We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelsi
Expert June 2020

Are You Feeding Your Bridal Party While Getting Ready?

Kelsi, on February 7, 2020 at 5:07 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 25

We will be feeding our bridal party when getting ready. But I am just curious as to what everyone is planning to feed them! For the girls, we start getting ready at 9:30 so I was going to buy them their favorite coffee shop drinks then have food around 12:00/12:30. BUT I know myself and I definitely...

We will be feeding our bridal party when getting ready. But I am just curious as to what everyone is planning to feed them! For the girls, we start getting ready at 9:30 so I was going to buy them their favorite coffee shop drinks then have food around 12:00/12:30. BUT I know myself and I definitely don't want to be eating anything heavy. I was looking at Panera and considered soups and salads but with our makeup being done, I was leaning more toward their fruit and pastry assortment. Is that not enough? I personally eat a lot less than most people so for me, fruit and pastries would be enough but I'm not sure if that's filling. But then I don't want people to feel bloated and gross. So...if you're feeding your bridal party, what are you feeding them?!

25 Comments

• Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

Yes! We're getting Chick-fil-a. I'm not getting married until 4pm and aren't arriving at the venue until 2pm, so we're having Chick-fil-a picked up around 11:30 for us.

• marjifarah
    Dedicated September 2020
    marjifarah ·
    • Flag

I think having food for the bridal party is a great idea, but maybe instead of a meal have finger foods and nothing that makes you bloated, I wouldn't want my guests to feel bloated and heavy before partying. I think fruit platter, veggie platter, and maybe protein foods?

• Jamie
    Savvy November 2021
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    Wow I have not thought about this!! What a great question! I know I’m getting my drink on for sure but sandwiches sound easy and not messy
  • Elyse
    Beginner June 2021
    Elyse ·
    • Flag
    Great question! I honestly thought maybe just going out to breakfast like ihop or the bagel factory we have here would be something good for my girls. My wedding isn’t until 430pm because of the heat index so i thought maybe a big breakfast should keep everyone nice and full and then just bring little snacks to the venue until it’s time. I know for me if i eat a breakfast sandwich I’ll be good until about 3. But now i may have to think of something else lol
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We did Panera catering. For breakfast, we had a large fruit tray and bagels and pastries. Then for lunch, eat girl picked their own "lunch box". I'd be STARVING if all I got was fruit from 9:30-12:30 (then the additional time for pictures & ceremony before food is even served). In my opinion, there is nothing worse than having bridesmaids & groomsmen be hungry. My husband agrees with me on this because we have both experienced being bridesmaids & groomsmen when very minimal food was provided so we felt exhausted until we finally got food at the reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics