Younts Conference Center, Furman University Reviews

40 | Greenville, SC

40 Reviews for Younts Conference Center, Furman University

• Katlyn

Katlyn Gould · Married on 10/27/2018

Can't Recommend Younts Conference Center enough!

I worked with Lauren from Younts for our special day and she was absolutely incredible! She went above and beyond to make sure any questions were answered and was always professional, but felt like a friend. They really took care of everything and I didn't have to lift a finger for our reception. When I walked in for the first time, I was stunned and couldn't believe how beautiful everything turned out. Can't thank Lauren and the team there enough for all of their help creating our dream day!!

Kayla · Married on 03/19/2016

Tony at Furman was great to work with! He was always there (patiently) answering all of our questions. They accommodated our needs and allowed us to do whatever we wanted, for the most part. They had a lot of great suggestions and we couldn't have done it without him!

Melissa · Married on 02/27/2016

Excellent Conference center, we had our reception at the Younts Conference Center

Charon · Married on 10/11/2014

The staff at Younts were very professional, courteous, and helpful. They helped make my wedding reception an unforgettable, amazing experience. Younts exceeded my expectations, and I am very happy that I used them. Furman's campus is beautiful, so it was the perfect location for my wedding!

Ella · Married on 06/28/2014

As a Furman graduate, I always dreamed of getting married on Furman's perfectly manicured campus. The Charles E. Daniel Chapel is gorgeous, and provided the perfect location for us to swap "I do's"! They require that you have a wedding coordinator and ours, Mary Hearne, was a lifesaver. She was such a delight that we hired her for the reception and day after brunch as well. She kept us on time, in order an following all of Furman's rules so we were able to get all of the security deposit back. The rehearsal only lasted about 20-30 minutes (unheard of!), and she left pieces of tape so everyone knew exactly where to stand. She was also able to suggest other vendors that we had not booked yet, and together we created possibly the perfect wedding vendor team!

We took bridal portraits in the Rose Garden and the Bell Tower and a first look in the Rose Garden before our wedding, it provided the perfect setting to see my groom for the first time that day! Our bridal party photos were mostly taken on the Mall, and look like something out of a magazine. --Of course part of that is due to our wonderful photographers, but Furman provided the location/backdrop.

I could not have dreamed of a more perfect place to get married! Both the Furman sales team, and Mary Hearne made the entire process a breeze!

Joy · Married on 12/21/2013

Younts Conference Center was a wonderful host. The Venue staff were absolutely wonderful and more than helpful!

Kalani · Married on 04/06/2013

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Everyone was so helpful and nice. They kept in constant contact during the planning process. Also, they are very up front about their policies and costs, so you never felt like a hidden rule or cost was going to come along! Our ceremony was at the chapel, where everyone was fantastic as well. They made everything very streamline and worry free. A fantastic experience!

• Emma

Emma · Married on 07/07/2012

My experience with Younts was great. They did everything they could to accomodate our wishes for our reception, and Kay was a pleasure to work with. Definitely a worthy vendor :)

Courtney · Married on 04/21/2012

The Daniel chapel at Furman University is absolutely gorgeous! I had so many people tell me how pretty it was. What I love about the chapel is its beauty. Because it is so pretty you really do not have to use a lot of decorations in the chapel. They do have a lot of rules that you have to follow, but it is nothing that is to crazy. I am really glad I chose Furman and the chapel made a beautiful background for all of our pictures.

• Lynne

Lynne · Married on 03/31/2012

I'm giving this 5 stars even though we had to deal with the Bell Tower & trees surounding it being rolled by toilet paper the night before our ceremony by Seniors. It just gives us a funny story to tell for years to come. :)

Taylor · Married on 01/07/2012

The most beautiful chapel I have ever seen!!! Absolutely amazing!!!

Ashley · Married on 07/10/2010

The Daniel Chapel is a gorgeous place for a wedding ceremony. Our July wedding was held there and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It is absolutely gorgeous and everyone that you work with is awesome! What better place for pictures too, than Furman University!?
    -Ashley Flory Robinson

Stacey · Married on 04/24/2010

The Daniel Chapel is amazing for a wedding site. The only thing I could say in addition is that they could possibly offer a little more time to the bridal party after the wedding for photos.

Vicki · Married on 09/25/2009

Our daughter and son in law's wedding was at Furman University's Daniel Chapel and the reception was at Furman's Yount's Conference Center and Cherrydale Alumni House's terrace. We also used DeSantis Pavillion (for the photo booth area). The chapel and reception site proved to be perfection. Having graduated from Furman, our daughter felt this was a perfect venue for her wedding. Mary Hearne was our "Furman approved" event coordinator. (Only approved individuals can assist with coordinating details for the chapel and Yount's.) Mary came highly recommended. From the moment we met for our initial consultation, I knew Mary was going to the perfect individual to facilitate all the details a wedding and reception encompass. She is very organized, provided a wealth of information for vendors, attended each vendor-meeting with me as details were planned and communicated via e-mail and phone throughout the planning period. She was a real god-send! I will never forget on the morning of the wedding, I came to her to obsess about some of the details...she gently hugged me and said, "Mom, I've got this...TODAY you are just the mother of the bride...go..and enjoy your daughter's day." I, indeed, took her advice and had full confidence the day and evening would unfold as planned. To this day, I still appreciate her advice and gentle coaxing for me to leave it all to her. She managed the day's timeline with perfection and kept it all running impeccably. I (we) would highly recommend Mary to anyone that wants a professional, Furman-connected, knowledgeable, coordinator to make your wedding day run smoothly and seamless!

Meridyth · Married on 04/25/2009

The chef at Younts is awesome. He took our request to have food that you wouldn't typically see at a reception to heart and came up with an incredible menu. Although the groom and I didn't have the time to truly enjoy the food, what we did have was delicious. Every single person who I have spoken with about our wedding has complimented the food--I wish I could go back in time and taste it all!

Sarah · Married on 11/01/2008

ABSOLUTELY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! And the Younts Conference center, which is where we held the reception, has some of the best catering! I was actually worried about the dry food you sometimes experience at weddings. I can honestly say that the staff at both the chapel and conference center worked hard to make sure that we had exactly what we wanted for our wedding.

Donna · Married on 04/26/2008

Easy to work with, great results!

Grayson · Married on 11/10/2007

The chapel provided a FANTASTIC venue for the ceremony. While there are very specific guidelines as to what can happen during the ceremony (video, photo, etc.), the look and feel of the chapel is well worth the difference.

The Younts Conference Center offered many nice options for the reception, and Meredith helped out immensely. The morning of the event, the folks were there, willing to help, and offered as much assistance as possible!

Alicia · Married on 12/16/2006

We booked the Daniel Chapel and the Younts Conference Center for our wedding. You won't find a more beautiful chapel, and the Younts Center provides you so much more room than other reception venues offer. To reserve the chapel, you must use one of their wedding coordinators, but this turned out to be such a huge blessing! I recommend Jean Baiden, she was wonderful! The conference center went above and beyond, even copying our monogram seal from our invitations and posting it on their plasma tvs as you first enter. Don't be scared to book here! You won't regret it!

Mary Carolyn · Married on 03/03/2018

We had an absolutely fabulous experience with Furman University's Younts Center for our wedding. We worked with Hillary and she was very professional and helpful throughout our entire experience. Our church service was at the Daniel Chapel and it was stunning. We received so many compliments on how beautiful it was. When you book with Younts, you have to use Furman Catering, Bon Appetit. It did not disappoint. Margaret worked with us from the beginning and extremely helpful. If we didn't like an option on the menu, she would find us something off of the menu. She also came up with a decoration idea that was stunning - white twinkling lights wrapped around sticks against the wall. It made everything look magical. My only disappointment with using Furman is the time constraints. Because they allow other weddings to take place at the Chapel on the same day (in different time spot), you don't have access to the chapel until right before your wedding starts. This made figuring out our dressing schedule tricky, but it all worked out and we were able to dress at the Younts Center and then travel to the Chapel. Wonderful experience and I would choose Furman again in a heartbeat!!

Audrey · Married on 07/31/2010

We had our ceremony at the Furman Chapel, which was beautiful. The reception took place at Younts Conference Center which was everything we needed and looked beautiful! I worked with the event coordinator, Claire Bray and was extremely happy with how helpful she was and how she was always willing to do anything for us. we had 200 seated guests and still had plenty of room to dance. The food was good, but I did not find any menus that i just had to have. My florist, cake baker, band, and professional party rentals (table cloths) had no problem getting in and setting everything up on their own. Claire also organized my slideshow, wedding favors, and a creative guest book; and at the end of the reception she organized everything together again and gave it to my parents to take back home for me. I feel like I didnt have to do any work, and everything turned out better than I could have expected!

Amy · Married on 05/23/2009

The staff members at Younts were incredibly helpful and went above and beyond for our reception! They were always willing and available to meet with you to plan and discuss details of the event... My wedding day was completely stress free because I knew they would handle everything so perfectly- down to the very last detail :) I was VERY pleased with this reception venue! And, they send an awesome goodie bag home with the bride and groom after the wedding!

Brandi · Married on 05/10/2008

The staff at the Cherrydale Alumni house where both my ceremony and reception were held were absolutely wonderful!

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

Younts is such a beautiful place to hold a wedding. We were able to utilize not only all the space inside, but DeSantis Pavilion and the back patio as well. It was the perfect size to hold our 250+ guest wedding, while still having room for a photobooth, DJ, and dancefloor. Parking is easily accessible, which was also a bonus because we had a lot of older guests. My only complaint is that when the second half of our deposit was due, I received a reminder email only 24 hours before it was due. Yes, in some respects I should have kept on top of this, but at the same time, I feel a reminder email a couple months, a month, or even a week in advance would have been nice. The email saying our deposit was due was the first contact we had with the Younts staff in the 2 years since we had booked the venue. Luckily we had the funds set aside, but I feel as if this may cause a problem for brides (or other clients) who may not be as on top of things or have the finances available. Other than that, everything was perfect. The Younts staff that worked our event were extremely friendly and pleasant to work with.

Kimberly · Married on 05/14/2011

Working with the Furman University staff was wonderful! They definitely made our wedding day very special!