Skip to main content
Anna
Master June 2020

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world?

Anna, on September 26, 2019 at 11:07 AM Posted in Community Conversations 1 57
Saved
Hey Ladies!
I'm about eight months out. It was smooth sailing out of the gate. We got engaged in February, and we booked most of our vendors early on.
We are making payments on the venue and honeymoon, and we have almost all of the 15k budget in our savings account.

I've run the gamut on every emotion possible! Ha ha . Super excited and now the stress has slowly started to creep into eveyday life.

I lost my Mama two years ago, I'm worried that my wedding won't be as nice, as she would have done. But, I'm forging ahead anyway.

I'm doing my own silk flowers and I can't wait to get started.
I have started dreaming about the wedding, but so far no nightmares.

I need a little happy distraction, so please let me know where you are in the process and how you are handling things.

Feel free to share anything picture wise, I'd love to see them❤

For the brides that have gone before me, thanks for the inspiration. For the newly engaged , and brides after me...hang in there! We can do this!😘

57 Comments

Latest activity by Anna, on September 29, 2019 at 9:22 AM
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

2 weeks to go!!! We have nothing but little things now. I need to paint a frame for the selfie station area and put my vows in my book this weekend. I need to get my dress pressed but we finally have all the attire now. Our sons will both be with us all week which is just the best feeling right now. The last of our online orders arrived and I now have to go through Mt Wedding Stuff in our spare room to organize it all. Hair appointments made, nails to be scheduled this week. The stress has been high but I'm getting a chance to recharge before the big day and I can't wait!!!!

• W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag

We're two weeks out and all vendors (restaurant, photographer) are booked and paid for.

Silk flowers are created and sitting on my table.

All attire except for mine is finalized.

Groom's ring is picked up, mine is ready to be picked up.

Premarital counseling is completed.

Currently finalizing day of timeline, writing vows, finalizing guest list. I'll get a hair trim this weekend and I'm debating if I'm going to get my nails did or not. Rehearsal is on 10/9 and I'm trying to find a way to keep my parents separated from each other.

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg!
    That's fantastic! You are so close! You are so organized!
    So happy that both of your sons will be there! Soak up that special time together. Make lots of memories
    I'm looking forward to your pictures!
    Your excitement is contagious!
    Woo hoo! So happy for you both!!!!
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your dress will work out , I'm sure if it! Yes! You need to get your nails done. All brides deserve pampering!
    I'd just let your parents be, you have enough on your plate. They both love you. I'm guessing they can put aside their differences for your big day!
    Congratulations!
    Send me pics of your dress without the shrug. It will be fine! I promise!
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I am a past bride but just wanted to say best of luck to you, everything is going to come together well - have faith that it will Smiley smile

• Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much. It feels like a whirlwind right now.

• Amanduh
    Devoted January 2019
    Amanduh ·
    • Flag

Your mom is watching over you so proud. And she will be there with you on our special day. I'm sure it will be lovely.

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I really needed to hear that today! More than you know! I appreciate your kind words so much!❤
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! You made me cry! I really appreciate the encouragement❤
  • Anna
    Savvy March 2023
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I JUST got engaged so I'm in the very beginning stages of planning. What colors do I want, looking at venues, starting my guest list that sort of stuff! My wedding wont be for a couple of years but I just couldn't wait to get started!! Best of luck to you! ❤
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

We're still a little ways away, sadly. We got the venue, DJ, photo/video, hotel block and honeymoon booked. Looking into talking to a florist next. My dress is in production right now (getting it custom made) and we got our rings picked out!

VENUE:

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 1

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 2

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 3

DRESS:

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 4

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 5

RINGS:

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 6

Checking in on all. How is it going , in your wedding world? 7

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey Anna!
    I was the same way! I don't blame you, at all.
    Let the momentum from the excitement carry you.... you will get alot done that way!

I too, am a planner! The planning process, is part of the fun! I say, it's never too early to plan❤
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow!!!!
    I love, love, love it! You have done a fantastic job so far!!!!
    Love the rings!
    Can't wait to see your wedding pictures!
    Woo hoo!
    Good job❤
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! It's definitely a hassle and yet I still feel like I'm so far behind.

• Susan
    Devoted October 2021
    Susan ·
    • Flag

I'm also about 8 months out! We have our venue and officiant booked. We have an appointment with a photographer. I have my dress, shoes, headwear, and he has his suit. We have our rings. We've started collecting the stuff for our centerpieces, to honor my mom who is too sick to attend, and all the kids participating are lined up (no grown up bridal party for me! Don't need the stress and drama!) I am most stressed out about writing our own vows. FH wants to write them, so I've agreed, but I'm sure it's going to be a hot mess because I'm not all mushy and romantic like he is. No nightmares yet from me, but he has been having them! The other night he dreamed he was an international hitman. So I told him when he comes into the wedding, we'll play the Mission Impossible theme Smiley smile

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm proud of you. Seeing what you have accomplished, has calmed me right downSmiley smile
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg! What a dream! Haha ! I love the tie in to the wedding! Like an inside joke, for the two of you, when the music plays! Genius!

My wedding party will be drama free, just my besties and my bonus daughter.

We are writing our vows too...we started on them right away for some reason.
    I'm fairly uncomfortable, speaking in front of others, so we will see. I am an ugly crier! I may have to go first, because hes not mushy , but I'm sure it will be sweet.

Please, please, please video his entrance if you use mission impossible! I just love that! I really do!
    It's awesome to have a sense of humor, it totally destressed me for some reason!
    Thank you! ❤
  • L. Thomson
    Expert October 2020
    L. Thomson ·
    • Flag
    I have about 51% purchased for the wedding. Next month I will be able to rent my ceremony venue. I've been working on my diy projects. I'm loving the progress but had some anxiety. I admit though, occasionally I will have nightmares, but not about my fiance. He is absolutely wonderful and we have been together for 6 years. This will be my second marriage. My first was awful. He was very abusive and a serial cheater. In my nightmares, I've had nightmares about my exhusband.
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Don't worry! It's just your subconscious working through your past.
    So glad you found happiness!
    You deserve it! I'm proud of you!!!
    It isn't easy to love again, after all you went through!
    Congratulations! Keep me posted!
  • Eyonna
    Devoted May 2021
    Eyonna ·
    • Flag

I am pretty far out but we have our venue booked. I've started looking at inspiration (created a vision board) and have ideas. I'm pretty organized so far...next month I am going to start looking at vendors (florist and photographer) to get an idea on pricing and packages. I have ideas for save the dates and invitations as well. My venue is all inclusive with food and cake so that will be taken care of about 7 months before the wedding date. I'm in a good place, looking for my dress is going to be the biggest challenge...I'm very picky.

My condolences regarding your mama! She will be right there with you every step of the way, definitely not the same as her physically being there but she will be there. My FH's mom passed away 3 years ago and I know it will be a tough day for him as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics