Skip to main content
Maria
Devoted August 2017

How much was your dress?

Maria, on August 19, 2017 at 1:23 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 166
Saved

Just out of curiosity. Were you comfortable with what you paid? Was it more than you originally planned? Less? Just right? Did you splurge? Not splurge?

ETA: Feel free to show off your dresses. I can't get enough of them Smiley smile

166 Comments

Latest activity by Tricia, on August 21, 2017 at 3:11 AM
  • Mrs.W.
    VIP June 2018
    Mrs.W. ·
    • Flag

$480. It's an $1800 dress but it's been discontinued so I got it at a fraction of the price. So yes I'm very happy with it. I was having a hard time justifying paying for a dress until I found this one. But that's just me. I hate spending money. Lol

• D
    Just Said Yes October 2017
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Mine was $129.99. I found the one I wanted at the big stores and went on eBay and found a shop selling it straight from China and I didn't have to pay $12,000 for it! It was brand new too. I absolutely love it

• Z
    Devoted April 2018
    Zaira ·
    • Flag

Mine was $1900 but with veil included...

• FutureFuji
    VIP September 2017
    FutureFuji ·
    • Flag

Mine was $1350 but after tax $1500. It was honestly more than I'm comfortable with (like yes I could afford it but it's just a lot of money for one dress/day). While it was within my budget I would have much rather stayed under 1000. Alterations were another $250.

• FutureMrsW
    VIP March 2018
    FutureMrsW ·
    • Flag

I doubled my dress budget. I'm thrilled with what I picked, admittedly did not ever intend on spending $3000 for a dress. I'm thinking of trying to sell it after the wedding to recoup some of the cost. I haven't decided yet.

• SuperStuelke
    Super September 2017
    SuperStuelke ·
    • Flag

Mine was $975 with my military discount. Was originally $1,200

• Melissa
    Expert November 2017
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

A little bit over two thousand. Justin Alexander, With belt and veil.

• JigglyPoof
    Expert August 2017
    JigglyPoof ·
    • Flag

$200. I actually took a chance on dressilyme.com and had it custom made to my measurements. I avoided a lace style though because it seems like the china dressmakers often botch lace dresses. I really liked it for the price. It wasn't perfect like the real dress it was made to look like but the original's a $3000 dress. Everyone thought it looked great.

Two weeks, no alterations needed. I wanted to wear flats so that was perfect

• Ms.Fox
    VIP May 2018
    Ms.Fox ·
    • Flag

Maggie Sottero, with alterations around 2,500.

• Sarah
    Expert April 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Mine was $420 because it was discontinued. I had no idea it was so cheap when I tried it on, the dress looks way more expensive. My dress budget was $630 so I was very happy with the price.

• SweetAugustBride
    Super August 2018
    SweetAugustBride ·
    • Flag

$699. Mine was on sale and I didn't realize it.

• Kaylene
    Devoted September 2017
    Kaylene ·
    • Flag

$450 was mine! My whole wardrobe--dress veil shoes garter sash and the alterations came to $970, which I wanted to stay under $1000 for everything together so I'm very happy with that!

• FutureMrsTrevino
    Expert September 2017
    FutureMrsTrevino ·
    • Flag

Paid $900 for the dress - it was discounted because it was a sample. Paid $350 for alterations. I expected to pay about that much.

• April
    Devoted August 2018
    April ·
    • Flag

I stepped outside of my budget. My dress was 3000!!! I absolutely adore it. Been planning my wedding since middle school. Smiley smile

• BrooklynBride
    Expert December 2017
    BrooklynBride ·
    • Flag

$700 from a sample sale, originally $2500 as this is a dress from 2014.

• Dani
    Super October 2017
    Dani ·
    • Flag

The dress I originally picked was $1500 for the dress alone. I ended up with dress regret, and getting a new dress that I love 10x more for $300 from someone in a Facebook group who bought the dress and then changed her mind.

• JaMiCK
    Devoted August 2018
    JaMiCK ·
    • Flag

I paid $350 for my dress & still think I spent too much...LoL!

• Jessi
    VIP December 2017
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

$900 for dress (on sale from $1500), $90 veil, $350 alterations, shoes I already had. Yikes that's a lot!

• Makela
    Expert October 2017
    Makela ·
    • Flag

$400 for mine...well within budget. No alterations needed.

• TarHeel729
    Expert July 2017
    TarHeel729 ·
    • Flag

$1230 for the dress, $75 for shipping, $175 for the veil, and $300 for alterations. Even with the shipping cost, I saved about $100 by ordering from a store in a different state (so did not pay sales tax). The veil was a gift from my parents. The dress was within budget ($1500), but I was really hoping to pay less than $1000. I loved my dress though. Originally, I planned to sell it, but am now rethinking that plan.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics