Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs.K
VIP June 2017

Childrens meals

Mrs.K, on February 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 190

I am including a small separate enclosure card in the invitations of the few families whose children are invited (family and the flower girl/her brother). They are strictly to inform them that we are providing a childrens meal so that we dont have to add a meal option to all 65 RSVP cards. Would it...

I am including a small separate enclosure card in the invitations of the few families whose children are invited (family and the flower girl/her brother). They are strictly to inform them that we are providing a childrens meal so that we dont have to add a meal option to all 65 RSVP cards. Would it ve okay to just say 'A childrens meal of Chicken Fingers and fries will be provided'. Or should it say something different?

190 Comments

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

• StPaulGal
    Master July 2017
    StPaulGal ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

In what way is it illogical?

-Are the children your guests?

-Is it wrong to single out some guests for better or worse treatment than others?

• Beutivant
    Master May 2016
    Beutivant ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Literally LOLing at St Paul. Thanks for the laugh girl. I've been in a funk all day. That helped.

FFS.

• LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Giving kids a kids meal is "tiering guests"...

• 2B_Mrs.J.T.
    VIP September 2017
    2B_Mrs.J.T. ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Oh my!!! We went all the to the left before going all the way to the right. ETA: yall are making me hungry!

• LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Bummed because I used to think StPaul gave valuable advice. Guess I need to re-evaluate...

• french horse
    Master October 2017
    french horse ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@StPaulGal- okay, let me pretend I'm taking you seriously for a minute.

Sorry, nope, not gonna happen.

• MrsHazel
    VIP February 2017
    MrsHazel ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@StPaulGal - are you kidding? Like, tell me you're kidding. It's not like you're telling them to eat from a fucking horse trough out back.

and as @badger laid out - there are age limits on things for a fucking reason

ETA: I can't get over the fact that @StPaulGal thinks that giving a CHILD a CHILDREN'S MEAL is "giving them worse treatment" than other guests. You've got to be joking.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@StPaul, not that you care, but I normally agree with lots of your posts.

But on this? Sorry girl, but you are so far off, I think you're lost.

• 2B_Mrs.J.T.
    VIP September 2017
    2B_Mrs.J.T. ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I still think different kid meal options are needed. I've known some pretty tall and mature 11-12 year olds.

• StPaulGal
    Master July 2017
    StPaulGal ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

If the chicken fingers will make them happier, that's great! They can select that menu option. But if they want the real food, they should have that option as well. Again, as I said originally, there is nothing wrong with giving someone the option of separate kids' meal. If they want to eat crap and their parents want them to eat crap, go for it.

No 6 year old needs a 3 course meal. But no adult needs a 3 course meal, either. If you are serving a 3 course meal to your guest, though, it should be for all of your guests.

• MrsHazel
    VIP February 2017
    MrsHazel ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@StPaulGal - Who says it's "crap"? I've had some fancy fucking chicken tenders. How do you know they're not baked chicken tenders? Isn't that "healthier"? Just because it's a kids meal doesn't mean it's crap.

I'm not ever going to give a four year old the option between a kids meal or a $40-250 meal. Your idea is wrong.

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

WOW @StPaulGal You took that to an extreme that was not only unnecessary but unrealistic

• french horse
    Master October 2017
    french horse ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm sorry, I'm not paying $185 for a 6-year old to eat 5 bites and then push his plate away. No, it's not happening.

And if I select the chicken fingers option for the kid's meal at our wedding - they're not flash-frozen, fried crap. Hand-breaded, farm-raised, organic chicken breast with pub fries. If the child wants to whine about that, I'm sure there will be many half-tipsy adults who would love to eat it for them.

• MrsHazel
    VIP February 2017
    MrsHazel ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@cheval - I'll take those chicken tenders, damn

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@StPaulGal kids meals exist for a reason. I do not know a single child in my life that would not like chicken fingers. Not one. Oh yeah, I saw my nephew the other night for a get together. He took one bite of his pizza and forgot about it.

Most kids don't like food that isn't "crap."

• H2C17
    Super June 2018
    H2C17 ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Welp..... Guess I like to eat crap.

@SPG you give a 3 course meal to adults because it is a wedding. Do they need it, no, but would you like them to enjoy themselves and be treated specially for a very special day, yes. Do 6 year old and under kids understand and appreciate fully the difference between wedding food and everyday food, no, will they be disappointed they got chicken strips instead of a filet, no; will they enjoy eating their chicken tenders or appropriate substitute, yes, why because they are 3,4,5,6 year olds and dont know the FUCKING difference!

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Damn now I want chicken fingers

• french horse
    Master October 2017
    french horse ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

@Hazel- FH has already told me that he may or may not be eating chicken fingers during the reception. I told him go right ahead but you are not eating that while we're sitting at the sweetheart table eating. You can eat them in private. Away from people. Where I'll have minimal photographic evidence haha

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Hey, I "NEEDS" a 3 course meal! I don't know what you're talking about. lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics