Alyssa
Dedicated June 2018

Curvy girl in a mermaid dress ?

Alyssa, on October 23, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 151

I had one of my bridesmaids tell me I shouldn't get the dress I ordered. That it wasn't flattering. My mom and 3 of my bridesmaid loved the dress on me. Feeling a little confused on if I should order a different dress . But I felt so beautiful in the dress when I tried it on. Thoughts on curvy...

I had one of my bridesmaids tell me I shouldn't get the dress I ordered. That it wasn't flattering. My mom and 3 of my bridesmaid loved the dress on me. Feeling a little confused on if I should order a different dress . But I felt so beautiful in the dress when I tried it on. Thoughts on curvy ladies in mermaid dresses?

151 Comments

• D
    Beginner November 2017
    Devyn ·
    • Flag

Your dress is gorgeous! I'm a little curvy and I have a mermaid style dress as well!

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I think it looks beautiful! I am curvy and have a mermaid and I love it because of the way I feel in it. You will be a beautiful bride in that dress!!!

• Jessica
    Super November 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Girl you look stunning. Tell your friend to shove it. Homegirl is jealous.

• L
    Expert April 2018
    lindabelcher ·
    • Flag

GIRL!! YOU ARE WORKING!!! YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! Tell that bridesmaid to shove off

• Cheyenne
    Devoted November 2018
    Cheyenne ·
    • Flag

Girl your curves rock this dress!

• VC
    Super April 2018
    VC ·
    • Flag

That bridesmaid is a jealous bitch. You look AMAZING. Please do not have any regrets! You are rocking that dress!!

• Caitlin
    Dedicated October 2018
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

Honestly I think mermaid dresses are meant for girls with a little somethin somethin. You look awesome and so does your body in that dress! Rock it.

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag

Wtf I feel like mermaids are MADE for curvy girls. Like I'm not "curvy" enough to pull off a mermaid because I don't have HIPS.

That dress looks gorgeous

• N
    Beginner November 2017
    Nina ·
    • Flag

I had a similar issue. One type of mermaid looked awful but a different mermaid looked good on me. Depending on where it hits you. But this dress looks AMAZING on you. Don't doubt yourself. Especially if everyone else loved it.

• Bunnycita
    Super October 2017
    Bunnycita ·
    • Flag

It looks great on you!!

• Shannan
    Dedicated June 2018
    Shannan ·
    • Flag

Honestly I think curvy girls should be the ones to wear mermaids!!!!

• TXBride
    Expert September 2017
    TXBride ·
    • Flag

Yassss, girl, this dress is perfection on you.

• LoveAlwaysWin
    Devoted August 2018
    LoveAlwaysWin ·
    • Flag

I think it looks good on you. If you like the way you feel and look then go for it. Your wearing it not her. My dress is actually a mermaid dress and I love love it.

• L
    Expert April 2018
    lindabelcher ·
    • Flag

I'm commenting AGAIN because you are gorgeous. Tell that girl to F I G H T M E

• Leah
    Dedicated November 2017
    Leah ·
    • Flag

love it! It looks amazing on you!

• kbrands
    Super December 2018
    kbrands ·
    • Flag

You look great! Go with what you like.

• Vicki
    Super August 2017
    Vicki ·
    • Flag

You look amazing, so don't let anyone bring you down. Keep the dress you fell in love with!!

• Lisa
    Super May 2018
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

Shes not wearing the dress, you are. I say rock it!

• stephanie
    Super October 2017
    stephanie ·
    • Flag

I don't really care for mermaid dresses and think they rarely look great on people. Yours looks awesome from the back, but isn't super flattering from the front.

But really, if you love it and feel awesome in it, you shouldn't worry about what I or anyone else says! You are the only one that matters and should wear whatever you feel confident in.

• F
    Devoted December 2018
    FutureMrs.A ·
    • Flag

Seriously - this looks fantastic on you! You have a shape and that's the point of mermaid gowns! It complements your figure perfectly, as if it were made for you. Don't sweat one opinion. Everyone has different taste/style, but if you feel good then enjoy it!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics