37 Reviews for Younts Conference Center, Furman University

Linens (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
37 Younts Conference Center, Furman University Reviews

Tony at Furman was great to work with! He was always there (patiently) answering all of our questions. They accommodated our needs and allowed us to do whatever we wanted, for the most part. They had a lot of great suggestions and we couldn't have done it without him!

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/19/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Excellent Conference center, we had our reception at the Younts Conference Center

Profile Picture User6497189, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Linens, Indoor

Furman University is a beautiful campus and was a perfect venue to create the overall timeless wedding look we hoped to achieve!

Profile Picture Sundra, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.2

The chapel is beautiful and well priced!

Profile Picture User4534772, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Younts were very professional, courteous, and helpful. They helped make my wedding reception an unforgettable, amazing experience. Younts exceeded my expectations, and I am very happy that I used them. Furman's campus is beautiful, so it was the perfect location for my wedding!

Profile Picture Charon, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a Furman graduate, I always dreamed of getting married on Furman's perfectly manicured campus. The Charles E. Daniel Chapel is gorgeous, and provided the perfect location for us to swap "I do's"! They require that you have a wedding coordinator and ours, Mary Hearne, was a lifesaver. She was such a delight that we hired her for the reception and day after brunch as well. She kept us on time, in order an following all of Furman's rules so we were able to get all of the security deposit back. The rehearsal only lasted about 20-30 minutes (unheard of!), and she left pieces of tape so everyone knew exactly where to stand. She was also able to suggest other vendors that we had not booked yet, and together we created possibly the perfect wedding vendor team!

We took bridal portraits in the Rose Garden and the Bell Tower and a first look in the Rose Garden before our wedding, it provided the perfect setting to see my groom for the first time that day! Our bridal party photos were mostly taken on the Mall, and look like something out of a magazine. --Of course part of that is due to our wonderful photographers, but Furman provided the location/backdrop.

I could not have dreamed of a more perfect place to get married! Both the Furman sales team, and Mary Hearne made the entire process a breeze!

Profile Picture Ella, 6/28/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Younts is such a beautiful place to hold a wedding. We were able to utilize not only all the space inside, but DeSantis Pavilion and the back patio as well. It was the perfect size to hold our 250+ guest wedding, while still having room for a photobooth, DJ, and dancefloor. Parking is easily accessible, which was also a bonus because we had a lot of older guests. My only complaint is that when the second half of our deposit was due, I received a reminder email only 24 hours before it was due. Yes, in some respects I should have kept on top of this, but at the same time, I feel a reminder email a couple months, a month, or even a week in advance would have been nice. The email saying our deposit was due was the first contact we had with the Younts staff in the 2 years since we had booked the venue. Luckily we had the funds set aside, but I feel as if this may cause a problem for brides (or other clients) who may not be as on top of things or have the finances available. Other than that, everything was perfect. The Younts staff that worked our event were extremely friendly and pleasant to work with.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Younts Conference Center was a wonderful host. The Venue staff were absolutely wonderful and more than helpful!

Profile Picture Joy, 12/21/13, 3 Reviews
1.2

So many things were wrong with my experience that I don't know where to start. All of my issues were with catering. The coordinators were great. First off during my first tasting they have us frozen chicken fingers to taste. I was paying $6000 for catering and they were going to serve frozen chicken fingers. When we called them out on how bad they were they stated the could do hand breaded ones for the same price. Really?? We had to schedule a second tasting to try these when they should have been offered first. The night of the wedding the chicken was dry and the bread on our sliders was falling apart like it was stale. So disappointing.

Second throughout the whole wedding planning I told them multiple times that I didn't want to run out of alcohol. It was the one thing I was worried about for the night. I brought in my own alcohol and went above the necessary amount to ensure that we would not run out. During the wedding one bar was busier than the other and they ran through items faster. Instead of directing people to the other bar or, I don't know, waking to the other bar to grab a bottle, they just told guests we were out. They also closed that bar 30 minutes early yet still made me pay for the bartender. I ended up having some of everything left and $400 worth of alcohol to return. Considering it was my biggest concern you would think they would have made sure that this never occurred. I had guests coming up to me saying they were out of alcohol when I knew they were most definitely not.

Overall we paid a lot of money for a not so great experience with the caterers. I would change my entire wedding plan if I could do it over again.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Marci, 11/16/13, 2 Reviews
4.7

The staff were very professional and organized. We had an outside vendor bring in chairs and linens and there were no problems with the setup or break down of our event. All the guests loved the food and it was served the way we requested it. The space was perfect for a wedding reception and the dance floor stayed packed due to our awesome DJ from The Party Machine!

Profile Picture User3622775, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
1.8

While the venue provided the size and acoustics we were looking for, that's where it about ended. The catering is separate so will not be covered in this review. Claire, in charge of the venue made agreements that she didn't follow through with, namely collecting the flowers at the end of the night to give to a nursing home. As a result the parents were saddle with the hassle of empting all the flower vessels and lugging them all home. When the vendor had previously picked them up the following morning Obviously she did not care for the glorious florist we had, or she did not get a "kick back" from one of her preferred florists The tables were rarely, if ever cleared of empty glasses, plates, etc. The bartenders did not keep count of bottles "uncorked" or beer removed from cardboard cases==they left it up to us to "trust" their corking charges. At the end of the night, they were very pushy to get out of the venue even though we paid for additional hours. Claire was a phony salesman until she was paid the total fee than she wanted all the control. She had the nerve to tell the bride she wanted to move an outside bar, inside, two days before the wedding. Although it had been raining, in two days it might have been finel.It did not rain. What coordinator would try to change a bride's plans before the date?!

Profile Picture Pauline, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chapel was absolutely gorgeous so I did not have to add much decor. There are quite a few rules to abide by, and I would say that is the only downfall to having a ceremony here. Also makes for gorgeous pictures!

Profile Picture Susanna, 4/20/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Everyone was so helpful and nice. They kept in constant contact during the planning process. Also, they are very up front about their policies and costs, so you never felt like a hidden rule or cost was going to come along! Our ceremony was at the chapel, where everyone was fantastic as well. They made everything very streamline and worry free. A fantastic experience!

Profile Picture Kalani, 4/6/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was amazing. Furman made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing on my special day. They helped me find a wedding coordinator, Amanda Cox, who was amazing! From the food to the reception layout they made sure everything was just how my husband and I wanted it. Our wedding day was a dream come true with no worries, we just enjoyed the day. I would HIGHLY recommend Furman as an event venue for your wedding reception.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My experience with Younts was great. They did everything they could to accomodate our wishes for our reception, and Kay was a pleasure to work with. Definitely a worthy vendor :)

Profile Picture Emma, 7/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Daniel chapel at Furman University is absolutely gorgeous! I had so many people tell me how pretty it was. What I love about the chapel is its beauty. Because it is so pretty you really do not have to use a lot of decorations in the chapel. They do have a lot of rules that you have to follow, but it is nothing that is to crazy. I am really glad I chose Furman and the chapel made a beautiful background for all of our pictures.

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm giving this 5 stars even though we had to deal with the Bell Tower & trees surounding it being rolled by toilet paper the night before our ceremony by Seniors. It just gives us a funny story to tell for years to come. :)

Profile Picture Lynne, 3/31/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful chapel I have ever seen!!! Absolutely amazing!!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 1/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with the Furman University staff was wonderful! They definitely made our wedding day very special!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chapel's requirement that you use one of their coordinators is actually quite great. Mary was a godsend. We didn't have to worry about anything during the rehearsal or the day of. We just showed up and she had things under control.

Also, the chapel is absolutely beautiful and made for stunning pictures, even on a rainy day.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/5/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Younts Conference Center is very nice. I had a larger wedding so it worked for us. The nice thing is you get the whole building so you don't have to worry about a bunch of other people wondering around in the same building. Furman is also a very pretty campus, so there was alot of nice places around the reception site to take pictures. They packed us a to go bag so we got to eat all the food we wanteded to since guests like to talk your ear off. I would recommend them to my friends. The other nice thing is since it is on Furman campus Furman Catering does all the food, so it saves you searching for a caterer.

Profile Picture Kate, 10/30/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony at the Furman Chapel, which was beautiful. The reception took place at Younts Conference Center which was everything we needed and looked beautiful! I worked with the event coordinator, Claire Bray and was extremely happy with how helpful she was and how she was always willing to do anything for us. we had 200 seated guests and still had plenty of room to dance. The food was good, but I did not find any menus that i just had to have. My florist, cake baker, band, and professional party rentals (table cloths) had no problem getting in and setting everything up on their own. Claire also organized my slideshow, wedding favors, and a creative guest book; and at the end of the reception she organized everything together again and gave it to my parents to take back home for me. I feel like I didnt have to do any work, and everything turned out better than I could have expected!

Profile Picture Audrey, 7/31/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Daniel Chapel is a gorgeous place for a wedding ceremony. Our July wedding was held there and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It is absolutely gorgeous and everyone that you work with is awesome! What better place for pictures too, than Furman University!?
-Ashley Flory Robinson

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/10/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Daniel Chapel is amazing for a wedding site. The only thing I could say in addition is that they could possibly offer a little more time to the bridal party after the wedding for photos.

Profile Picture Stacey, 4/24/10, 5 Reviews
3.2

I loved all the people that worked with us from Younts. However, their caterer, Aramark, was a huge disappointment. I asked for several different canapes. At my tasting, they replaced one of the canapes I requested with a blueberry one. I said several times at that meeting that I didn't want to serve the blueberry one at my reception. The chef told me he would do an apple one instead. When I got to my reception, there were little labels out for all the canapes. One of the labels said Apple, caramel, and boursin. However, there were no apple canapes served. They put out blueberry instead! The director told me that the chef just decided to give us an extra canape, and that there were apple ones at the reception. Well that is a lie. I am a Furman alumni and was truly excited to be back at "home." I would never do business with Aramark again. They just do what they want. They told us we would have two buffet tables. My mother purchased big floral arrangements for both. Then, we only one actual buffet of food. They just made the decision to change without asking me!

Profile Picture Mandy , 4/3/10, 5 Reviews