Traci
Devoted August 2014

Dont want to walk to "HEAR COMES THE BRIDE"

Traci, on March 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Posted in Community Conversations 36

Since we are having a destination wedding and not real big on tradition, I want a song that I can walk down the aisle with that is not "Here comes the Bride" I listen to most genres of music. I dont really want a mushy lovey dovey song that will make me cry. But I dont want a "twerk" it song eitther...

Since we are having a destination wedding and not real big on tradition, I want a song that I can walk down the aisle with that is not "Here comes the Bride" I listen to most genres of music. I dont really want a mushy lovey dovey song that will make me cry. But I dont want a "twerk" it song eitther LOL. I need help! The wedding is in Jamaica. So can if you all start spouting some out I would love it! Title and Artist if possible.

36 Comments

• Traci
    Devoted August 2014
    Traci ·
    • Flag

These are all really great song choices. I think what I'm going to do tonight is get online, pour a cocktail and get to streaming some songs.

• kLo
    VIP August 2014
    kLo ·
    • Flag

Sara Bareilles- I choose you

Listen to it, I love it! I'm being piped in, otherwise would have walked in to that. We are using it for our cake cutting song instead Smiley smile

• Bethanie
    Super April 2015
    Bethanie ·
    • Flag

I'm having my harpist play A Thousand Years. That's such a great song, instrumentally.

• J
    VIP August 2014
    J ·
    • Flag

Is anybody not walking to the instrumental version. Just the original version?? Adele's version if lovesong is beautiful. I'm considering would you go with me by josh turner if you like country and upbeat.

• Future Mrs. Pichon
    Super September 2014
    Future Mrs. Pichon ·
    • Flag

I had a chance to find the song- the Ukulele version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Here it is just instrumental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htSSmHFdAqU

and here it is with lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

I'm a geek. I walked down to the Throne Room song from Star Wars Episode IV.

• Mrs. Shanon V
    Master May 2014
    Mrs. Shanon V ·
    • Flag

I'm walking to Liz On Top Of The World of the Pride and Prejudice 2005 OST. Smiley laugh I love a good crescendo.

Master October 2013
    .... ·
    • Flag

I did Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - I was Dorothy in a Wizard of Oz play in 1st grade and have always loved Wizard of Oz!

He's Hawaiian so it has a bit of an island vibe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k

• MinD
    VIP June 2013
    MinD ·
    • Flag

We used "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole as the song for our bridesmaids to walk to at our outdoor garden ceremony. Ukelele and words version

• Traci
    Devoted August 2014
    Traci ·
    • Flag

Hey there is a song that has been playing and I know it is a female singer and she is singing about making a toast..... last toast.... some kind of toast,,,,,. does anyone know the singer or the name of the song? I need to add it to my reception playlist

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·
    • Flag

So this is weird.... but like incredible we would be using it if I didn't already have one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99NEGDihn30

• ChampagneTaste
    VIP September 2014
    ChampagneTaste ·
    • Flag

Yes to the somewhere over a rainbow/ wonderful world

Isn't " a thousand years" the twilight song?

• Heidi & Nathan
    Just Said Yes June 2014
    Heidi & Nathan ·
    • Flag

Traci, I feel the same. I feel like a bride should walk down to the song that represents her as a bride and her feelings towards her groom that's waiting there for her. I am walking down to "God Bless The Broken Road"; sung by my God mother and God sister. This song could not represent my journey to becoming my FH's wife any more perfectly....I would just sit down and reflect on how you feel as a bride and what message you want to send to you FH & guest. Since your getting married in Jamaica check out some reggae instrumentals; reggae music can be very spiritual and beautiful. GOOD LUCK... THESE LITTLE DETAILS CAN RUN YOU CRAZY!

• Miss P.
    Master September 2014
    Miss P. ·
    • Flag

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwWnBtOzFYQ

Mouna Bowa-by String Cheese Incident

Alright give this song a chance. It's totally beachy and their aren't any lyrics. It's happy and long enough to last the whole walk from start to finish and I feel like it'd be such a fun song to walk down the aisle to. I am considering it myself. This band is awesome.

• Traci
    Devoted August 2014
    Traci ·
    • Flag

I was thinking about this whole process last night. I love musicals.... Especially Fiddler on the Roof. I was thinking...can music play during the ceremony? I am thinking about having Sunrise Sunset play during the ceremony real low in the background.....Do you think that would be a possibility?

Master October 2013
    .... ·
    • Flag

You could do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. You want people to focus on you and FI, the officiant, and the ceremony, not distracted by "what is that noise in the background??" But you could play it during cocktail hour/dinner or as your recessional, or when the bridesmaids/groomsmen walk in our something.

Anything we wanted played that wasn't "dancy" was played during our cocktail hour or dinner. My husband got his requisite Dave Matthews Band in during there.

Comment on this discussion