BG91011
Super September 2011

DO YOU GUYS WEAR YOUR RING IN THE SHOWER..

BG91011, on February 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Posted in Planning 63

So do you guys ake it off... or keep it on.. i get worried..

So do you guys ake it off... or keep it on.. i get worried..

63 Comments

• MrsDevine
    Master August 2010
    MrsDevine ·
    • Flag

I have a serious problem with losing jewelry so i keep mine on at all times. and mines too big for me too! i only take it off to try on new rings. lol. were looking for an upgrade.

• kelseyj
    VIP August 2010
    kelseyj ·
    • Flag

I take mine off to shower! I'm paranoid about it slipping off and going down the drain! but I also hate setting it next to a sink or something... so i have a little organizer that i drop it in where it can be safe... otherwise, I only take it off if i'm washing my hands at home, if i'm somewhere else i leave it on, but i leave it on to sleep and everything... also, I think if you wear it in the shower it gets dirty faster and i'm way to lazy to take it in to get cleaned all the time!

• Taryn
    Super January 2012
    Taryn ·
    • Flag

I take it off right before the shower, and put it back on right after I get out. I hook it onto my necklace so it doesn go anywhere. I also take mine off when I do the dishes. Something about wearing it when I am messing with nasty stuff grosses me out. lol

• The O-fficial MrsJoseph!
    Master September 2010
    The O-fficial MrsJoseph! ·
    • Flag

Oh yeah - I never take if off when I wash my hands away from home. When I'm at work and wash my hands I leave it on until I get to my desk for lotion. The way I figure it, if I'm in the habit of leaving it on while washing away from home, if I do take it off and forget it at least I'll be at home...

• Gidge22
    Super April 2010
    Gidge22 ·
    • Flag

I never take my ring off unless I am taking it to get cleaned at the jewelry store. Its probably a smart idea to take it off, but I am terrified it would accidently fall down the sink or something.

• The Potters
    Master September 2009
    The Potters ·
    • Flag

I have mine on always, except for in the shower. Because in all the soap/shampoo my ring turns around and it annoys me.

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

The only time I take my ring off is when I'm going my hair, and putting porduct in it and i dont want to get product in my ring (usually some sorty of smoothing serum) or when I'm cooking, usually making something with ground meat and i need to mix it by hand... other then that it's always on my finger :]

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

... oh and unless im cleaning it, which is usually after i do my hair lol

• C
    Devoted May 2014
    Carla ·
    • Flag

I never take mine off except when I bake or clean.

• Whitni
    VIP June 2010
    Whitni ·
    • Flag

I take it off when im in the shower and when im putting lotion on! (or when im giving the dog a bath or cooking something that involves miixing it with my hands) thats it Smiley smile

• Danielle S
    VIP June 2010
    Danielle S ·
    • Flag

Only take it off when it is getting cleaned at the jewelry store or when I am putting lotion on.

• N
    Dedicated July 2010
    Navy_Baby ·
    • Flag

It's one of the few times that I ever take it off.

• B
    Just Said Yes August 2011
    Buttercup2011 ·
    • Flag

I take mine off to shower, although it's off getting sized now, so maybe when I get it back I won't have to... Other than that, I take it off for lotion, cooking and working out (only for weights though).

I miss it a ton... I think two weeks to size a ring down is ridiculous... :-(

• M
    Devoted February 2010
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I take mine off when I get home from work. I do this because I don't want to keep taking it off and putting it on and also I'm afraid that I might misplace it.

• EmmeB
    Just Said Yes November 2010
    EmmeB ·
    • Flag

It's a good idea to take off rings when showering, cleaning, using chemicals, products, or tools. You could get a ring holder. That way you both have a safe place to put your rings.

• I Yee Yee
    Super July 2011
    I Yee Yee ·
    • Flag

I leave mine on. He did a great job getting it sized (4.5 - no idea how he perfectly hit the nail on the head), made sure it's too tight to slip over my knuckles. In the morning my hands are usually swollen, and the morning when I usually shower, so it doesn't come of when I shower for sure!

• Jessy
    Master May 2010
    Jessy ·
    • Flag

I only take mine off if I'm mucking about in something nasty.

• DawnDawn
    VIP March 2010
    DawnDawn ·
    • Flag

I used to wear it all the time when it was in it's origional condition - it was FH's mom's ring. But since we had a new one made I take it off pretty frequently. It is a pearl so it is more delicate.

• The Awesome Thief
    Master February 2010
    The Awesome Thief ·
    • Flag

Only time my rings come off is when I put lotion on. I wear my engagement and wedding rings everywhere else tho. Bed, shower, washing hands, dishes. If I don't have it on I feel weird.

• Mrs. Jayjohn
    Master August 2010
    Mrs. Jayjohn ·
    • Flag

My ring was my dad's mom's and when she passed (I was 6 months old) she left it to me so I take it off when I do dishes, anything in the garden, when I go to bed (I tried sleeping with it on ONCE and I woke up at 2am and noticed it was gone-I'd take it off in my sleep!) and when I take a shower it goes in a cleaning solution.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics