Kellie Martinez
Super October 2019

Dj- Do Not Play List

Kellie Martinez, on March 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 105
Saved Save
I’m honestly just curious to see how many of you have a do not play list you’re giving to your wedding DJ. & why unless it is too personal of course. My dad is a DJ and rarely has clients that give him one but every so often someone does and it’s usually very specific. For example: “NO KELLY CLARKSON.” I’ll always remember that bride Lol

105 Comments

• V
    VIP July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I know we have at least one song on our Do Not Play List which is Benny and the Jets and it is because my fiance hates the nickname Benny and his friends know that so they would definitely request it just to annoy him so we are making sure the DJ won't play it.

• E
    Dedicated June 2019
    Erika ·
    • Flag
    We sort of have a do not play list but it will just be all of those classic wedding songs (macarana, chicken dance, etc.) everything else is free game!
  • Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

We have to fill out a DJ form which asks if there is any genre not to be played so I'm putting rap music haha.

• Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My fiance would probably love to request the same thing but then I’d be sad lol
  • Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s fair. It’s really cringy for me at this point so I think I’ll do the same!
  • Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol that makes sense! guys are notorious for that kind of a thing. they don’t care if it’s your wedding day Smiley tongue
  • Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha my FH HATES it but I don't care either way.

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Yes we do have a list. NO rap. PERIOD. We both hate it unless it's old school like Run DMC. No Beyonce' because I don't like her or her music, so "single ladies" will NOT be my bouquet toss song. I'm fine with R & B, blues, country, We mostly want 80's and classic rock. Luckily we went to high school with our DJ. He's excellent

• Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    We do! No Coldplay. I HATE their music, no idea why. It’s really weird but I instantly switch the station if they come on the radio so no thanks to having any of their songs playing at the wedding.
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

Mine list was: No Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce. I can not stand any of them.

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

We definitely have a do not play list!! We like most kinds of music, but there are some specific bands/artists that I cannot stand, and don't want to hear them at my wedding. Example: Taylor Swift, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, etc. We are 80s kids, and love most of the music, but there was a whole trend back then that is awful, including the bands I just named. All other music welcome!!

• Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    • Flag
    Personally the DNP list goes along with maintaining the vision we have for the wedding. I've been to way too many weddings where the DJ was awkward, inappropriate, played songs that were the exact opposite of the bride and groom personality wise, and didn't uphold their wishes. Certain genres or inappropriate selections will be on that list for us.
  • Iris
    Expert May 2019
    Iris ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG! One of my guests specifically requested the chicken dance 🤦‍♀️
  • Lizzy
    Super October 2019
    Lizzy ·
    • Flag
    We will have one because there are a few songs that played a large role in our individual parts we don't want played and I hate certain artists so they won't be played.
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    My only do not play request (as of now) is Ed Sheeran. I don’t care if anyone requests it, hes too overplayed for me. Give me all the 80s music, boybands and country pop. I’ve got an eclectic taste 😂
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    No Taylor swift. At all
  • Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg! it's so interesting hearing how different all of our music tastes are lol! you said no coldplay and someone else said no rap. want to know what I love? Coldplay & rap lol. I'm very eclectic though. I enjoy country, big band jazz, rap, r&b, pop, literally everything! A lot of my friends would add either country or rap too though so I know that is common Smiley tongue

• Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This one I stand by lol

• Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I totally understand and agree. I don't outwardly dislike him but I'm not a huge fan either so I wouldn't even notice or care Smiley tongue. I do like a lot of "overplayed" artists, songs, etc though lol

• Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's understandable. I only had one long term (2 years) ex before him and our song will be blacklisted now that I think about it lol

Comment on this discussion