Alyssa
Dedicated June 2018

Curvy girl in a mermaid dress ?

Alyssa, on October 23, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 151

I had one of my bridesmaids tell me I shouldn't get the dress I ordered. That it wasn't flattering. My mom and 3 of my bridesmaid loved the dress on me. Feeling a little confused on if I should order a different dress . But I felt so beautiful in the dress when I tried it on. Thoughts on curvy...

I had one of my bridesmaids tell me I shouldn't get the dress I ordered. That it wasn't flattering. My mom and 3 of my bridesmaid loved the dress on me. Feeling a little confused on if I should order a different dress . But I felt so beautiful in the dress when I tried it on. Thoughts on curvy ladies in mermaid dresses?

151 Comments

• Amanda
    Savvy September 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

You look great. What matters is how you feel in the dress.

• M
    Just Said Yes October 2018
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

That dress is MADE for a curvy girl so rock it!!

• christine
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    christine ·
    • Flag

Agreed...you look great! Smiley smile

• Preslee
    Expert May 2019
    Preslee ·
    • Flag

You look absolutely STUNNING

• Alyssa
    Dedicated June 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank You!!
  • Heather
    Devoted June 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

It looks great! What matters most is you felt beautiful in it when you bought it so your friend can keep her opinions to herself!

• Alyssa
    Dedicated June 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Update: my dress came in!!!

That friend is no longer a bridesmaid and we are no longer friends.

She just kept getting worse and worse and said I valued my wedding over our friendship and I didn't take her feelings into consideration about a lot of things dealing with my wedding....

In brighter news I'm so glad I got this dress.

Purchased a different belt and am on the fence about adding the sleeves or not now

Curvy girl in a mermaid dress ? 1
  • Preslee
    Expert May 2019
    Preslee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is so pretty! I think it’s gorgeous strapless.

Sorry to haar about your freind but good for you girl! 💕💕
  • Tashia
    Devoted October 2018
    Tashia ·
    • Flag

I think mermaid style was MADE for curvy figures! You look amazing and if you felt beautiful, that's really all that matters. I, too, seek outside opinions for confirmation, and sometimes listen to too many of them, sometimes. My dad has a very eloquent saying that he enjoys using during these times, and it goes - "opinions are like @**holes, everyone's got one!" You can't please them all! I think your friend may have just been having a bad day the day she made the comment. It really says more about her and where her head's at, rather than how you actually look. PLEASE say you went with the added sleeves, though, cuz that totally adds to the look! Smiley heart Smiley love Beautiful dress!

Edit: Didn't see the update first - CONGRATULATIONS! Good choice on the dress, and the dismissal. GO WITH THE SLEEVES!!!! I love that part! But that's just MY opinion...

• K
    Beginner October 2018
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ummm, this looks GREAT on you!

People have A LOT of opinions, I'm also dealing with that full force from every angle of decision making. Just trust your gut. Whatever you want to do, or feel good in, IS the right decision!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics