Futuremrsv
Devoted December 2019

Express Planning

Futuremrsv, on August 13, 2019 at 1:34 PM Posted in Planning 0 50
Saved Save
Hi! Just curious if anyone is planning their wedding in 6 months or less from start to finish or am I the only crazy one 😆🤷🏽‍♀️ We’ve been engaged for a while, but delayed the wedding due to finishing school, then moving due to FH career, then purchasing our first home & most importantly (sadly) the passing of our Grandmas. We’re finally doing it NYE (YAAY) and I just calculated it and we officially got the ball rolling in May/June. How’s your planning going? Are you stressed? I’m not, but I’m curious to see how it’s going for other brides who are planning in 6 months or less until the big day.

50 Comments

• Yana
    Dedicated October 2019
    Yana ·

Hey! my fiance and I have been together over 10 years (omg so long), got engaged last December, started planning for the wedding the end of April and wedding day is end of October! Yes I am stressed lol Fiance isn't much of a planner so it's basically all me... I did give him one task of finding a DJ and somehow that's one of the only vendors we booked so far (besides venue/food) so I guess most of this is on me! I did however find my dress so I have the 2 most important things down. 68 days until the wedding!
    sorry to hear about your grandmas good luck with the rest of your planning!

• Keri
    Expert November 2019
    Keri ·

Sorry to hear about your grandmas. Seems like you have a lot going on. We are planning a wedding in 8 months, but I definitely feel like I could have done it in 6 or 7 because of our all-inclusive venue.

• Cyndy
    VIP May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    Yes I planned our entire DW in 10 weeks. It was 55 people and I had no help. My fiancé kept saying “whatever you want hunny” but didn’t do very much. He only helped when I was so stressed that I had to ask for specific help. It was super stressful but it all worked out. I will say to ask for help and allow anyone that offers help you. Good luck!
  • EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams Online ·

Yes I am planning ours in 5 months. He proposed in March and we are getting married in 17 days!! We have 194 people coming, I have my final dress fitting on the 22nd and we are ready to roll!

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your grandparents but everything else sounds super exciting! You can totally do it in 6 months. Good luck!

• IvyAndKris
    Rockstar October 2019
    IvyAndKris ·

We got engaged last September and will be married this October. We talked about what we wanted and our budget but found out at the end of the year into this year that I needed not one, but two surgeries that would put me out of work for a few weeks and hinder my ability to walk for a while. We put everything on hold till I recovered around May. We booked our venue and everything started falling in place after that. My step-son got engaged this spring and they will be getting married this NYE. I can't imagine how they are dealing with it while she works through her residency in a different state, but determination is a powerful thing! Now that it's almost here I almost can't imagine having a year and a half to plan like some people do. I would have spent SO much more!

• Sara
    Devoted February 2020
    Sara Online ·
    We have six months and a couple weeks to plan ours.
  • Sara
    Dedicated September 2019
    Sara ·

We have been engaged since May 2018 and finally set a date in April 2019. Getting married in September 2019 so less than 5 months in total. Definitely wish I had more time (and vetoed a September wedding) but it's almost here and done with!

Good luck with your planning!

• Clara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Clara ·
    I have... twice. First marriage we were engaged a year before picking a date or doing any planning, then planned in 5 months. This time around me and my FH will be engaged 6.5 months on our wedding day (which is Saturday!!!) I honestly do not find it difficult. I feel if I had too much time I would change my mind on things too often. I didn't have any troubles finding a venue or vendors, but I am having a smaller wedding (45 people). But I did have 110 at my first and I don't recall any difficulties there either.
  • Charlotte
    Savvy August 2019
    Charlotte ·
    We got engaged in April and our wedding is in two weeks! Only 50 guests but we’re doing most of the planning ourselves. Totally doable.
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam Online ·
    I am.
    FH and I have been together for thirteen years, we were engaged before two years ago and actively planning but a car accident put our plans on hold. We were going to wait longer because I’m still seeing doctors but we found out my dad has Cancer, so with NO wedding savings and four months to plan we’re doing this!!
    I truly believe a wedding can be pulled off at any timeline and any price point. It’s stressful coming up with the money every paycheck but it’s important to us.
    Our wedding is next month, contracts all signed, guests all invited, dress currently being altered. It’s going to be ok and I’m finally starting to relax!
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yana my fiancé and I have been together for 15!!!!! LOL so no judgment. Also, thanks for your condolences 💛 Good luck with your upcoming wedding! Don’t stress! It’s almost over and if you need help as your FH I’m sure he’ll be more than willing to step up. Look he already booked the DJ 🤷🏽‍♀️😊
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for your condolences Keri. It has been a CRAZY few years! 8 months I think is enough time especially since you were smart and went with an all inclusive venue 😊 Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!
  • Andrea
    Super October 2019
    Andrea ·
    We started planning 6 months before the big day.
    Not helped to get all of the big stuff reserved, which left me able to focus on the little stuff. It is possible! Just knock things out as you go! Eventually-it’ll all get done!
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG Cyndy you are a rockstar 😊 I definitely ask for help when I need it, so that’s great advice! But I bow down to you girl!!! 10 weeks!!!
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    17 days left! How exciting! Congrats! I still need to pick a dress 🤦🏽‍♀️ but other than that we’re rolling along too! It’s amazing that 194 guests are attending your wedding with 5 months notice- you know most people or at least my family can’t do anything or make any decision in less than 6 months LOL.

Thanks for your condolences! I appreciate that so much 💛
  • Leslie
    Devoted August 2019
    Leslie ·
    I started planning around mid-May and we get married at the end of the month! (I’m also leaving for a family vacation this week so everything needed to be finished before then.)

We got a couple major things figured out pretty quickly (venue, food, dress), but until just a week or two ago I was SO overwhelmed thinking I wouldn’t get anything done. My mom has helped me a lot with the decor and little things, but the major things have been mostly on my own.

We still need to finish up a couple of things and I try my dress on again tomorrow. I’m hoping the next few days are productive so my vacation can go smoothly and I’m not too stressed! It may seem like a lot, but you’ll get it all done, I promise.
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow IvyAndKris! Sounds like you had a heck of a year too! Hope all is well with you now and that you’re feeling much better 😊 Congrats on your step son’s engagement! I agree if you’re determined you can do ANYTHING! I agree a few months is all we need otherwise I would spend so much money just because I had time to find/buy more things LOL
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I was in the same boat Sara. I think that’s more than enough time 😊
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! Congrats on the upcoming wedding Sara! Like you said it’s almost done LOL.
  • Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree Clara! Too much time and I would be so indecisive, LOL. Congrats on your wedding! This Saturday WOW! I know you’re ecstatic!

Comment on this discussion