We're June 2021 and we're not worrying at this point. There may be another wave, but most likely in the fall. We're the last weekend of June, so it'll be hot, and I don't think we're in the position to worry about a third wave next spring yet. There's no way to tell what advances will be made in science and public health by then, and we couldn't start to reschedule things without losing deposits now anyways, so we're staying positive and planning as normal!
Coming from a bride who postponed lol, I would say ride it out at this point. It's looking like well have a vaccine of sorts by the end of this year and the second wave is supposed to hit in the fall. I postponed our may wedding to the end of august, and it's looking like we may have to postpone again, but well wait until july to make that call. At this point safety is our concern as we got married in a back yard ceremony april 19th
This is pretty much where we're at too, only May 29, 2021. And for us, that is our postponed date, as we were originally supposed to have our wedding this May 30. It's in the back of my mind that if things go really bad, or if another wave hits that affects next Spring, we may not be able to keep that date. But for now, that's another year off. So many things could happen, so I can't drive myself crazy worrying about it.
We were so close when we had to postpone, that almost everything is done. So I'm taking a break from planning for a little while, trying to decompress. We will have the wedding we want, hopefully next May. I hope everything works out for you.
Of course it’s possible but try to plan your wedding based on the current situation and not what-ifs. Trust me a pandemic cancelling my wedding never once crossed my mind (although everything else did lol) and we postponed a month before pretty seamlessly. I guess what I’m trying to say is if it comes to that you can easily postpone but don’t let something that might or might not happen ruin your wedding planning experience!
I've had these thoughts regarding my March 2021 wedding but after taking a break in April from planning we've decided to continue forward regardless of what may or may not happen a year from now. As long as our venue and caterers don't make us reschedule next year, we're doing it no matter who feels comfortable showing up or not. If anyone doesn't feel safe coming, we could always let them join by video. But basically, we're having our wedding whether all 75 guests show up, or 5 guests show up! Things will be different in our world for some time, so I've just decided to accept it and move forward!
Yes. We are considering moving out wedding from August 2020 to sometime in 2022. My fiancé is concerned about gatherings before there is a vaccine. But, realistically I think our venue will make us choose a 2021 date and I personally am fine with trying our luck for next year.
I agree with the PP re: planning your wedding as best you can with the information you have right now. You're certainly not alone in your concern about next year. Here are two other discussions with 2021 couples:
No, I hate to think about it but I’ve already starting making a back up Plan I guess mostly because if I do have to cut wedding because of covid I’m 100% fine with have a very small wedding! I’m praying it doesn’t come to that I really feel bad so far for the brides of this year with each post I read smh.
Wow! That would be really unfortunate. I'm 2/6/21. I really don't want to postpone for a 3rd time!! We were originally this August and had to move it to next year (pre-covid). Was your friend's wedding moved to May 2021 because the venue is booked or the venue will still be closed??