mrs2B
Dedicated March 2010

Dress is too small! 2wks till wedding, I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!

mrs2B, on February 18, 2010 at 8:49 AM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved

I got my dress back yesterday from getting a bustle put in only to find out i'm fatter than before! I cried when i tried it on. :*( I lost 30 lbs before buying the dress but I had to stop working out in January because I had a hernia surgery so i've just been watching what I eat. Took my dress in about 3wks ago and just got it back!

i'm going to start walking everyday, but not sure how much that will do since my wedding is in TWO weeks!

I'm going to have to starve myself for the next 2wks! Any ideas or crash diets?

18 Comments

Latest activity by The O-fficial MrsJoseph!, on February 18, 2010 at 2:55 PM
  • Kerin
    Super September 2010
    Kerin ·
    • Flag

Maybe an herbal cleanse? sounds gross but it cleans out your system and knocks of some lbs.

• L
    Super June 2011
    Lauren20 ·
    • Flag

Good idea Kerin. I would do that and maybe combine it with a hardcore video like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Also, I heard about this diet last summer. I had never heard of it before, and I haven't heard of it since, but you could probable google it. It is a green bean and chicken diet. Basically you eat nothing but chicken and green beans. The girl who told me about it lost a lot of weight very quickly. The downside to it is getting sick of green beans and chicken.

Hope this helps. Smiley smile

• Tinkerbell
    Devoted November 2010
    Tinkerbell ·
    • Flag

Call whoever you had do alterations/bustle today and see if they can insert the corset back per LovelyUnique's suggestion. It worked for a friend of mine. It will be worth the cost in order to insure that you're comfortable on your wedding day and not stressed between now and then.

• ladylee
    Master June 2010
    ladylee ·
    • Flag

How much weight do you need to lose dear? definitely don't starve yourself. that's just not healthy. Are you cleared by your doctor to start exercising again? I recommend you do Phase One of the South Beach diet. Basically restrict yourself to meat and veggies for 2 weeks. No bread, pasta, potatos, fruit, or rice. Drink nothing but water. No soda or even juice. Fruit and juice have lots of sugar. Exercise if you can. That will help. When I read the south beach diet book, it said that most people will lose 8-12 pounds in the first 2 weeks and the majority of it will be belly fat. Good luck. Be dilligent but also be healthy.

• K
    Devoted June 2016
    Kerri ·
    • Flag

I haven't tried it yet, but my brother and sister and law said that if you really stick to it this diet works.

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/3_Day_Tuna_Diet

and combined with losts of walking

• Not-A-Bridezilla
    Master May 2010
    Not-A-Bridezilla ·
    • Flag

How much do you need to lose? If it isn't that much you could take some water pills... they will only help you lose a few pounds of water weight (and it will be temporary) but if you only need to lose about 5 pounds they could help

• M
    Dedicated October 2010
    Melisa ·
    • Flag

I would not recommend crash dieting before your wedding. see if you can get the corset back which will give you some flexibility so if you lose some weight great, but if not, no biggy either. my friend did a crash diet before she went on a cruise (the lemon juice diet or something) but advised me to not do that before RIGHT before the wedding. everyone reacts differently to those types of diets, you don't want to be feeling 'off' on the wedding b/c you haven't been eating as you normally do.

• Wendy
    Just Said Yes June 2010
    Wendy ·
    • Flag

For something extreme you can do the meat and egg diet. I have done it in the past and it works - really you feel like your belly has reduced and if you stick to it, you can loose ten pounds quickly...remember no cheating. Drink lots of water to help with headaches, they usually last from day 3 - day 5...but do go away.

more info here: http://www.afn.org/~poultry/eggdiet.htm

if you want extreme only eat lower fat protein.eggs, chicken, turkey and keep out the cheese -good luck

• mrs2B
    Dedicated March 2010
    mrs2B ·
    • Flag

The corset idea is a good one but unfortunately won't work with my dress, becaue it's a keyhole cut in the back. I've done south beach before and did loose about 10lbs the first 2weeks. Thanks everyone! Looks like i'm having turkey, chicken, tuna, and veggies for the next two weeks. My MD cleared my to activities as tolerated, i'm still a little sore int he area, but i think 30 min of walking and a video work out will be okay.

• Kerin
    Super September 2010
    Kerin ·
    • Flag

Try WW & strictly with some walking, I think you could loose like 10lbs. or more in those 2 weeks. BUT I would still start with an herbal cleanse before doing anything to boost the weight lose right away!!!

• Kerin
    Super September 2010
    Kerin ·
    • Flag

WW is weight watchers...

• C
    Devoted May 2014
    Carla ·
    • Flag

Lemon Cleanse:

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm

• soontobemrspanag
    Expert July 2011
    soontobemrspanag ·
    • Flag

Give up everything containing added sugar! I did this and my body completely changed in just 3 days! Eat lots of fruits and veggies--quinoa is really good too! Good luck Smiley smile

• Nicole
    Super October 2011
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Cut out carbs, you will lose weight fast! It will come back of course but it definitely works as a crash diet. Good luck!

• Amber
    Dedicated September 2011
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I would also recommend cutting out the carbs. I lost 60 pounds in 6 months by just eating meats and veggies i would ocassionally have rice but all whole grain stuff. Drink lots of water, do not eat after 730 and just stick to 6 small meals a day ..breakfast would be egge beaters with 2 peices of turkey bacon snack would be string cheese lunch , tuna(no mayo) over romanine lettuce to give it texture another snack..dinner fish and veggies ..fibe one bars help too they keep you full longer because of all the fiber

• DawnDawn
    VIP March 2010
    DawnDawn ·
    • Flag

If you can find tome the day before get a slenderizing body wrap, you can lose inches but only very temporarily.

• The O-fficial MrsJoseph!
    Master September 2010
    The O-fficial MrsJoseph! ·
    • Flag

Do an herbal cleaning, then get a colonic. Gross, I know, but you will lose a lot of weight.

Before every meal, drink a glass of water and a slice of bread with a very light spread of EVOO at least 15 minutes before the meal. IF you are doing the no carbs, then just the glass of water, but it makes you less hungry.

• The O-fficial MrsJoseph!
    Master September 2010
    The O-fficial MrsJoseph! ·
    • Flag

EVOO - extra virgin olive oil

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics