be the only thing that would concern me.

• Jules
    Dedicated January 2019
    Jules ·
    • Flag

Search around first and try on different designers and styles etc. If you find one you love, look it up on preownedweddingdresses- you will be pleasantly surprised, as I was! I wound up finding the exact same 4,000$ retail dress for 950$, in almost perfect condition and minor alterations needed. After everything's said and done I will have spent 1400$ on this gown- still a steal Smiley smile and honestly, you're never doomed if you're playing it smart-reallocate that extra money to an awesome honeymoon!!

• C
    Devoted June 2018
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's weird, I actually looked at a pre-owned/smaple boutique near me before I bought my dress (I was going to do the online option because only 1 of the 3 locations was close enough for me to want to drive to)
    Just research the site to make sure it's reliable and see what type of return policy they offer, because you can never be sure of the fit without trying it on! Smiley smile
  • Lauren H.
    Dedicated September 2019
    Lauren H. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same x1000! This is exactly what I'm wondering as I'm dress hunting.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

Not weird at all! If you can try on the gowns you like and find them online, GREAT. I tried but couldn't find long-sleeve gowns. Smiley sad I would have loved to save money. My sister years ago got a $6K couture gown for $800 on eBay. It was amazing. Now there's Tradesy, PreOwnedWeddingDresses, etc.

My seamstress said you can up to 2 sizes larger. Hope that helps!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

It will not be doomed! I think it would be weird if you were previously married and wore that dress again though lol

• WinterMarie
    Super November 2018
    WinterMarie ·
    • Flag
    I say go for it. As long as the website is trust worthy and has plenty good reviews. I bought a new gown and may not be able to wear it not for certain reasons and wish I would have waited/ gone a cheaper route.
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    I got my dress for $25 off of Poshmark, so it can be done. It needs a few repairs, like some of the folds have come unsewn, but it’s honestly the best deal I’ve ever gotten.
  • tanakaseiron
    Dedicated May 2019
    tanakaseiron ·
    • Flag

Buy a pre-owned if you see something you like. Myths are only as much as you invest into them.

• Nicole
    Savvy May 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I am looking for a specific dress and can only find it on 1 website. Any recommendations aside from stillwhite.com and preownedweddingdresses?

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics