Future Mrs. P
Super October 2012

How much are you paying for......

Future Mrs. P, on August 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM Posted in Planning 0 29
Saved Save

Photography? What's included in the price? How far in advance did you book your photographer?

29 Comments

• Kiesha
    Super September 2012
    Kiesha ·
    • Flag

I had a post similar to this up about a week ago, and the price ranges where all over the place! it depends on how long you have them there, how many photographers, your city, all kinds of stuff, but right now i've gotten quotes from $1500-$3250

• Cecelia
    Savvy June 2012
    Cecelia ·
    • Flag

We still haven't picked between two photographers but it's looking like between $3,000 and $5,000 but we are in Chicago, so things are a bit more expensive. Also, photography and our photos are very important to us so it's definitely one area I will not be skimping in.

• Mrs. Reese's Pieces
    VIP October 2012
    Mrs. Reese's Pieces ·
    • Flag

$800 for six hours and two photographers (they're a couple).

All the photographers I wanted was WAAAAAY out of our price range. I thought this was a good deal for a pretty decent photographer.

• Katie
    Expert September 2012
    Katie ·
    • Flag

We are getting ours for 900 great deal with dj told us about them and the did his pix

we get two people unlimeted photos 200 prints rest on cd 6 hours/maybe all day depends what the dj can doSmiley smile he is great

• Mrs. Reese's Pieces
    VIP October 2012
    Mrs. Reese's Pieces ·
    • Flag

Oh, and we'll also have all rights to all the photos they take.

Forgot to answer: we booked over a year in advance... just signed the contract a week or two ago. We actually have the photographer, DJ, and venue booked already... working on getting the deposit together for the caterer.

• Dena&JD
    Master April 2012
    Dena&JD ·
    • Flag

I am paying $1,800, booked 9 months in advance

Here's what it includes:

6 hours coverage

wedding album 10X10 , 20 pages (more than 50 pics in total)

High resolution DVD (we have copyrights)

Website with all the pics

2 hours photobooth (unlimited double pics) with scrapbook

• Future Mrs. P
    Super October 2012
    Future Mrs. P ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies I understand prices will vary and I am a true believer of you get what you pay for. I guess I'm trying to see what services you gals are getting for the price your paying.

Dena R. that's a great deal including photobooth. My top choice photographer doesn't have a photobooth. I never thought to combine the 2. That will be this weeks task.

• ashlee
    Master January 2012
    ashlee ·
    • Flag

Average cost is around $3500 - do a forum search (top right) as there have been a ton of posts about photogs. You will find a ton of good info.

I booked mine about 10months out and we created a. Package for about $2400

• RobinRockr
    Super June 2012
    RobinRockr ·
    • Flag

We paid $650... included an engagement session, 7 hours on the wedding day, and edited pics on a CD. It was a great deal, but we did have some issues getting the CD of pics. So I guess as far as that was concerned, we "got what we paid for..." BUT the pictures are beautiful and came out great. Smiley smile

We had to look long and hard to find a photographer at that price whose pics looked professional, BTW... it took forever before we found someone!!

• Ednabug
    Master December 2011
    Ednabug ·
    • Flag

includes:

7 hours

75 printed pictures {touched up}

1 11x14 picture

all photos taken on a cd

and a few other things, I'm forgetting

we booked him in January...so just about 1 year in advance

• Phyllisann
    Master June 2012
    Phyllisann ·
    • Flag

$800

Includes 3 hrs of Photography

and a High Res CD

She also gives payment plans which I feel is an added bonus.

25% 6mnths before, 25% week before, then 50% after the product is received.

• Jenn Lane
    December 2019
    Jenn Lane ·
    • Flag

Book 6 to 9 months out. Average price for a photographer is about $1200.

Sources:

Wedding Checklist

Wedding Budget Calculator

• AllisaurusRex
    Devoted November 2015
    AllisaurusRex ·
    • Flag

I booked about 15 months out, but mostly because her prices are going up and we wanted to get in before that. We are paying $1000 for 6 hours on the day of, a disc of all our photos with full printing rights to them (no watermark on them or anything) and $50 worth of prints, which is all we need since we will probably only want physical copies of two or three photos. In our area this is a phenomenal deal, especially for the quality of her work.

• Shaton
    VIP June 2012
    Shaton ·
    • Flag

My wedding is next June, I paid a deposit in July.... We gave her $325. the total was $699.00 for full coverage for the day. We got a stupid deal at a Bridal Show.... So happy. Then we went to another show and saw her and the price had gone up to $800.. 11x14 photobook, engagement session and 2 phtographers....

• Merfy Lou
    Master June 2012
    Merfy Lou ·
    • Flag

We're meeting with the photographer in an hour and a half. I keep telling FH how important it is to agree on what we want to get for how much, but of course he isn't listening Smiley smile

• Stevie Rae
    VIP July 2011
    Stevie Rae ·
    • Flag

Ours was $1,800 for 2 photographers, engagement session, 8 hours on wedding day. All photos on CDS and bride and groom custom made album and 1 custom made parent album. And we booked him a year in advance.

• B
    Master January 2011
    bluedaisy ·
    • Flag

$2800

6 hrs of photography

engagement photo session

very nice 10x10 photo book

$300 print credit

cd of high res and low res images-low res for online posting and high res for printing, as well as a printing release for all the images

we booked him 5 months in advance

• DallasBride
    Devoted April 2012
    DallasBride ·
    • Flag

We booked 9 months in advance.

$2400, 2 photographers, 8 hours day of, edited CD with High res w/o watermark, Low res w/ watermark (full copyrights), and a flush mounted photo album.

• Merfy Lou
    Master June 2012
    Merfy Lou ·
    • Flag

We just met with our (hopefully) photographer Smiley laugh

$1600

200 4x6's in an album

10 touched-up 8x10's

600-900 photos in high and low res (for printing and posting online respectively)

engagement session

all day shooting

after-shoot if desired

all pics on his site for a year

• Robert Tweedy
    December 2019
    Robert Tweedy ·
    • Flag

I have a page on my blog: How to choose a pro photographer. It will give you a few things to consider. Some things sound great on its face, but you need to do your homework! http://newportlightphotography.blogspot.com/

The economy is slow! I have specials going that I normally wouldn't have to offer. I've heard the average for a photographer is 3,000. One thing that really affects my pricing is the type of album you order. Prices for albums vary widely. Most photographers should be able to work within your budget...if they want your business that is!

Comment on this discussion