We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alisha
Devoted August 2020

i need you, August 2020 Brides.

Alisha, on March 19, 2020 at 1:13 PM Posted in Community Conversations 17 166
Saved Save
Reply

Please let me know what you are thinking at this time? I'm not sure if I should still have my wedding because we don't know what the next 5 months will bring, maybe this will all be gone? or just reschedule for next year? but who knows what next year will bring.. I am feeling so lost. I don't want to risk my family members health in any way. Eloping is not an option for us. It's very important to us that our family is there witnessing us getting married and celebrating right after. So either we keep our date this year or move to next August. What are your plans so far?

166 Comments

  • G
    Dedicated August 2021
    Gianna ·
    • Flag
    I’m August 29th, and we are not making any decisions until we get closer. We still have about 5 months and a lot can happen in that time. a few of my vendors reached out and said they believe we should be fine that far out but will keep assessing the situation
    • Reply
  • Emily
    Rockstar August 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    We are not making any decisions at this time either as this is something that could clear up in the next two months. Fiancé and I have discussed back up plans though. We already know if closer to time and things haven’t changed we are comfortable just asking our venue what other dates are open and switch to that! We aren’t stressing about it though! Worse case scenario you just shift your date. Our venue contract says we don’t lose money if we just reschedule an open date. We may lose our deposit on our dj is the only downside but it’s not a large amount.
    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope everything will be ok by then but we just never know. We haven't even sent our invitations yet because I'm not sure if we'll end up postponing. We sent our save the dates in January because we're getting married August 6th a Thursday, and we knew people would have to get the day off work and some already have so I'll feel so bad if we have to postpone.
    • Reply
  • Carlette
    Dedicated August 2020
    Carlette ·
    • Flag
    We're August 14th and moving along as planned. If it's still bad around June, then I'll start looking for other options.
    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Idk I'm just worried what if they say its gone by then and we're safe but it comes back because we start having big parties with a lot of people? Everything is so unpredictable right now. I loved our date because its in the summer when we're on break from school. If we cant do it this August we'll have to reschedule for next August. Hopefully our venue will understand its all inclusive so all the vendors should be on the same page. The only outside vendor we got was a photographer who we'll still use next year if we have to.
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

    China has a larger population than the US and is now recovering after 3 months. There is hope, but only if people follow CDC recommendations. It's too soon to make any decisions now. I would wait until at least June to see how things are by then. A lot can change within a matter of a few weeks. It's understandable that all of us are worried and panicking, but we can't do anything but to just wait it out and continue to be educated on what we can do to help stop the spread of the virus.

    • Reply
  • Emily
    Rockstar August 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s probably really helpful that your venue is all inclusive at that point it’d make it easier for you when it comes to rescheduling. I’d try not to get too worried about it for now, wait on it a bit 😊you know you’ll be getting married at some point
    • Reply
  • E
    Devoted August 2020
    Elle ·
    • Flag

    I am also August 29th, and I am moving forward as planned (I even scheduled my hair and makeup place yesterday - I didn't give them a deposit or contract, but they are aware that I want to book them, so they will wait till everything opens up again so I can hand in the contract and deposit!). My details meeting with my events coordinator is in May, so we'll see what happens then. I can reschedule if necessary (I'm not attached to my date in anyway), but eloping is also not an option for us, as my family and I are very Catholic, and it is important to me to get married as a Sacrament of Matrimony in the presence of God in my church, and not just a courthouse.

    • Reply
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

    I'm booked for August 8th. We are not making any changes until later. Will probably reassess in June. I think vendors are busy dealing with weddings being cancelled/rescheduled that were for March, April, May and I think it's important not to bother them with an August wedding right now. Also, I saw on here some people who were due to marry in March have now rescheduled for August.

    • Reply
  • Kortnie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kortnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    We are feeling the same, although it's scary a lot can happen and China is recovering after 3 months and they didn't take prior precautions as we have.

    I contacted all vendors and they said to wait for 2-3 months from our date before making any serious decisions as they think we will still be okay.


    Stay positive and take it day by day.

    If you pray, pray a lot.


    If you need motivation, follow me on insta as I will be posting faith based motivation everyday here on out to help us stay optimistic!


    • Reply
  • Kortnie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kortnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Yes! People rescheduling their original dates to august have given me a lot of hope!

    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm glad someone else understands that having a wedding with family there is the only option. Just hoping we'll get our days this year!
    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My thoughts exactly. I haven't contacted my vendors because I know they're busy with brides getting married sooner. I just hope its not too late by the time they contact me.
    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm really hoping everything will be ok in the next few months but I'm just worried if it goes away soon what if it comes back when everyone starts having big parties again? Idk what to do.
    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I'm hearing june is the month for check in
    • Reply
  • Kortnie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kortnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I think the best we can do is be cautious. If it is still a big issue with cases increasing but restrictions dropped around July / August - I will postpone just because I don't want to put anyone at risk.

    However, because most of my guests are coming from Nebraska, Iowa and South Carolina - if cases have dropped around July / August especially in those states, restrictions are lifted and life is for the most part back to normal we will go on with our wedding.

    We are planning on having little hand sanitizers as our favors now and will definitely have masks available for those present that are still wanting to me extra cautious at the time if needed.

    I was freaking out the last two days. Today, I feel hope. China is recovering and theirs was WAY worse. We were able to act faster, although not as fast as we could have. We have hope. After this 8 week period we will know more. Our wedding is 5 months away - lets not act too fast. Continue planning as you are, it wont hurt at all to plan as you have been just have a plan B set just in case.


    I think we will be okay. I really do.

    • Reply
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

    August 16th here! We are waiting it out a little longer to see what the next weeks/months bring. I do feel it's too soon to make such a big decision like that. Obviously, we're hoping for the best. It's too soon to tell in my opinion.

    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope you're right. I'm glad you have a back up plan. The only one we have is rescheduling for next year which I really dont want to do. I'm in grad school and my program is only going to get more intense so I think having our wedding now while I'm on summer break of my 1st year is best. I also struggle with anxiety so thats clearly not helping my mind right now lol Thanks for trying to give me some hope I appreciate it❤
    • Reply
  • Kortnie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kortnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Always!

    We can get through this together!

    I'm also in college for my Bachelors, and summer is really our only option as well or in between semesters in December / January. It's scary. Anxiety definitely doesn't help.

    Let me know if you need anything!

    • Reply
  • Alisha
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is too soon to tell, I just need some comfort and hope from other brides.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles