Lisa
Dedicated July 2020

Did you show him his ring before the big day?

Lisa, on February 13, 2020 at 7:35 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 2 32
Saved
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you showed your man their ring before the wedding? Or if you kept it a surprise.
I'm arguing with myself on this because I want to make sure he likes it and that it's the right size but I also like the idea of it being a surprise.

32 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on February 18, 2020 at 8:58 AM
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    We picked his ring out together because I wanted him to like it and make sure it was the right size.
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

I knew the kind of ring my fiancé wanted BEFORE he proposed to me. Then, after he proposed to me he still talks about the same ring. We ended up looking at wedding rings for both of us a couple months ago and got his ring finger sized since we were there. I always plan ahead so it won't be a surprise when he sees the ring, but it will be the one he wants.

• Sylvie
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sylvie ·
    • Flag
    Good question..... I like the idea of the surprise myself.... let me know?!?🤗
  • Mary
    Savvy December 2021
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    We picked it out together after he proposed to me!
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag

We're picking his ring out together, but we agreed that my inscription would be a surprise. That way, I know that he likes his ring and it fits, but there can still be an element of surprise!

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    We went together because I really wanted to make sure he liked it first. I would hate to find out after the fact that he didn’t like the color or style.
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    We picked our bands out together.
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    We’re picking ours out together!
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    He wanted me to pick out his band on my own, so I did. However, I wanted to make sure it fit, so when it came in, I had him try it on. It’s now living in my jewelry box. You could always have him close his eyes and put it on his finger to make sure it fits if you need to double check the size.
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

YUP he wanted to see what ring he got so I showed him. He's picky about different metals and he is allergic to some. So I had to show him.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    We picked my wife’s band together.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    He picked his out but I engraved is as a surprise
  • ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    • Flag
    We picked both of our wedding bands out together. It was important to us that we both liked the Rings, and thought that they were comfortable since we will be wearing them every day, forever.
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    We will be looking at them together.
  • Lisa
    Dedicated July 2020
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you guys! I decided to let him see it and he loves the ring I picked out. We are going to go look one more time, this time together to make sure this is definitely the one, then my element of surprise will be what I get engraved on it.

• Brittany
    Dedicated June 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    We went together and each picked out our own wedding bands. That way we both had the correct sizes and got exactly what we both wanted.
  • Hallie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Hallie ·
    • Flag
    I picked out the ring on Etsy something simple that I thought he might wear and I ordered a size 13. I knew he didn’t care since he won’t wear it much, but I did show him the ring before hand to make sure it fit. Glad I did because it was almost just a tad too big.
  • K
    Expert October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    We went in and designed his band together but he had the most say in it. My FH is too picky to try and surprise him. My band was custom made to fit my E-ring so he already had my band before he ever proposed to me. We love them both!!
  • A
    Super August 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

Yes he picked out his ring with me.

• Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

He knew what ring I wanted before he proposed so I wanted to make sure he liked his too. He picked it out himself.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics