cswezey
Dedicated October 2010

Anyone want a female yorkie?

cswezey, on August 14, 2010 at 1:53 AM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved

I was going to have her as a part of my wedding but my other 2 dogs dont get along with her so now i cant keep her Smiley sad

25 Comments

Latest activity by Jack, on May 20, 2019 at 2:31 AM
  • cswezey
    Dedicated October 2010
    cswezey ·
    • Flag

Seriously Celeste?

• MrsJohnson2B
    Dedicated July 2014
    MrsJohnson2B ·
    • Flag

I do!!!!

• Bright Eyes
    Master August 2012
    Bright Eyes ·
    • Flag

How old is she? And are you trying to sell her or give her away? If selling, how much do you want for her?

• cswezey
    Dedicated October 2010
    cswezey ·
    • Flag

This is her shes one yr old up to date on shots we got her for 200 but we want 100 for her just so we get at least some of the $ back but we can negotiate as my fiance says lol

• T
    Just Said Yes March 2011
    tanya ·
    • Flag

I would love the puppy my husband and me to be would love it we have young kids that love puppies this would be a great addition t our family

• cswezey
    Dedicated October 2010
    cswezey ·
    • Flag

Well who ever wants her email me for my # my email is ***************@*****.***

• Karen
    Expert May 2011
    Karen ·
    • Flag

She's almost as cute as my grand-dog, :-P

• cswezey
    Dedicated October 2010
    cswezey ·
    • Flag

Haha how cute karen i think your dogs ears are down huh mine are sticking up like antennas

• snaps
    Expert June 2011
    snaps ·
    • Flag

Yorkies are infamous for not being good with small children - I would never rehome this kind of a dog in a household of that description!!! It leaves the dog and the children open to injury. Like Chihuahuas, Yorkies tend to be one-person dogs and can get snappy with others, even other members of "their person's" family. People need to be responsible pet owners and choose an animal with a temperment that suits their household and lifestyle. I work for a rescue organization and hate to see dogs get jerked around from house to house because people are purchasing based on looks and then moving them on to another home when things don't work. It is unhealthy and unfair. Please contact one of your local rescue organizations - they will be willing to take the time to screen potential owners to ensure they will be suitable for this type of dog.

• Jennifer
    Expert October 2010
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Awww, If I were in Ca I would be, we love yorkies!

• Nicci
    Master July 2010
    Nicci ·
    • Flag

@snaps---not ALL yorkies are bad with children..there have been a total of 12 yorkies in my family and we are a family with a lot of children. No problems..ever. It all depends on how you the owner raise the dog. Same with "bully breeds"

If you lived in Minnesota I would totally take her in a heartbeat!

• snaps
    Expert June 2011
    snaps ·
    • Flag

Indeed, not ALL are - I don't mean to suggest there aren't exceptions. But many are nippy and I think that, especially having never even MET this dog before, it would be dangerous for someone with young children to take a Yorkie. I would honestly (I am not exaggerating or being sarcastic) be more comfortable rehoming a pit bull with young children. Small dogs are often the worst with children. I think it's because the same amount of prodding/poking/pulling on a small dog causes more pain than it does for a larger one (like a retriever or lab).

• R
    VIP September 2010
    R&J Salsa-Lovers ·
    • Flag

Where are you located? My fiance and I want to get two yorkies. I'd love to have her. Is she fixed already>

• jessica
    VIP May 2008
    jessica ·
    • Flag

I have 2 yorkies and a 8 month old and they do great togther bear and bugg they play with seth all day and seth pets them and chases them around plus when i was pregnant bugg would sleep on my belly. oh and bear gives seth kisses that makes seth laugh.

• The Awesome Thief
    Master February 2010
    The Awesome Thief ·
    • Flag

I would, but I already have a Maltese/Yorkie and a hound. Smiley sad She's cute though.

@Snaps- I don't think that smaller dogs are more irritable than any other dog, it depends on how it is raised and who it is around. If you have a small child who pulls the dog's hair or hits it then, yes, you're going to have a dog that doesn't like children. But if you teach your child what is and isn't acceptable to do then the dog will be just fine. The only time either of my dogs snap at anyone is if they think I'm in danger or someone hurts them. Like Nicci said- It depends on how the dogs are raised. When I was little my parents had a Rottweiler and she was the sweetest dog ever. So it's all in the people around the animal.

• Mrs.M <3
    Super August 2010
    Mrs.M <3 ·
    • Flag

I would be very worried about a small child harming the Yorkie. They are very tiny little dogs with itty bitty bones, a small child could potentially very seriously harm them by "playing" with them. I wouldn't bring a Yorkie into a home that has kids who aren't old enough to understand that this pet is potentially very fragile. Also, as mentioned, there is the risk that a young child bothers the dog too much while "playing" with it and gets bitten. A lot of kids under 6-8 just don't know how to play with toy breeds of dogs appropriately, a larger, more sturdy breed would be best for someone with small children.

• Michelle
    Expert September 2010
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Wait, did you get this dog JUST as a wedding accessory??????? I'm sorry, but I think it is VERY irresponsible to not have thought this through and done proper introductions to your dogs prior to buying her. You will have caused this poor dog a great deal of stress and opened her to the possibility of ending up homeless or worse. This pup is a living being and deserves better than to have been passed around like this.

• Tara
    Super July 2011
    Tara ·
    • Flag

@CanadianBride- I agree with you, that was my thought as well when I read the post. I was hoping someone else had brought it up so we could have a full explanation.

Whether or not this is the reason you purchased this dog, I really hope you will be responsible in rehoming her. As a pet owner who has rehomed animals before I know that it is hard and frusterating to find a suitable home for an animal that doesn't fit into your home, but please screen whomever you chose very carefully. Have them(& children/animals if they have any) come meet her at your house or a public location she is comfortable with prior to the rehoming so everyone can get a feel for everyone else and to see if all parties will get along.

• Michael
    Just Said Yes October 2010
    Michael ·
    • Flag

Ok so im in CA riverside area

@Cannadianbride: but no i didnt just get her for that i rescued her off the streets she had nats flees ticks and poop stuck on her butt and i just found out shes pregnant

And

@snaps: no shes not agressive to children she was agressive to my mother when she hit one of my sisters kid shes just protective she growled at my mother and protected the kid and the only reason i cant keep her is bc one of my dogs is 6weeks old and hes extremly playfull and shes more mature and doesnt want to run around prob bc shes preggo. My other dog is pretty good with her they actually get along great just not when theres wet dog food around and thats bc of my dog

• snaps
    Expert June 2011
    snaps ·
    • Flag

I think it would still be best for a rescue organization to handle this dog's rehoming. I commend you for taking in a homeless pup, but with her pregnancy, she will need care (possibly in a foster home) and a rescue organization will not only take care of the adoption of her pups as well, but they will make sure they are ALL sterilized to prevent even more unwanted dogs in the future. Another question I have is - how do you have a 6 week old puppy?? That animal should not be away from its mother yet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics