Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

23 Reviews for With Sugar On Top

23 With Sugar On Top Reviews

Kim was wonderful to work with! She made a gorgeous wedding cake for us. I sent her a picture of my vision and she created an almost identical wedding cake! Kim definitely captured my nautical yet romantic theme! We chose carrot cake and cream cheese icing..... Delicious!!! Guests are still talking about how yummy it was! Thank you Kim for being such a big part in our wedding day!! :)

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim was great and supplied an amazing cake. My fiancé placed my ring in a Reese peanut butter cup for the proposal and we wanted to have that moment captured for our wedding day. Kim made an amazing cake that looked like a package of Reeses peanut butter cups with one cup outside containing a ring. She captured my idea exactly and it was a hit!

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/27/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim was great to work with and very responsive through email. She was up for any design I showed her and even made an extra cake to take to my grandmother who was unable to make the wedding. The cake was delicious!!

Profile Picture User3832488, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Long story short: Kim is amazing.

My now husband and I went to Kim's house for a tasting in April and immediately knew that we wanted to use her. We told her up front that we wanted 150 cupcakes, and she was on board. She also suggested that we have a small cutting cake, which was great. Kim always responded quickly to my emails and was up for being super creative. We had a travel theme going at the reception, and she made little cars, passports, Eiffel Towers, and more for each cupcake. She even decorated the cake stand with different travel pictures. It was so cool. When I saw everything at the reception, my jaw hit the floor. And I am still hearing rave reviews from guests about how good the cupcakes were. They were so good that I didn't have a chance to get one and they were all gone by the end of the night! So thank you Kim for doing such a wonderful job and laughing with me along the way!!

Profile Picture Anne, 9/21/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim helped make our wedding day beautiful. She saw the cake design I liked and heard our vision on the color scheme and got it done! She was creative and flexible. The cake tasting was great too since she brought so many different things to try! My husband is not into sweets and he fell in love with her strawberry filling, white cake choice. On our wedding day she used fresh strawberries from a nearby farm! She is a great baker and I would highly, highly recommend using With Sugar On Top.

Profile Picture User2704991, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim was very helpful in helping us shape the look of our cupcakes. She was very flexible, friendly, very easy to work with, very detail oriented, and followed our wishes to the letter. The cupcakes were DELICIOUS. Everyone at the wedding spoke very highly of the taste and look of the cupcakes. We were very happy working with her. She delivered the cupcakes on time and they looked exactly as we wanted. We plan on ordering cupcakes from her in the future.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/15/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The "bakery" was in the kitchen of her house, however, that did not hold this woman back from making the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake that my guests and I have ever seen. She was EXTREMELY flexible and gave us a military discount. Her artistry was spot on for what we wanted for our wedding and I did not have to give her much guidance. She was excellent! She was so accommodating and affordable that we were able to save a large chunk of money and apply it to other places for the wedding. She was hassle-free. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and our experience with her for our wedding.

Profile Picture User944102, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Kim!! The cake portion of my wedding planning was not only the EASIEST part, but it was actually one of the funnest parts!! I always looked forward to her responses wich were always prompt. I bounced crazy Ideas off of her and she was always so excited to be apart of whatever I threw at her. I changed my mind several times on what cake and filling we wanted and she NEVER had a problem with catering to my indecision. We live in Colorado and she not only shipped samples to us months before but provided us with a cake tasting when we actually got into the MD area . Every time we tasted her cakes they seemed to get more and more delicious! Thank you so much Kim for making our day absolutely PERFECT!!

Profile Picture Ginger, 10/2/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Kimberly made my DREAM wedding cake. I knew from the moment I tasted her cakes that I had to book her. Her fresh strawberry buttercream is the most delicious thing I have tasted. While other bakeries in the area will give you grainy, sugary grocery store-like frostings to taste, Kimberly makes the most delicious homemade creamy frostings. I was sold! Over the course of several months, we traded emails here and there and she was very responsive. She even made a computer mockup of what the cake would look like and had some wonderful design ideas. I was floored by the cake at my reception - I nearly cried! It was one of the most beautiful cakes I had ever seen! I wouldn't hesitate recommending Kim. And get the fresh strawberry buttercream or chocolate ganache - they are both amazing!

Profile Picture User691851, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim is an artist and the cake was delicious.

Profile Picture Raquel, 7/24/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was SO extremely pleased with the work that Kim did. Everyone who attended my wedding commented on how great the cupcakes taste wise and how amazing her designs were. I also had her do our grooms cake and received rave reviews on it. She did everything that I asked for and was more than accomodating. I changed my mind a million times and she never got mad, never got frustrated, and entertained all my ideas. The value was unbelievable. I would DEFINITELY use her again!

Profile Picture megan, 6/26/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could not be happier with the cakes and service I got with from With Sugar on Top. Kim was a delight to work with. My wedding cake was absolutely delicious with two different layers for each of our favorite flavors - peanut butter and mint chocolate. It was a big hit and everyone kept talking about which flavor they liked (most liked both!). Plus, it was beautifully created to match our wedding colors and the design on our wedding invitations. All the research we did on wedding cakes showed that this was also the best price in the area for a wedding cake. In addition, she also did our groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner. It was a full sized alligator (our college mascot) on a football field with a jersey and football in his mouth. It was the coolest looking cake I have ever seen and we almost didn't want to cut it because it looked so amazing! Kim spent a lot of time preparing this cake and giving me updates. You could tell she was excited about designing this cake which is always comforting when vendors are excited about their work because you know it will be high quality. My mother-in-law bakes a lot and is often critical about baked goods and she said it was one of the best carrot cakes she's ever eaten. As if that wasn't enough cake, Kim also made two individual birthday cakes for the rehearsal dinner for my maid of honor and sister-in-law (which I requested at the very last minute and she was more than accomodating). They were decorated like presents with a lid and a huge bow. They were a great surprise and tasted delicious. Overall, I would highly recommened With Sugar on Top. They provide delicious and beautiful cakes and the process was easy, fun, and stress free.

Profile Picture Amanda , 4/24/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Kim was a fabulous experience. Our cake tasted wonderful and looked beautiful! I will highly recommend her to all of the future brides I meet!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing!! We just loved it! It was beautiful and tasted delicious too. Kim even braved the blizzard of 2009 to deliver our cake. We could not be more appreciative of all her efforts. Her professionalism and artistic eye cannot be topped.

Profile Picture Kate, 12/19/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Words can not describe nor express the amazing work of art Kim (With Sugar on Top) did for our wedding cake. John and I were blown away at the presentation she prepared for us when we went for our tasting. We were sold as soon as we walked in the door. Everyone one commented on how amazing the cake tasted and there was only a few pieces left for us to take home. All of our guests were asking for more to take with them!! Hands Down... 5 Stars!
Mr. & Mrs. John Eastland

Profile Picture Jessia, 9/19/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim from With Sugar on Top baked our wedding cake/cupcakes for our recent September wedding. Without any reservations, my new husband and I would recommend Kim's services in a heart beat to any one looking for an exceptional taste, quality and affordablity. Her ideas were original and creative, her rates are beyond reasonable and to top it all off she is just a pleasure to work with. She helped us from begining to end with ideas for the design and flavors. We choose petit fours which are small cup cakes covered in fondant (they look like mini cakes). Our guests were so impressed with the look of the fours as well as the taste-needless to say there were NO leftovers :) We found Kim to be very responsive and helpful right down to the very last detail in the design and presentation. She even went out of her way to create various sample designs and cupcake stands for us to choose from. Since we live quite a distance from her business location, she was very flexible in long distance payment options and in communication. She delivered the cake in a timely manner and set it all up for us as well. With all that being said, it is obvious that Kim from With Sugar On Top provides not only beautiful and delicious wedding creations, but she also has a deep comittment to customer service (a lost art as we all know). Kim, we thank you for helping in making our day stress free and unforgettable. You truly are an artist and master of your craft. I encourage anyone thinking of hiring With Sugar on Top for the next event to contact me personally (adrielle_m@yahoo.com) if they have any questions or doubts. I will glady offer a glowing recommendation.

Profile Picture Adrielle , 9/6/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely LOVED both the wedding reception and rehearsal dinner cakes that Kim made for us. Everyone at the rehearsal dinner couldn't believe that the Towson cake was really a cake! The tiger looked so real - It was wonderful. And everyone commented on how great the wedding cake tasted (especially the red velvet) and that it was the best "wedding cake" cake they had ever had! And the cake itself was BEAUTIFUL!! We can't thank you enough for everything that you did. The cakes were waaaaay more than we hoped for, so thank you!

Profile Picture tracy, 7/10/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I am the ultimate budget savvy bride and wanted to get the most for my money, and Kim made it happen! I was able to have two cakes and her talent with sugar is amazing. The cakes looked and tasted wonderfully! They were so good my family had them all again the next night with some ice cold milk! Kim was also great at helping me design the perfect cake. I wanted simple yet stunning and with her sugar roses, sugar hydrangea, a monogram topper and her talents, my cake was perfect. Our groom's cake was shaped like the Luxor hotel (this is where we got engaged) and it was awesome as well, right down to a chocolate sphinx! I wish I had more reasons to buy cakes from Kim!

Profile Picture Jacalyn, 7/2/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

With Sugar on Top did an amazing job with our cake. Kim was very responsive to any request that we had, and she was incredibly easy to get in touch with. She mailed samples to us because we were out of state, and she set up a tasting for us that was lovely and delicious that accommodated our schedule for when we would be in town. Months out she would email me with ideas for our beach-themed wedding, and she was responsive to my ideas but brought her own to the table as well.

With Sugar on Top was also able to work with us to meet our budget needs, so we had a lovely cake that fit within the restraints of what we were able to spend.

The wedding cake itself was delicious and beautiful. We received many compliments from our guests about how lovely the cake was. I highly recommend this vendor. Kim is professional, talented, and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/20/09, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim was so easy and wonderful to work with. She really takes her time to help you figure out exactly the kind of cake you want for your special day. We had such a nice time at our cake tasting (where it was very hard to choose, they were all so yummy!) Our cake was beautiful and delicious! We opted for Kim to make our flowers rather than purchasing them from the florist. I still can't believe that she makes these flowers - they are so life-like. I would recommend Kim for any of your baking needs. She has very fair prices and is a delight to work with!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/23/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We wanted a custom suitcase cake, and Kim was very open to our ideas! She made a wonderful cake, exactly what we wanted. Someone even asked me if it was from Ace of Cakes :)

Thanks Kim!

Profile Picture Dragana, 11/8/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was a pleasure to work with Kim. We had such fun at the tasting. My Mother-in-Law was in heaven tasting everything! Kim made enough for me to share with family. She has great design sense and makes suggestions for shape color filling, etc. We were so pleased and so were our guests! There was very little cake leftover! Guests came back to get a second piece so they could taset both layers. I recommend Kim for specialty cakes as well as any wedding cake.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/17/08, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Kim is great and super flexible. She went above and beyond. The cake looked great, though there were a couple of cracks in the icing. No biggie, still looked amazing and tasted EVEN BEtter!!! Kim was wonderful and I'd use her again any time. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/26/08, 7 Reviews