We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelsi
Expert June 2020

Are You Feeding Your Bridal Party While Getting Ready?

Kelsi, on February 7, 2020 at 5:07 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 1 25
Saved Save

We will be feeding our bridal party when getting ready. But I am just curious as to what everyone is planning to feed them! For the girls, we start getting ready at 9:30 so I was going to buy them their favorite coffee shop drinks then have food around 12:00/12:30. BUT I know myself and I definitely don't want to be eating anything heavy. I was looking at Panera and considered soups and salads but with our makeup being done, I was leaning more toward their fruit and pastry assortment. Is that not enough? I personally eat a lot less than most people so for me, fruit and pastries would be enough but I'm not sure if that's filling. But then I don't want people to feel bloated and gross. So...if you're feeding your bridal party, what are you feeding them?!

25 Comments

Latest activity by MrsD, on February 10, 2020 at 12:58 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn
    • Flag

I would definitely offer something with more protein for lunch. Carbs won't keep people full until dinner. Eating sandwiches, wraps, or salads won't mess up their makeup as long as they apply or reapply their lipstick after.

• Givemeallthepups
    Expert February 2020
    Givemeallthepups
    • Flag
    I would maybe add in a sandwich tray or salad. Fruit and pastries is really just a bunch of sugar.
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    Yes! Probably having McAllisters picked up...our flower girls dad (my cousin) offered to pick up lunch if we give him the address and $ 馃槀
  • Samantha
    Devoted July 2020
    Samantha
    • Flag

I didn't even think about this! I'll probably try to think of something. Maybe Subway? Or something easy and not too messy. I was planning on Mimosas, though. And water, obviously.

• Nicole
    VIP September 2020
    Nicole
    • Flag

For my sister's wedding this past October, the guys actually made us eggs and bacon (her wedding was at 1 PM and all of the wedding party stayed on site at the venue in two separate structures). We also had cheese, meat, and crackers as a snack as it got closer to 1. For my wedding, I plan on bringing in some sort of lunch: sandwiches, salads with protein, etc. I typically eat a ton of protein on a daily basis, so whatever I will be providing will be centered around protein to make sure everyone has enough energy and is satisfied throughout the day.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly
    • Flag
    We provided breakfast and lunch. We started hair and makeup at like 7am so I wanted to provide both meals. Also as someone who has been a bridesmaid a million times I hate when the bride only provides small snacks because she doesn鈥檛 want to eat a heavy meal. It鈥檚 a long day and it鈥檚 fine if you don鈥檛 want to eat but your girls need energy and real food! I would be frustrated and probably order in a sandwich.
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S
    • Flag
    I had mimosas, water, fruit, croissants, cookies and a meat and cheese tray. My girls picked at it but didn鈥檛 eat very much.
  • Ellen
    Dedicated September 2020
    Ellen
    • Flag
    Champagne, juice, water, coffee, breakfast tacos & burritos & fruit!
  • Allyson
    Devoted February 2020
    Allyson
    • Flag
    I was gonna do mimosas, coffee and a big fruit bowl in the morning time, then jimmy johns for lunch!
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag

Water, champagne and thinking a charcuterie board or fruit and cheese. Something hand held to snack on. I think any kind of non greasy finger food would be awesome. You all could do breakfast out before hand then finger food to get ready.

• Jess
    Expert October 2019
    Jess
    • Flag
    We did costco Crossiant sandwich trays and their wrap trays as well! We got bottled water and small single serving bags of chips and it went perfectly and was a huge hit
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor
    • Flag
    I thankfully have a ton of very supportive ladies in my bridal party! My sister is my matron if honor but lives overseas so she won鈥檛 be able to attend my bach party. Because of this, my fsil (bridesmaid) offered to take care of that. My sister wants to throw me a bridal shower a little closer to the wedding when she鈥檚 in town and my maid of honor asked if she could do brunch the morning of for everyone! We鈥檒l start hair/makeup around 9:00. I鈥檒l get some light sandwiches, probably Jimmy Johns or HEB, for lunch because our wedding is pretty late and I don鈥檛 want anyone to go hungry!
  • Jasmine
    Dedicated July 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag
    I was in a wedding where my friend provided us breakfast, but by the time the afternoon came around I was starving. All she had was fruit trays and little snacks. For my wedding, I wanted to cater in Chick-fil-a nuggets/strips and some chicken wraps. I just remembered how starving I was at my friend鈥檚 and decided I didn鈥檛 want that for my wedding!
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole
    • Flag
    I was just thinking of having fruit, snacks, sandwiches and mimosas, nothing too heavy but enough to hold them down until cocktail hour. I鈥檝e heard a lot of stories of BM fainting at weddings because they didn鈥檛 eat or were dehydrated, something to think about too if your wedding is during summer and it鈥檚 hot out.
  • S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara
    • Flag
    We did breakfast and lunch for the girls (since we started earlier) and lunch for the guys. We knew there would be mimosas/pregaming and lots of drinking later with the open bar so we wanted to make sure everyone got their carb fix lol. We had coffee and bagels from Panera and my MIL brought a fruit tray. Then for lunch we had subs for the guys and wraps for the girls (easier to eat with a face full of makeup) from wegmans (local grocery store). Everything was delivered to the hotel and worth every penny! I feel like if you鈥檙e asking people to spend the whole day getting ready and doing wedding stuff it鈥檚 important to take care of them and feed them. Personally I鈥檓 someone who needs to eat lol so I knew if I were on the other side of the bridal party I鈥檇 wanna make sure I didn鈥檛 starve
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag
    We had breakfast quiche for breakfast along with coffees and mimosa. For lunch, we had chicken salad sandwiches, a charcuterie tray, and a few other munchies with some wine & beer options. I was so caught up in the day, I could barely eat anything 馃ぃ. Everyone else was full.
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jennifer
    • Flag
    We are going for breakfast before hair and make up starts. I鈥檒l have fruits and veggies on hand while we are getting ready and sandwiches of some kind delivered to the hotel for lunch.
  • A
    Super August 2020
    Alex
    • Flag

Yes yes yes! I am feeding everyone as much as I can the whole weekend. It is super easy to get caught up in events and forget/not have time to eat. We will be having a lot of alcohol available, so food is a necessity. I wouldn't worry about people getting too full or bloated. They are adults and can regulate that for themselves.

I think Panera is a good idea, but I would get salads and/or sandwiches. Not just pastries and fruit. I went to one and they did wraps, which were less messy and easy to eat.

• Renay
    Devoted April 2020
    Renay
    • Flag
    We are doing breakfast and lunch!
    Our ceremony is at 2:30 and our day starts at the venue by 9. I plan on having coffee, quiche, fruit, and maybe some donuts laying around when they get there. The guys aren't arriving until 12 and they will bring lunch with them. We are doing sandwiches and chips.
  • Helena
    Dedicated October 2021
    Helena
    • Flag
    We're at a bed and breakfast the whole weekend so breakfast will be provided. We also have a smaller farmhouse on site with a few rooms and fully decked out kitchen. We're going to put snacks, water and platters in there for everyone to have access to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics