We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kiara
Super August 2021

Due to Covid19 How many of you who have changed your date are sending out New Save The Dates? Or How Many of you added the date on things & now have t

Kiara, on August 9, 2020 at 11:18 AM Posted in Planning 0 28
Saved Save

I know I ordered some favorites & Save The Dates. Now Im going to order new Favorites to change the date & Im wondering should I order new STD's or not???

28 Comments

Latest activity by Kiara, on September 1, 2020 at 6:50 PM
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We ordered new date cards and sent them when we were planning on sending out invitations. The only thing we had purchased with our original date was our cake cutting/serving set. The seller on Etsy gave us a discount to replace it with the new date. A lot of couples on this site have posted that they are considering keeping the items with their original date.
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I sent out postponement announcements, and will be sending out Change The Date cards once our new date gets closer (we postponed two years out to 2022). For the things that we already had our original date etched on, we are leaving most of them as-is (since our original date is part of our story), and others, we are keeping the original item, but etching our new date below the original date. We don't think it's worth spending the money on ordering new items.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    We sent postponement “postcards” announcements via text and I recently ordered change-the-date cards. Luckily I hadn’t ordered any items with our original date printed on it (besides our STDs). So that was an easy update.
  • Stephanie
    Expert September 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    We changed our date and we just order our “Change the dates” To replace our save the dates! Thankful that was the only thing that we ordered with our date on them so it was a easy fix! Plus I got a better deal on our “change the dates” then what I paid for our “Save the dates”!!!!!!!
  • Eshell
    Devoted July 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    Hello! So we are sending out new STDs but the items we bought already that has our original Date we keeping because we plan to do our legal civil ceremony just US two on our original date. So when we celebrate with family and friends next summer it will be more a formality and party !!!!! GODS WILLING
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    We ordered “change the date” magnets with our new date on it. We didn’t order anything for the wedding with our date on it (ie, napkins, glasses, cake knife/server, etc.)
  • Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ok cool thats nice to know to keep something with th old date as a keepsake... and etsy did the same to us for my favors..

• Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Cool thats dope..

• Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lucky yall girl i had the favors & STD & my hanger ugh lol

• Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh ok cool so with you it makes since to keep that stuff..

• Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sounds like me thank god but i did order favors luckily i stopped them in time & my hanger

• Evelyn
    Dedicated March 2021
    Evelyn ·
    • Flag
    My wedding was October 17, 2020. I postponed due to covid -19 March 2021. I mailed original wedding invites early June and added a covid note with new date. I plan to mail reminder notes and a simple RSVP cards again in the fall. My favors have 10/17/2020 and will give them out in March. Taking things easy!

Good luck
  • Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Cool you were prepared..

• Morgan
    Beginner September 2021
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    I sent out an electronic “save the new date”..I did the same for my original save the dates because I just didn’t want to spend the extra money on paper that is going to end up in somebody’s trash can.
  • Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well Imma send them electronic this round but mines didn't end up in the trash because you can put them on the fridge or wall

• Evelyn
    Dedicated March 2021
    Evelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you and wishing us all the best.

Stay safe
  • Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww thanx & you be safe also.

• Laura
    Dedicated September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I personally would not reorder save the dates. Also, check with everyone that you've ordered stuff from and are having to reorder because of date changes. Mostly everything that I had to reorder, I e-mailed or contacted customer service and they sent me my order with my new date at no charge! For me that was guest book, decals, napkins, wiring for my dress hanger.

• Paulette
    Beginner April 2021
    Paulette ·
    • Flag

Hi Kiara...

I haven't been on here in a while because I was really kind of distraught. We had our joint bridal shower on March 14th because we were getting married on April 18th. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So we moved it to November 14th but we don't know what's going to happen since kids are not going back to school physically. So we've moved it to our original month of April. (I'm on here to change everything and try to get back into the swing of things) We're getting ready to send out post card invitations to everyone again. (They are much cheaper than full invites) and have people reply to our RSVP line all over again. Because we have a travel them, our favors are the little boxes that look like luggage so that was not a waste and everything else was going to be done during the month before. So we really didn't lose anything. All of the vendors are on board and it's such a blessing. The only thing that we did waste money on was the candy to go in the box. (150 Lindor's chocolates!!) LOL Have to rethink that!

Since you are later in the year, you shouldn't have any more problems. I would suggest looking at how long it takes to deliver whatever you're ordering and then order it as close to the time you need it as possible. But I know everything will work out! Congrats!!

• Kiara
    Super August 2021
    Kiara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ok thank you i did actually reach out to them before you commented but hey atleast someone thought of doing the say shoot thats alot of money

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles