Isabella
Savvy May 2020

At Home Wedding/virtual Wedding?

Isabella, on April 16, 2020 at 3:06 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are set to get married 5/16/2020 and needless to say our plans have changed drastically. Unfortunately we are not in a position to postpone so we are planning on having a ceremony with just our family - most likely in our home - followed by a bit of dinner and cake. We managed to find a clerk office that will issue us a marriage license so we have the legal bit figured out. My question is if any other brides out there have had a ceremony at home/are planning to and what they did to make it feel special. I am really wanting it to still feel like our wedding that we planned for so long however with everything changing I'm at a loss in terms of ideas for decorating/set up/planning. Any ideas/pictures would be greatly appreciated!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Isabella, on April 20, 2020 at 2:30 PM
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag

I am also curious about this. We are postponing to August but having a microwedding on may 23rd (our original date).

• Isabella
    Savvy May 2020
    Isabella ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Chantal! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Are you planning on having the micro wedding at home? What do you guys have in mind?
  • Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina ·
    • Flag

Hi Isabella,

I'm so sorry your plans have changed. It's very proactive to start thinking about your options now! Based on the discussions I'm seeing, couples are doing MANY different things when it comes to Plan B. Here are some links to ongoing conversations:

- Ideas in Place of a Reception- Ceremony now, party laterOr, here are some May brides who decided to postpone their weddings:- May Wedding Postponed.- Postponed our May wedding - the original post is about having a small ceremony in May and rescheduling for AugustLastly, WeddingWire has created resources that may be helpful as you navigate the planning process during this unprecedented time: Our COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide.Good luck! qHs550W28s1cG0Gdy0hpUmmchDsTGDSuUGx2F0Zp
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We are having the micro wedding on our original date (5/23) at the original venue, since it's his family's privately owned property. We're going to have our parents and sibling, one life-long friend each, and potentially one pair of grandparents each if we feel it's safe for them to come out (and make sure they keep their six feet of distance). I'm trying to figure out exactly what the mini reception will be like without toasts and whatnot, but we're going to have a meal. What have you figured out so far? Smiley smile (Also feel free to PM me!)

• Isabella
    Savvy May 2020
    Isabella ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So far we are thinking to fix up our backyard patio to use as a ceremony site. My dad has been building an apartment for us so we may have dinner in there. We want to still have our first dance and cutting the cake. We’re thinking it’s going to be very relaxed, but still with the most sentimental elements for us. Thankfully our photographer is still willing to be there! I am at a loss for decorations though and how to set things up. Hopefully I can come up with something. I’m still working on all the reception plans - though was thinking of busting out some card games. I found one called Cads About Matrimony that’s like Cards Against Humanity but a wedding version

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics