The Bridge at Hillside Reviews

5 | Sedona, AZ

5 Reviews for The Bridge at Hillside

Margaret · Married on 07/24/2015

The most beautiful Venue! So chic and looks even better in person than it does in the photographs on their website. My wedding which was smaller only 60 people felt like an exclusive, and expensive event the grounds host their own chapel a beautiful terrace that over looks the town of Sedona and an amazing ballroom, and last but not least you CANNOT beat the beautiful red mountains of Sedona it was the perfect most romantic backdrop we had dinner on the terrace and from the sunset, to seeing shooting stars once the sun went down just magical!There were so many beautiful places with in walking distance for pictures we didnt even have to leave the locatiion for our bridal shots Couldn't have been happier

Sent on 07/31/2015

Getting married at "The Bridge at Hillside" was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Our original venue got cancelled a few months before the wedding, and when I contacted Amy, the director, and explained my situation, she was able to save my day and surpass my expectations with her professional and extremely caring approach.
    Booking everything online without having seen it or been there, can be be nerve wracking, but
    after speaking with Amy, I knew instantly that this was meant to be and I was making the right choice.
    She was tremendously helpful in locating additional vendors and items that would make the day perfect.
    We arrived in Sedona a few days prior and met with her and her staff at the venue. We were shown around everywhere from the parking lot to the dressing room and every question was answered.

The venue has a patio, with a ballroom on the left and a chapel on the right. The views are stunning - Sedona and the spectacular mountains as your backdrop? Yes please! The walls in both the chapel and the ballroom are glass, which allows you to take in the scenery from the inside - and you don't feel like you are inside.
    There were lit up trees all over the patio (which added a soft shimmer at night), crystal chandeliers everywhere and beautiful chiavari chairs to top it off.
    We had a rehearsal booked the day before the wedding and the team of the "Bridge at Hillside" were there to make sure everything went alright, lend a hand and answer more questions our bridal party had. We never felt rushed - we were treated like royalty and like nothing else mattered except that this wedding was the most important event ever.
    On the day of the wedding, Amy and David were there very step of the way, calm as can be and helpful beyond words. This venue and the staff exceeded our expectations and allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams. Thank you Amy & David!

Sent on 03/20/2014

3.2
      1.0
      0.0

Some information on here for brides that are looking at this venue.
    The chapel and reception room are very nice. Modern style, small, and well lit. The problem is the location. You are right in the middle of an outdoor shopping mall, and the entire venue has the "mall" feeling to it. The deck from which you see the pretty red rock view, is less than desirable. There are air condition units right next to you which are very loud, and you overlook a parking lot and the back of another building.
    Just be aware that the images you see of this venue were very selectively taken.

Sent on 07/21/2015

R · Married on 07/21/2014

0.5
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

The venue is beautiful and at first things seemed perfect. At times Amy was hard to get ahold of, there were delays in when we told things would be done and when they actually got done. The day of the event things were perfect, but afterwards it all fell apart. Amy said she would ship our decorations to us since we left right from the wedding to out honeymoon. Weeks went by. After several emails I was told she was going to ship them back and then later that she had overnighted them to us (on 8/11). They never came. The last contact I had from her was 8/15 when she said she would send me the tracking number later that day but I never heard from her again and no more of my emails were returned. My husband and I are very disappointed especially because we had a custom made family unity candle that we fear we will never see again and cannot replace. This is even after she over refunded my deposit by $600 and I contacted her so she could take back that money as she was only supposed to refund the $500 deposit, not that last $1100 we paid her. My honesty obviously did not pay off!!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

0.0

Dealing with these people was an absolute nightmare. They ruined our wedding. We booked a date several months in advance and I paid them over a grand in advance, and then they said they wouldn't take our caterer because he didn't have the insurance they required (he was bonded and licensed already , but they neglected to tell us this until the week before. We had to cancel on all of our guests and they lost their money on the hotels and airfare because of this. I tried to reschedule but they kept our money for nothing even though they canceled on us and I never asked Amy to cancel our reservation. She said we could have any licensed and bonded caterer and that the city requires a million dollar liability policy that would have driven up our costs considerably. when I checked with the city office to see if this was true, she of course, lied. The city temporary use permit doesn't require that. They stole our money, lied and basically ruined our wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2015