Nyikee
Expert February 2020

Did you ring the bell at David's Bridal?

Nyikee, on January 21, 2019 at 10:35 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved

When I went to David's bridal and found my dress, it was impromptu and I didn't expect to find the dress. I had gone with a bridesmaid and she said when she got married and found her dress, they had her ring a bell. I decided on the dress that day, but couldn't purchase it. This past weekend I went to a different DB location and tried on the dress again and while I was there I heard the bell my BM was talking about. Neither DB's had me ring a bell. Did I miss out on a big experience? Did you ring their bell?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle K, on February 21, 2019 at 3:22 PM
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Awe! It’s so fun to ring the bell! I’m surprised they did not give it to you when you said it was the one. I would go back Smiley smile

Did you ring the bell at David's Bridal? 1

Did you ring the bell at David's Bridal? 2
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t ring the bell bc I wanted to think about my purchase before I put the money down. I went back the next day to buy the dress. It wasn’t a big deal to me.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I just saw my face in that picture smh pardon the derp look lol
  • Sarah
    Dedicated June 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I bought my dress from DB and never rang a bell. I also went with my friend who bought her dress at a different DB and she didn’t ring a bell. I’ve been in there for multiple weddings as a bridesmaid and I’ve never heard a bell ring so I’m not sure?
  • Nyikee
    Expert February 2020
    Nyikee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That dress is lovely! I'm a little bugged that they didn't offer it to me, especially the second time I went and actually heard other brides ringing the bell. I have a hard time speaking up about things though, so I didn't say anything.

• Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    I rang the bell. You're not missing out on anything. It was so crowded the day I went and I felt really silly attracting all of that attention to myself!

The speech my saleswoman gave beforehand was really sweet though. Hopefully you at least got that!
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s so weird. I would call and ask for a different sales associate. I chose a cheaper dress I didnt love as much before justifying the one I showed a picture of and I rang the Bell then too. I didnt Buy the first one at the time.
  • Nyikee
    Expert February 2020
    Nyikee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No speech, No bell, Just the dress. it was really crowded the day we went and bought the dress, but other brides were doing it too. Maybe I should send an email to the store and mention it so that future brides don't get the same treatment...

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    Yes ma’am. I surely did ring the bell 🔔 & everyone clapped and cheered.
  • Tina
    VIP March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    I bought mine there today and did ring the bell. I was told to make a wish about my wedding before ringing it. I'm sure I was bright red doing it but it was a sweet moment. I'm sorry you missed out on that bridal moment!
    The more I read the more I think there are great David's bridal shops and there are disappointing ones. Write an email! You never know what their response might be!
  • Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    Aww, did your sales associate give you her card? I'd call or send an email. I went last weekend and found my dress and they had a whole little ceremony thing with the bell ring. Goofy and everyone stares at you but I'm cool with that. Pretty surprising since I'd never seen it before and it was crazy crowded.
  • Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think you missed out on a “big experience.” No, I did not ring the bell. I dislike being the center of attention.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is so true!
  • Elisha
    Savvy August 2019
    Elisha ·
    • Flag

I rung the bell and I hated it lol.....You didnt miss anything.

• Nyikee
    Expert February 2020
    Nyikee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm not missing anything but the experience.
  • Ashley1luv3
    Expert May 2019
    Ashley1luv3 ·
    • Flag
    I rang the DB bell and I loved it. It really made me and my girls excited about my decision. I wish I had gotten to the heart tho, I'm obsessed with hearts and would have love to got a pic with it.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No sign? I think the heart is realtivly new. They had two types when I we T.
  • Kim
    Devoted March 2019
    Kim ·
    • Flag
    I didn't ring it, decided the dress I tried on was the one a few days later and since it was discontinued and my correct size wasnt available in the store I ordered it online.
  • C
    Devoted April 2019
    Cheyenne ·
    • Flag
    I bought a dress last year and got no speech, no bell, not even the heart that says I found the dress. Went back last week(to a different location) to buy a different dress and got all of the above.
  • VeeM
    Beginner September 2019
    VeeM ·
    • Flag

I rang the bell at David's Bridal but even if I hadn't I wouldn't have felt like I lost out on an experience.

It made more of a good picture/video moment to the girls who went shopping with time that day.

The saleswoman basically told me to close my eyes and make a wish or think something positive for my wedding. To give myself time to breathe and enjoy the little things with planning. Once I was ready/ done wishing she said to open my eyes and ring the bell.

She was very sweet but had she not done that, I would have still been okay.

What matters is that you find you dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics