Marissa
Just Said Yes June 2020

Is it worth it to hire a wedding planner?

Marissa, on October 3, 2019 at 10:11 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save
We are having a reception only wedding at my moms house. The logistics are already giving me a headache. Is it worth it to hire someone to do all of this for me?

10 Comments

• 8BitBek
    Devoted October 2020
    8BitBek ·
    • Flag
    I would consider it just so there is someone other than you to coordinate. If not, you're going to be in charge of telling everyone when everything needs to happen instead of getting to relax and enjoy your day.
  • Gabrielle
    Devoted January 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    • Flag
    As someone who is currently planning her own wedding without a planner or coordinator, I’d definitely recommend looking for one. If it had been in the budget, we would absolutely have one, but we can’t afford anyone. So we’re planning everything ourselves and setting everything up ourselves and whatnot. It can be very stressful
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I had a full service wedding planner and she was completely worth it. But they are very expensive so if you have a small budget it may not be possible. I would look into a day of coordinator though.
  • 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

That really depends on whether time or money is tighter for you. If your budget is really tight, obviously a planner will eat into that. On the other hand, if you lack time, energy, or interest in planning, a planner may save your sanity.

• Dierdra
    Dedicated November 2020
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag
    Most venues that I've looked at have a day of coordinator built into the price!

• M
    Super September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    I had one that was horrible. I only kept going with her for the significant discounts that were provided with the other vendors.

Just make sure to read any and all reviews and BBB complaints if you decide to hire one.

Is there an Aunt, Cousin, or friend that could help you with this?
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·
    • Flag

Hey there Marissa!

A wedding planner can be a real lifesaver during planning!

These WeddingWire articles provide more information on what they do and how they can help Smiley smile

10 Reasons Your Wedding Planner is a Total Lifesaver

Why a Wedding Planner Costs THAT Much

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    If logistics are giving you a headache then yes I think you should
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

If you can afford it, yes. If you can't, at least hire a DOC or month of coordinator so you can have someone to help you with logistics on the day of.

• Desiree
    Expert March 2020
    Desiree ·
    • Flag

I vote yes! My venue actually has a wedding planner included, which I really thought I didn't need. I'm very organizational, logistic, and love communication. But I have been very thankful to have her help me, even with my skills. I can only imagine how helpful that person would be to someone who isn't as good with planning. They really are worth the money Smiley heart

Comment on this discussion