We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jenn B
Master September 2015

Bookit.com - am i missing something?

Jenn B, on January 29, 2015 at 4:08 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 18
Saved Save

So, we've been trying to plan our Honeymoon- and love Excellence: Playa Mujeres. When I did a quote for 7 nights plus air on the excellence site it comes to around 2800. Well, I typed in Playa Mujeres in google- to see if that was the best hotel choice and bookit.com came up. I just quoted 7 nights air and it's saying $1443.00

Am I missing something?

18 Comments

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

The flights....sometimes that's how they get you. You don't want to be on a flight that will take 800 hours to get to the destination.

• Megan Smith
    May 2020
    Megan Smith ·
    • Flag

I booked with them once, and then had to adjust my trip by one day. I spent hours on the phone and it cost a lot of money to make the change. The morning of the trip, I called the hotel directly to confirm our reservation and bookit.com had cancelled the entire reservation. I spent even more time on the phone with them trying to get it fixed. Eventually, they did fix the issue but it was a huge hassle.

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

Looks like 6 hours of travel time. Hmm. I'm wondering If i care that much- to get it so much cheaper!

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

Jenn is that for a 2 story suite? This is where we want to go and I was getting like 3200 for 7 nights in and that didn't include air. Pretty sure I'm going to go through a travel agent but I'm interested to see if there is some catch to this bookit.

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

Elyse- it's for a swim up suite. Seems to good to be true- check it out.

If this is legit- i'll be so excited!

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

Elyse- says $1885 for a two story suite!!

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

Gahhhh someone else please weigh in here! lol Megan's experience has me worried.

• Samantha
    Master May 2013
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Are you sure it's not $1400 per guest?

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

Let me try it.....

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

The price is per guest...

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh.. i'm an IDIOT!

Yes, Samantha- it's per guest. Still cheaper than the resort's site.. but holy blonde moment.

Sorry for the false excitement Elyse!

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh.. i'm an IDIOT!

Yes, Samantha- it's per guest. Still cheaper than the resort's site.. but holy blonde moment.

Sorry for the false excitement Elyse!

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

Hahahah no problem!

• NaShara and Milton
    VIP May 2015
    NaShara and Milton ·
    • Flag

We are going through a travel agent. We are going for 5 days. But for the huge Honeymoon suite we are spending about $3000 (total) before travel insurance. It's absolutely gorg. I can't wait.

• Laura
    Master October 2015
    Laura ·
    • Flag

^^ does that include your airfare NaShara? From where??

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

I see you figured out your pricing question Smiley smile

We're working with a travel agent and have been REALLY happy so far! He's given us great professional advice and recommendations. Non-stop flights, all our transfers to/from the airport (including here in the states), taxes, gratuities, and of course hotel are included in our price. Travel agents do not cost you a DIME to use!

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Me and 6 other people used Bookit for our spring break trip about 5 years ago to Mexico. Other than ME losing an important piece of paper, the traveling and accommodations went off without a hitch.

• bridetobe27
    Dedicated July 2015
    bridetobe27 ·
    • Flag

We ended up booking EPM a few days ago through a travel agent! She was quoting us 1,000 more than the hotel website initially but she was willing to price match. We had a 6 hour flight time too!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles