Callie
Dedicated April 2018

Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself!

Callie, on June 12, 2018 at 6:01 PM Posted in Married Life 0 32
Saved Save

Oh man where do I start?! We were married on April 29, 2018 in Corona California at the Green River Golf Club! The colors were mint and gold and the theme was art nouveau and dragonflies. It was truly the best day ever! Here is the play by play with pictures and videos! Strap in and enjoy!!

ADVICE: Plan aaaall you want leading up to the wedding. Be the bridezilla you want to be, BUT when that day comes....let it ALL go! Make a commitment to not be a bridezilla on the day. If something was going completely wrong, or just not as planned, I would ask myself one question: "Will I still be married at the end of the day? Yes? Well, then I don't give a flying you-know-what about it!" And ya know what? That attitude alone saved the day! List of things that technically went wrong (what you don't see in the pics): The entire second floor of our hotel got flooded so the fire alarm was going off and they shut off the water, my hairdresser was 2 hours late (not her fault), which made us late to the ceremony, which gave us no time for all the pictures we wanted at the hotel or during cocktail hour, our favors were never set out, 10 confirmed guests never showed up, one guest showed up uninvited, I got terrible mic feedback during a special moment, a train went by right as the ceremony was starting, some of our best friends ditched the reception super early just to go see a movie, and by 8pm we were down to only 10% of our guests left (most of our guests were 50+ so i get it) , forcing us to end the night early and cancel the send off. But despite all of that, I still look back and see a PERFECT day because I carried that no effs given attitude the entire time and stayed focused on what was important, my new husband!

Anyhow, on to the pics!!!

First off, during the week leading up to the wedding, I sent my FH teaser gifs each day to build anticipation. Go ahead and take a moment to check out my other post to see them. You won't regret it!

Me and my girls stayed the night in a hotel the night before so that we had a space to get ready in the morning.

We had some lovely drinks!undefined

I bought each girl a robe in her favorite color... (sorry for the black and white pics)undefined

...and had all of our names printed on them!undefined

Even my flower girl got her own little robe!! ^.^undefined

My friend did all of our makeup.undefined

We had a great time!undefined

...a REALLY great time! lolundefined

My mom getting her hair done. (she wore a baby picture of me for the wedding)undefined

The kimono my mom wore to the wedding. It's a gorgeous hand beaded print of an Alphonse Mucha painting to go with my theme. It came from wendybalisle on Etsy. (the dress shes wearing in the pic above was just for the morning) undefined

Obligatory detail pics! undefined

^^^Those are theatrical character dance shoes by the way. HIGHLY recommended for wedding shoes! My feet never hurt once the whole day....and as a plus size girl my feet always hurt.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress!!undefinedThe ring box. You can't see it but the lid has a brass dragonfly on it.undefinedMy jewelry that one of my bridesmaids handmade for me!!undefinedMy hair pin!undefined

My bouquet. I made a memory chain for my grandpa (I called him BOP. We were crazy close) who literally just passed before Christmas and wanted sooo badly to be at the wedding. In addition to the picture of him and me, I incorporated charms to represent him. There's a globe for his travels, a fish for his favorite hobby, a penny that has BOP engraved on it (I wish my photographer turned it around so you could see it!), an anchor for his time serving in the navy, and a toolbox for being the ultimate mr. fix-it / santa!

undefined

Finally got to put on my dress and lipstick!!undefined

Mom tying my corset back...undefinedPutting on my shoes...undefinedthen the veil...undefinedand of course the jewelry...undefinedundefinedundefined

Our Welcome sign... It's a picture frame with fabric in it and gold letter stickers on top of the glass.undefinedGuest book tableundefined

Each guest signed a green index card that I corner punched a pretty design. We used diamond pens and a beautiful glass box from target. We plan to use the cards in a scrapbook. The welcome sign was moved here after the ceremony. The art nouvea statue and clock were Christmas gifts from my husband years ago. I bought the mirrors at a thrift store and put gold letter stickers on them.

Seating Chart that I madeundefinedA picture from our photoboothundefined

Tables and centerpiecesundefinedcenterpiece closeup after I had finished making one. 9" vase from dollar tree, clear printed sticker, battery tealight, flower candle ring from my florist, computer paper insert for opaqueness.undefinedOne of our favors (that never got put out because mom, in her infinite wisdom but them in a pretty box with a bow so the staff thought it was a gift and put it on the gift table)undefined

Sweetheart table hand painted/ guilded the mr & mrs signundefined

the cakeundefined

Husband bought this for me after proposing to me at the grand opening of Shanghai Disneyland.undefinedOMG I freaking Loooove our cake!!undefinedcustom engraved serving set. Server says ABC April 29, 2018. Knife says "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck" (our song)undefined

prepping for first look with dadundefinedHe read my card while a waited behind him in the entrywayundefinedCue the tears!undefinedThis is also a really good room overview picundefinedHe's still cryingundefinedLooking down at the ceremony space waiting to go get married...undefined

Decided to ditch the veil at the VERY last second before going out because of the wind. It was just stressing me out too much and I didn't want to be worried about it the whole time...

So it begins.... wedding party entered to "Dearly Beloved" from Kingdom Heartsundefined^^^best friend since 7th grade (PS We had no maid of honor or best man. We saw no need. We love them all! NO favorites, no fuss, no drama!)undefined^^^my BIG (Sorority sister)undefined^^^Best friend from my and my husband's mutual friend group "the geek squad"undefined^^^My new sister in lawundefined^^^Step sisterundefined^^^Ring Bearerundefined^^^Flower Girl

My husband watching me come down the stairs...undefinedMy grand entrance...undefined

Here comes the brideundefinedI walked down to an instrumental of "True colors" from Trolls.undefinedso excited!undefined

God I love him!undefinedundefined

My dad was also the officiant. He's a big jokester. Here's how he kicked off the ceremony!

(the title got repeated somehow and it won't let me erase it>>>>Smiley winking Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself!

Mom looking on...undefinedTwo of our bestest friends doing a reading. (they just celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary 2 days earlier)undefinedMe being a hot mess and crying during vowsundefinedWe did a sand ceremony into an hourglass.undefinedWe used the song "KIndle My Heart" from A Little PrincessundefinedWe got our hourglass from Oriental Trading Company. It was only . It was the perfect size and even came with free engraving!! Here it is on their website. undefinedTrue Love's Kiss Smiley heart undefinedDancing back down the isle. He just had to spin me.! lolundefinedWe danced out to Natalie Cole's "This Will Be"undefinedOMG! We're Married!undefinedundefined

Formal shotsundefinedundefinedundefined

Mr. and Mrs. Andrew and Callie Buchanan!!!!!!undefinedOur first dance. We danced to "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck" performed by Johnny Desmond and Dorothy Collins. We first met at a swing dance club so it had to be swing. We also ALWAYS randomly sing it to each other so it was the perfect choice!undefined

undefined

Next, was the father daughter dance. We danced to "Just Fishin'" by Trace Adkins This song is very special to me and my dad. He used to always take me fishing as a little girl. When I was a baby, my first gift was a teeny tiny pink fishing rod. When the dance started, he surprised me with a "big girl" version. I had NO clue he was going to do that. All the memories came flooding back and I guess it just broke me.

this is what happens when you don't give a title for the video. It uses the title of the post>>>Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself!

undefinedundefinedundefined

Our Pastor saying grace before dinner.undefinedWe finally got to sit down!undefinedGuest photo and still one of my favesundefinedMy BIG giving a toast. (all the Disney references! lol)undefinedHere, here! (also really good photo of my table decor!)undefined

I stood up and gave a speech of my own...undefined

As part of my "speech" I surprised my new husband with a song! At the point when the recording starts the DJ had just told me I was standing too close to the speakers and it was causing feedback. So that's why you see me scurrying to the other side in the beginning.

Anyways, this is "Someone Like you" from Jekyll and Hyde the musical, but I changed the tenses of the lyrics.

i wish i could erase this title but it won't let me! I can only ADD words not take them away>>>>Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself!

Cake Time!! Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 1Seriously, this is the best cake ever from Tasteful Cakes in Corona, CA! (David Tutera used them alot. I can see why!) Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 2

Dance! Dance! Dance!Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 3Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 4Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 5Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 6Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 7Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 8You just have to do Cha Cha Slide! It's wedding law! lolBoom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 9How low can you go? Can you go down low? All the way to the floor?Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 10Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 11"I got chiiiiilllzz! They're multiplyin'!"Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 12Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 13Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 14Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 15Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 16Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 17Last dance: "At the Beginning with You" from AnastasiaBoom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 18

Like I said, we were down to like 15 people by 8pm so we told the DJ to just play the last song and cancel the grand exit and call it a night. But, he wasn't having any of it! Even if it wasn't the grand glow stick exit we planned, he made the announcement and insisted that everyone there still make an exit arch for us. It ended up actually being really sweet. It was a tight squeeze but it was still nice and a great way to end the night!Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 19Boom bam Baby! Pictures and videos! Omg! Soooo many! Prepare yourself! 20

BEST DAY EVER!!!Smiley love

Vendor list:

Venue: The Veranda at Green River Golf Club in Corona, CA

Food: Venue

DJ: Active Sounds INC (through venue)

Photography and photobooth service: Eric Lopez Photography

Cake: Tasteful Cakes (through venue)

Officiant: FOB

Dress: David's Bridal

Flowers: Created By Me Designs - Etsy (seriously you won't find a better price/quality ANYWHERE! So happy I found Sherri! She is amazing to work with!)

Decorations: all DIY (ceiling drapes and lighting was part of venue as was the pipe and drape behind the sweetheart tabel, but the table's green lace and decor was DIY)

Bridesmaids dresses and robes: Ridthising - Etsy (This man is fantastic to work with too! Infinity dresses are sooo the way to go!!! Great price and flexibility in style! So pretty!)

Robe names: local screen printing shop

I've probably forgot a couple of things. Just ask. lol

Well, that's about it. Hope you enjoyed!! If you have any questions, I'd be HAPPY to answer!! Cheers to all you future brides out there!!

32 Comments

• Lesly
    Expert February 2019
    Lesly ·
    • Flag
    So beautiful! Love your colors! You guys look like you had a blast!
  • Kaylan
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kaylan ·
    • Flag
    Congratultions!! Everything looks amazing. I am so glad you were able to get past everything that happened and have a great time!!
  • H
    Devoted June 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Wow! Looks like an amazing day and a great time! Congratulations and thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to look I to those infinity dress!!!
  • Future mrs.whitman
    Devoted October 2018
    Future mrs.whitman ·
    • Flag
    Omg sooooo beautiful!!!! Congratulations
  • amandaaok
    VIP June 2018
    amandaaok ·
    • Flag
    Congrats loved the art deco touches! You look gorgeous and so happy Smiley smile
    (And I know I poo-poo'd the singing bit, still as a fellow singer my personal preference is no performance...BUT, I wanted to say you have a lovely voice Smiley heart also I'd never heard that song before, it's beautiful.)
  • Jessie
    Devoted June 2018
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    Love the picture overload! I love your colors. And your jewelry is so beautiful!
  • Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    I LOVE THIS! i totally teared up looking at this! You look so happy 💕 congrats!
  • Kelly
    Devoted September 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    You look amazing omg your makeup yesss! Also love your song choices, Kingdom Hearts is my favorite!!!! Beautiful dress colors, very unique and amazing seat chart!!! Love it. So glad you had a great wedding!
  • queenbee
    VIP October 2018
    queenbee ·
    • Flag
    You look GORGEOUS!! I totally love your colors and theme, and all your decor! Congratulations! Your photos are so beautiful 😊
  • Leah
    Dedicated April 2019
    Leah ·
    • Flag
    Your day looks perfect! Your pictures are phenomenal and you look gorgeous. Those colors do so well together. Everyone looks so happy! Congratulations!!!
  • Tara
    Master September 2018
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful! Congrats!
  • Becca
    Expert October 2018
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations! You all look so happy and everyone looks like they’re having a blast!
  • A
    Devoted October 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Looks like it was an incredible day, so happy for you. Congrats!
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag
    I love your jewelry! Dragonflies are my favorite!
  • C
    Devoted September 2018
    Chrissyboo0 ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations!! Everything looks so amazing and the colors are so beautiful!!
  • Swtnss238
    VIP May 2019
    Swtnss238 ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations!!! Everything looked lovely.
  • J
    Just Said Yes March 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Aww congratulations it was amazing!
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    Omg this is like my dream wedding theme! It’s so beautiful and you look amazing! Congratulations!
  • Runawaygirl
    Dedicated October 2018
    Runawaygirl ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful congrats!!
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag

I am in love with your pictures! Congratulations to you and your husband Smiley smile Everyone and everything looked so beautiful! And thank you so much for posting advice; it's always nice to hear brides who have had their special day on how it went and what they experienced!

Comment on this discussion