Treasure Trove Jewelers Reviews

11 | Washington, DC

11 Reviews for Treasure Trove Jewelers

Paul · Married on 10/23/2015

Dave was awesome to work with. As a groom buying his engagement ring, I had no idea what the process would be. He made it real easy - explained things really well and had a product that all of my financees friends real jealous of. They all tell me I did a great job! Thanks Treasure Trove!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband went to Treasure Trove secretly on his lunch breaks to pick up out the perfect engagement ring. Dave was a HUGE help - explaining diamonds and setting to him, helping him to pick out options, and steering him towards a diamond that fit his vision and was a fair price. We went back to Dave about a year later when it was time to pick out on our wedding bands. I was picky about my wedding band and it took me a few times to find what I was looking for but Dave was helpful throughout and gave great suggestions around sizing and what would look good with engagement ring. I'm really happy with the rings we choose and for any major jewelry purchase, I will definitely go back to Treasure Trove and recommend them to all my friends who are getting married.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Dave was so helpful with picking an engagement setting for my ring. He was genuine and helped get my fiance a great deal on the ring. We will definitely go back for the wedding bands.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Lia · Married on 03/08/2015

The brothers at Treasure Trove could not be more helpful - they walked my husband through the process of buying a ring, set the ring beautifully and sized it perfectly. When we went back for our wedding bands they were equally helpful, and had the rings finished days earlier than promised. They never up-sold us, and in fact steered us away from the most costly options. We really could not be happier!

Sent on 06/14/2015

What can I say that hasn't already been covered? Dave and crew are simply amazing. So I visited multiple stores in the DC area with a list of certain preferences from my fiance. Although everyone was pleasant at the other stores, no one took the time to actually teach me about settings/stones, what works, what doesn't, and doing it without the intention of actually selling me anything. I know this because I was interested in a much higher priced ring and Dave gave me sage advice that despite its price, it will not look nice.

The man is interested in only what works best for you given your taste/preferences, not what brings him the most money. That's honesty and integrity right there. As someone lacking in taste, I can say that the engagement ring I ended up with was borderline art, and that's due to Dave's advice.

If you are looking to buy jewelery, you can't do better than Dave and crew at Treasure Trove.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Amazing! I absolutely love my engagement ring and I can't wait to go back to Treasure Trove for my wedding band.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Treasure Trove worked with us perfectly from start to finish. Dave, the owner, is so knowledgeable about diamonds and helped us understand everything. I also brought a family heirloom diamond to him to be made into a necklace to be worn on the wedding day and they helped me design something. The necklace is stunning. Dave's wife Susan was also extremely helpful. Everything was done in a timely manner and they really made us feel special. Will definitely use them for all future jewelry purposes.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Emily · Married on 08/10/2012

We had a fantastic experience picking out my engagement ring at treasure trove. It was the last place we went, and I was blown away by the selection, service and value in comparison with other retailers in DC. My fiance reported that Dave (the owner) worked with him tirelessly to find a diamond that was perfect for the setting I had fallen in love with. We were on a short timeline, and Dave really took the time and energy to not only give us a quick experience, but to also guarantee the highest quality for the money we were spending. The professionalism and service didn't stop there - Dave called us a few days after Chad proposed to ask how things went and has been extremely helpful as we've looked at wedding rings and corrected sizing issues with my ring.
    The biggest stand-out factor for me at Treasure Trove was that all of the staff treated us like the reasonable human beings that we are. They never tested or questioned our budget, listened carefully to what we wanted and were very attentive to our preferences. They were also the only jewelry store we visited that seemed to understand and respect that this was a very large, joint investment for the two of us. While other retailers refused to talk about budget in front of me and made snide comments about our budget being low, Dave was kind, respectful and attentive to our wishes as a couple.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2011

the customer service at TT is amazing. my husband and i worked with dave, and i have nothing but praise for him. we had to resize my engagement ring, making it smaller, and for some reason, the smaller side stones kept falling out after the resizing. each time i brought it in, dave had it back to me before the end of that same day. he kept replacing the diamonds at his expense. after a few repeat issues with the small stones still falling out after the resizing, dave decided to just reorder a brand new ring from nyc in the exact size i needed. i got the new ring, and no stones have fallen out since. we got our wedding bands from him as well. he was very responsive and very friendly. we had great chats each time i was in the store. he has two customers for life now :)

Sent on 11/29/2011

I brought in my grandmothers art deco bracelet for them to remove a link or two so I could use it as my something old. I had no expectations the piece was valuable, just pretty silver and glass. Apparently, it was far cheaper than even I thought and when the poor jeweler when to solder it it started to melt. They called me telling me it was done for, but I cried (yes cried) and said I would pick it up and glue it if it had to. They called back two hours later saying somehow miracles occurred and it was fixed. I picked it up a few days later and it's perfect, like nothing happened. Thank you Treasure Trove for saving my grandmothers cheap but lovely bracelet for me to wear at my wedding!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

3.6
      3.5

The rings were not engraved because at last moment told that it couldnt be done by machine, extra 200$ to engrave by hand...the ring of my husband too narrow, not advised as of him being a bug man...mine was not cut and was held one extra week for cutting. You can't upgrade...

Sent on 11/26/2012