Sunshine92
Savvy June 2020

Best wedding website? Most affordable?

Sunshine92, on January 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 5
Saved Save
I see all these companies that are available for wedding websites but I’m not sure which is the best to use. Ideally, my fiancé and I would like to use our website to save on expensive reception invitations since were having a destination wedding ceremony. What else do people use their site for??

5 Comments

• LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·

A wedding website isn't in lieu of invitations, it's additional information. You use it to tell guests what hotels are in the area, if there are any shuttles they need to be aware of, registry information, etc.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

I'm using The Knot, it's free. I'm using it for RSVPs, but we are still sending out invites. I guess you could avoid insert cards or thicker envelopes with a website, but I'd still send invites.

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·

I'm using Zola and it is also free. I sent out actual invites and gave my guests the option to rsvp online. I provided more extensive info on the wedding, a FAQ page to answer additional questions. It kind of just gives people more insight as you as a couple and updates on the wedding

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    I have heard you get a discount for using the minted website. But I have a Zola website and I am in love with it.
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·

We use Wix. Pretty much any wedding website you use will be free, the only cost will be if you want a custom domain name. Like others have said, a website really isn't intended to replace invitations, but we are doing an only RSVP so that is saving us a bunch on stamps. We're still including an RSVP card (it directs to the website) but removing that is another way to shave some costs off of the invitations.

Comment on this discussion