Tobey Nelson Events and Design Reviews

Tobey Nelson Events and Design 5
Tobey Nelson Events and Design 6
Tobey Nelson Events and Design 7

Christina · Married on 08/25/2018

We had an AMAZING experience with Tobey, Sara and her team! They made our wedding day look absolutely beautiful within a budget we could actually afford. She recommended options we did not even think of to help us stay within our means that did not detract from the beauty in any way on our big day. There wasn't a single thing that went wrong. We are so thankful and would 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 8

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Christina!! I'm so grateful for your business and your kind words! Thanks for letting us be your wedding florists - it was fun, and an honor!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2018

Tobey was amazing. I didn't have a great idea of what I wanted- just a few pictures on Pinterest and Tobey created everything as I had envisioned, but couldn't quite explain. She gave me a great estimate of the total cost of the project based on my estimate on the number of guests, tables, etc. Closer to the wedding, we talked on the phone for about an hour to get all the details settled (she is super fun). She spent a lot of time breaking things down for me and providing me multiple options and price points for things so that I could make sure I was getting the most for my money. On the day, she executed everything perfectly. I didn't have anyone for her to really coordinate with so I appreciate that she's proactive and knows what she's doing. She even stayed a little later to help people get on their boutonnieres when she found out I hadn't assigned anyone to that task. She really goes above and beyond for her clients.

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 9
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 10
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 11
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 12

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Rachel! I'm so glad you loved what we created for you!

Nina A. · Married on 07/21/2018

Tobey is the best!

I can't possibly say enough good things about Tobey. She listened so well to what we wanted, and was fantastic about making recommendations for places to spend and save money on flowers. She created all our bouquets, 11 bouteniers, a few corsages, an amazing floral arch backdrop, a floral piece above our head table, and flowers for my hair. She was timely, flexible, and a great communicator. I would recommend her work to anyone!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Nina, thank you so much!! It was a pleasure to work with you! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Tobey was amazing! Her floral arrangements and bouquets and decorations were stunning. She is truly an artist!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for your kind words! I loved creating your wedding flowers, and you were so pleasant to work with. I wish you both the very best!

Gracie · Married on 06/30/2018

Tobey was amazing to work with. She communicated wonderfully, was organized, and so kind. We rented some decor from her for our wedding and we were so pleased with how everything looked and how they made our wedding into the event it was. Just beautiful! Thank you, Tobey!

Lillian · Married on 09/30/2017

Tobey Nelson was born to be a wedding planner and florist. Whenever I felt stressed throughout my wedding planning process, Tobey was the source of calm I needed. She gave me suggestions from personal experience, based on relationships she had built with other vendors in the area. Tobey does not hold back her opinions, which is something I valued as a bride. I trusted her entirely with our wedding and everything went perfectly, from the timing of events to every last decoration. Her talents as a florist extend beyond raw beauty -- Tobey sources local and sustainable flowers and ensures the very best quality for her brides. Her ability to bring each bride's floral vision to life is incredible. I would recommend Tobey as both a planner and a florist to every bride, she is worth every (well-priced) penny!!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks Lillian! You were a delight to work with, and I'm grateful for your business and your kind words!

Resa · Married on 09/21/2017

Tobey was an absolute joy to work with for my fall elopement. I was going for a fall inspired bouquet and she nailed it! I was in LOVE with my bouquet and she made the perfect boutonniere to match. When it was time to pick up the flowers, she explained to my husband and I the best way to store them the evening before our elopement. We really appreciated it since I was a bit nervous we would ruin her amazing work. But her guidance helped! I would work with Tobey again in a heartbeat. She's so kind, honest, responsive and talented. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 13

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Oh my gosh Resa! The honor was mine! I loved this opportunity and I'm so glad you loved your bouquet - I was pretty psyched for it too!!

April · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot put into words how much I recommend Tobey Nelson Events & Design! I hired Tobey to do all the florals for my wedding at the Hollywood Schoolhouse in Woodinville, WA. Working with Tobey was beyond easy and more than I could have hoped for. When planning my wedding I did a ton of research on vendors and asked many of my friends as well for their recommendations. Tobey was recommended to me by a friend. After looking at her website and emailing with her, I knew her style would totally capture what I was dreaming of.
    Tobey was very responsive throughout the entire process. She was so easy to work with and super talented! She clearly knows her flowers and is very passionate about her business. I sent her a collection of photos of the style of floral design I wanted early on and she basically took it from there. It was almost too easy! As an Interior Designer, I had a detailed and particular design style in my mind for what I wanted. She delivered a design that was beyond what I was dreaming of! I met with her just once and knew right away that I was in good hands and that she “got” the look I wanted. She worked with me to come up with a design that fit my budget. She had some great ideas on how to reuse florals between the ceremony and reception that allowed me to get all the florals I wanted and stay within my budget.
    Tobey has a great eye for design aesthetics and literally I have her to thank for how beautiful my ceremony and reception turned out. Everyone was raving about the flowers. She took care of all the wedding party flowers and all the flowers used to decorate the venue (ceremony, reception tables, cake flowers, cocktail tables, welcome table, head table, etc.) I was so blown away the day of my wedding to walk around and see it all come together. Beyond the amazing flowers she sourced, she sourced all the various elements I wanted for the design and décor (pedestals, vases, arbor, candle holders, etc.) Above all, her personality is so delightful!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

April, what a lovely review! I really enjoyed collaborating with you to craft a very beautiful event. You've got great taste and were a pleasure to work with. Thank you so much for letting me play a part in your special day!

Anna · Married on 08/26/2017

Tobey helped us with our day-of coordination and did all of our flowers. She made our wedding day so easy! Leading up to the day she was such an amazing resource for all of our questions and provided regular check ins that were invaluable (not to mention the many random sanity checks along the way). The flowers were stunning and she made sure everything went smoothly - which meant we could actually enjoy the day with zero stress. Cannot say enough to recommend Tobey!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks so much, Anna! You were a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad my services were helpful to you!

Shannon · Married on 08/19/2017

Tobey was both our wedding coordinator and our florist for our wedding. She was absolutely fabulous. She met with us three times throughout the planning process and helped us stay focused on what we needed to be doing. She also gave plenty of advice along the way on local vendors and design. We always felt like Tobey was keeping our best interests in mind so the wedding felt like us and we didn't pay more than we needed to. The day of the wedding, Tobey hit the right balance of being silly and fun, and taking charge so we didn't have to worry about any tiny details (or herding our family/friends). Tobey's flowers were stunning and easily some of the best flower bouquets and center pieces that I have ever seen. The flowers were all local or from within WA state, which was also important to us. We spent about $1700 on her wedding coordinator services and an additional $2500 on flower/design. I would definitely recommend Tobey for both wedding planning and flowers!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks so much, Shannon! I loved working with you and B - one of the highlight events of my summer! Sending love and best wishes for a long & happy life together!

JULIE · Married on 08/05/2017

Tobey was fantastic, beyond our expectations! She was very flexible and so easy to work with! She arrived on time and very calm, ready to help and create works of art on the arbor. We loved everything she did from the flower crowns, hair pieces, bouquets, boutonnieres and of course the arbor!! We also loved the variety of beautiful flowers she chose. Thank you so much Tobey for making the day so special!!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 14

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Julie, thanks so much for the kind words as well as for your business! You did such a beautiful job with all the details - it was my privilege to provide the flowers for A's lovely event.

Melanie · Married on 07/15/2017

Tobey was extremely helpful and resourceful and made our wedding run smoothly.

Sent on 11/23/2017

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks Melanie! You and Brady are a very special couple and it was my honor to work with you!

David · Married on 06/10/2017

We had such a great experience with Tobey Nelson as our florist! At first we thought we could figure out our flowers alone, but we were really happy that we eventually connected with Tobey. She was extremely responsive and professional, and her flower choices turned out absolutely amazing. She also did a really wonderful job with the trellis. And she had some great decorations available to rent which worked out great. We could not be any happier with our choice. We can't recommend Tobey Nelson enough!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 15
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 16
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 17
    Tobey Nelson Events and Design 18

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks so much, David! It was great working with you & Nabetse! And thanks for sharing your photos, too! All my best to you both for many happily married years!

Carina · Married on 10/01/2016

Tobey is amazing! I gave her a couple photos and ideas of what I was looking for and she took that inspiration above and beyond! I was blown away. I highly recommend. She is incredibly talented and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks Carina! You picked a beautiful theme for your wedding, and a beautiful place - it was easy to make it beautiful!

Carrie · Married on 09/17/2016

If you wondering whether you should work with Tobey on your wedding I say, "Don't hesitate". My experience with Tobey as Wedding Coordinator and Florist was such a pleasure. I had 3 months to plan a wedding and during that time was also out of the state for work - we handled everything remotely with only one initial in person meeting to kick things off. Tobey is organized, efficient, EXTREMELY knowledgeable, pays attention to details and oh my god the flowers made my cry they were so beautiful. During the day of the wedding Tobey took care of all our needs, even when a few unexpected events occurred (I forgot some people on the seating chart - whoops!). In addition to being so on top of things Tobey is a really cool person, and someone I've enjoyed getting to know.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Aw, shucks, Carrie! Thanks! I loved working with you and Corey (and your mom)! Congratulations!

Katherine · Married on 09/10/2016

I would work with Tobey again in a heartbeat-- she was kind and very willing to work with me. I had an aunt do most of my flowers and wanted boutonnieres, corsages, my main bouquet, and a few other florals to match well with the overall look and feel of the wedding. Tobey was so accommodating and helpful, and the flowers were absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks Katherine! It was a joy to collaborate with you & your aunt! I am glad you loved the blooms.

Jaimie · Married on 09/04/2016

Vases Wild was recommended to me by my makeup/hair artist and I'm so glad! They were easy to communicate with, fast in their responsiveness, and ultimately created a stunning product! My flower crown was GORGEOUS to say the least. She incorporated all the elements I desired, and added her own creative twist that made it even better (after all, she knows better than me!) My crown was a total HIT at my wedding, and some of my favorite wedding photos are the ones where it is the center of attention! Couldn't recommend enough!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks Jaimie! I was extra flattered to be invited to make a piece for you, since you are a wedding pro yourself!! I'm so glad that the flower crown was all you'd hoped for!

Craig · Married on 07/30/2016

In July 2016, Tobey planned our son's wedding at the Dancing Fish Farm on Whidbey Island for 140 people and a dinner the night before at a private residence for 100. Both events went off seamlessly, completely due to Tobey's tireless work and experience as an event planner. We began working with Tobey back in February and after our first call I knew we were in good hands because she managed us so adroitly. Her suggestions were always clear, to the point and, most importantly, correct. When a firm hand was needed to keep things on track, Tobey could be counted on to tactfully corral us. Her hard work and preparation allowed us to relax, and enjoy the coming together of our children and our families. I strongly recommend Tobey Nelson for any event in the Seatte area.
    Craig Werle & Barbara Selvin
    August 2016

Barbara · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband said almost everything I wanted to say about our son’s July 2016b wedding on Whidbey Island, so I’ll just add: Everything at both our welcome dinner and at the ceremony/reception was incredibly beautiful and polished, from food to flowers to physical setting and order of events. What struck us at both events was how Tobey threw herself into the fray. No detail escaped her, no task was beneath her notice, not even clearing tables. She has the energy and the commitment to make everything work, and we liked the way she modeled that commitment for her staff.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thank you! You and your family were so great to work with - I enjoyed collaborating with you! All my best!

Cara · Married on 07/23/2016

Vases Wild (Tobey) is amazing!!! She was patient, helpful, creative and fun! I would use her over and over again if I could. I have already recommended her to all my friends. Even when my mom got picky and nervous, Tobey was there to discuss any needed changes and keep us on track. She can work with various budgets and needs. She is truly a gem! Thanks to her (and other vendors) my wedding was my dream come true. Definitely hire Vases Wild!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Oh, Cara, thank you! I loved collaborating with you on your wedding - the whole things was lovely! You and your mom did a great job putting it all together! I wish you & Jamie lots of happiness!
  • cressmancm

Chip · Married on 07/09/2016

You won’t regret hiring Tobey from Vases Wild for your wedding or special occasion. She is incredible in every way and her talent goes much beyond flowers. Tobey’s arrangements and flower choices are so beautiful and reflect her talent and past in landscaping. The arrangements are natural and wild, but in good way. It’s like Mother Nature herself helped put together your floral decor!

A big advantage to booking Tobey is she will help make sure your entire wedding theme comes together, not just the flowers. Our package came with a few hours of event design consultation that ended up being crucial to making our wedding stunning. Tobey met with us, our day of coordinator, and the event coordinator at our wedding venue and helped us design the entire look and feel of our wedding. I was very stressed about linens choices and Tobey helped us pick the perfect ones that met our budget.

Speaking of budget, Tobey found ways for us to achieve the look we wanted by reusing pieces throughout the night, and coming up with three different centerpieces that let us have an over-the-top feel without breaking the bank.

Not only is she fabulous at her job, but she’s a joy to work with and has a vibrant personality. My (now) husband and I knew right away we wanted to work with Tobey because her personality was so fabulous. It’s such a shame we barely interacted with her the day of! Her team swept in, set everything up, and was gone in a flash it was incredible!

Hire Tobey and you’ll be so thrilled. We loved working with her and so will you!

Working with Tobey was an absolute pleasure! She was focused, confident, and took time to really understand the concept I was going for. She promised what she could achieve for our unique design and delivered! What I especially loved was her style of working with us. I really felt side by side with her on a team, which helped me know she was totally present with me and ready to roll up her sleeves to meet our budget. The arrangements were gorgeous and even with flowers from her own garden. I'm actually going through withdrawal from not having our phone meetings pouring over Pinterest boards. Highly recommend her if you want to have a talented and very capable florist to design your custom wedding.

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2015

Tobey was fantastic to work with! I came in with a certain idea in mind, and she helped to execute it flawlessly. She provided great feedback on colors, types of flowers, and thinking of everything we might need to create a space of loveliness for us and our guests.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Thanks Amanda! I loved working with you!

Jess · Married on 09/12/2015

I absolutely loved my flowers! I knew Tobey was up to the challenge of a fourteen person bridal party, ceremony and reception flowers and candles, and three enormous floral chandeliers, but I was still amazed by how stunning and beautiful everything turned out. I wish I could give her more than five stars.

And not only is Tobey extremely talented, she is also wonderful to work with. Flexible. Kind. Down-to-earth. On top of it!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

And if I could rate my clients you, Jess, would get 5 stars too! Thanks, and it was great to be a part of your team!

Amy · Married on 08/22/2015

When Tobey and I first met, I gave her an idea of the color scheme and some of the flowers that I wanted for the table arrangements and for my bouqet. When I walked into the barn on the day of the wedding, I was overjoyed. I could not have imagined a more beautiful spread of flower arrangements. She incorporated everything I had asked for, and then added elements that I couldn't have thought of myself but which made each arrangement just perfect. All the arrangements were similar and complementary to each other, but each was just slightly unique and very special. Her original quote seemed very pricey to me, but then we simplified the order to make it more affordable and we ended up with fewer tables than expected, so ultimately the cost was fine, and in retrospect it was worth every penny! I hadn't thought that the flowers would have been very important to me on my wedding day, but when I saw them on the tables and my heart was filled with joy at the beauty of them, I realized just how important they really are! If ever I had another important event requiring flowers in the Whidbey or Seattle area, I would call Tobey in an instant. She came highly recommended by multiple other vendors, and now I know why.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Tobey Nelson Events and Design's reply:

Wow, Amy; thanks for the very kind words! It was a pleasure to work with you and your palette was a fun one. I'm so glad you found that the beauty of flowers enhanced your wedding day! All my best to you & Chris!