the river garden Reviews

4 | Catskill, NY

4 Reviews for the river garden

Kathleen · Married on 10/09/2016

Bernadette is THE BEST! She did the most amazing job with our wedding flowers, they turned out better than my wildest pinterest dreams, and better than any of the photos I sent her as examples. Best of all, she grew nearly all of these flowers at her farm and put them in containers that I had collected. I felt like I was working with a family friend, she put a ton of effort and thought into my wedding.

The River Garden is a farm, and they sell fresh flowers at the local greenmarkets in New York (how I found them). They do weddings occasionally, but it does seem like the majority of their business is with cut flowers, not as an event florist. Because of this, everything (from booking to quotes to delivery) is a little more casual. However, Bernadette is amazingly talented. She decorated the church for us, made our bouquets, centerpieces, etc. She also hand decorated our cake. Even the boutonnieres were gorgeous. Everything was the perfect mix of sophisticated and natural.

I highly recommend Bernadette and The River Garden - she is not only the best value, she's the best.

Sent on 11/12/2016

To be clear, The River Garden is a FARM. My husband, his family, and I went up to visit Bernadette and her husband (the proprietors) at their farm in Cairo, NY and loved it. Bernadette is wonderful and her laid-back style made it easy to relax and feel like we were in good hands. She often runs a stand at the Union Square Farmers Market and was nice enough to give us a bunch of bouquets so we could play around and see what we liked. She is incredibly knowledgeable and although we wanted all local and in-season flowers, let us know she could always get in special stuff if necessary.

The other wonderful thing about The River Garden is the PRICE. My husband and I balked at most of the quotes we received from florists ($3k to $6,500!!!) and we ended up paying about $750 for everything. Everyone commented on the flowers and they were STUNNING. I cannot say enough about Bernadette and the services at The River Garden!!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

The flowers provided by Bernadette were AMAZING!!! I wanted wildflowers and a more natural look for our barn wedding and she totally delivered. I sent her a few photos and she beautifully replicated what I wanted. The colors, the textures, the vases all perfect!. Actually, her work was more beautiful than I could have imagined. She even made us two beautiful wreaths. Her prices were great too--much more affordable than a traditional florist. I highly, highly recommend The River Garden.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Michaela · Married on 10/15/2016

I absolutely love Bernadette and The River Garden, and I can’t thank them enough for all of their help and hard work for our wedding! First, my husband and I don’t know much about flowers. While we really appreciate them at weddings, we knew that we didn’t want extravagant floral arrangements but we also didn’t want our wedding to look sparse with no floral arrangements. Second, we really wanted to keep to our budget of $1,000 for the flowers. It was a hard task but we after doing some research and reading The River Garden’s other reviews, I really hoped that they could do it. Third, although we are originally from NYC, we moved to LA about a year before our wedding so we really needed someone who was very communicative and willing to help us out across the country. I am so thankful that we found Bernadette and The River Garden. For months, Bernadette emailed back and forth with what I was looking for in our flowers, the differences between pre-made flowers and DIY buckets of flowers, and prices. There were times when she wouldn’t email me back for a week or so, but she would always answer me eventually. She even gave me her cell phone number so if she wasn’t responsive, I could text her. Bernadette was also gracious enough to meet with us for a couple of hours when we were in town a couple of months before our wedding. She is just as nice and sweet in person as she was over email. She took the time to discuss all of our floral needs throughout the ceremony and reception, look through all of our inspirational pictures with us to see what we were thinking about floral arrangements, and explain which flowers were in season and would go with our wedding colors. Most importantly, Bernadette was totally confident that we could stick to our budget. When Bernadette delivered our flowers, they were so beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. And best part is that we were totally on budget!!! I definitely recommend Bernadette and The River Garden.

Sent on 12/13/2016