The Bridal House of Charleston Reviews

The Bridal House of Charleston 4
  • Megan

Megan McGill · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Wedding Dress

I just found my wedding dress this past weekend and it was an amazing experience. Bridal House was very communicative from my initial call to schedule an appointment. Both girls I spoke to on the phone were professional, pleasant, and stated they were excited to work with me. I brought both my sisters and my parents to the consultation. We worked with Sarah and she was an absolute gem. She pulled dresses that I had looked at online, in addition to mixing in some of her own picks based on my preferences and vision. I ultimately went with a gown that was her pick! She was open from the beginning, as my date is ~7 months away, about the process and inspired confidence in the ability to have my dress ready in time. I cannot wait to go back for fittings and I highly recommend this salon as a first choice for any new bride!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Stevie

Stevie · Married on 03/09/2019

❤️❤️❤️ love this place!

I love the Bridal House so much! I had this almost exact vision of what I wanted my wedding dress to look like, and I had been online and looked at a few boutiques, but everything was WAY out of my price range. I was almost ready to spend an outrageous amount of money when I decided to look here. And oh my goodness, I found my perfect dress for almost a third of all the other prices. WHAT?!?! And the service there is amazing. Tierney is the kindest person and she was so wonderful to work with. She even recommended the perfect person to me for alterations. So thankful I went to the Brudal House that day!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Amanda · Married on 01/26/2019

Everything I wanted!

My experience at Bridal House of Charleston was amazing. They had a great selection of gowns and plenty of styles to choose from. The service is amazing and made my experience memorable as my mother and sister were able to experience me finding my dress with me. I will forever be grateful for this wonderful team of people!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    The Bridal House of Charleston 5
    The Bridal House of Charleston 6
    The Bridal House of Charleston 7
    The Bridal House of Charleston 8

Alex · Married on 06/23/2018

The service that I received at the Bridal House of Charleston was beyond excellent. My bridal consultant, Anne, tended to my every need to make sure I felt comfortable and that I find my dream dress which I did. I can't speak highly enough of my experience shopping here.

Sent on 10/28/2017

valerie · Married on 04/15/2018

I stopped into a couple shops before making any appointments and I loooved so many in the Bridal House so I made an appointment and brought my crew. I found my dress and I absolutely LOVE it!! And Tierney (the owner) was so patient and helpful!! Thank you Tierney!!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Natalie · Married on 02/24/2018

Tierney and Anne made looking for my wedding dress the absolute BEST experience! It was better than I could have ever imagined! They were both so welcoming and accommodating as we just happened to walk in the week after getting engaged "just to look". With all the decisions that come with planning a wedding, this was the EASIEST one! I cannot recommend them enough! For all your dress needs bridal, bridesmaids, accessories- they were AMAZING! My twin sister is also getting married and only made one appointment to try on dresses- and that was at The Bridal House of Charleston!

Sent on 04/15/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 02/18/2018

The aspect of wedding planning I was least excited about was absolutely shopping for a gown. I am not a dressy person nor do I have to dress up for my work. In high school and college, formal gown shopping was always a nightmare and involved tears. Anne and Tierney at the Bridal House of Charleston made the appointment, light and fun. Pulled dresses I wanted to see as well as made suggestions they thought I may like. I ended up buying the first dress I tried on, the one I was there to see and will forever look back on the experience with warmth and happiness. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/30/2016

First, I did not have an appointment and called to see if they had any room for me to be a walk-in. Luckily, someone had cancelled so they were able to squeeze me in at the end of the day. It was my first time trying on wedding dresses, and they could not have been more wonderful! They were so helpful in pulling dresses and listening to what I thought rather than pushing their opinions on me. At no point, did I feel any pressure to purchase a dress, nor did I feel like I was being sold a dress. I ended up finding THE dress while I was there and bought it that day. I absolutely CANNOT wait for it to get in, and look forward to working with them as we go through the alterations process!

Sent on 01/22/2016

I can't say enough how impressed I was with The Bridal House of Charleston. I worked exclusively with Tierney, and she was nothing but accommodating for my bridesmaids and I. My plan was to dress shop near my family's home in Charleston, but my wedding was being held in Virginia, and all of my bridesmaids were lived in different states. Bridal House not only helped me find my PERFECT wedding dress, but also coordinated sizing and shipping of bridesmaids dresses to all of the girls in different states! Nadya (the best seamstress ever) made my dress fit like a glove and both her and Tierney found a way to coordinate fittings with each of my visits home to SC. Thank you both for everything <3 I highly recommend The Bridal House of Charleston for any bride-to-be!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Mallory · Married on 10/01/2016

The Bridal House of Charleston is amazing! I tried on dresses at multiple different stores in both Charleston and out of state, and The Bridal House of Charleston was easily the best of the best. The dresses are beautiful, the store is set up well and the staff, especially the owner, are fabulous. During my entire appointment, Yvonne was helpful, but not pushy, and made the appointment entirely focused around me finding the perfect dress. She answered questions and provided great advice for being an out of town bride. I would highly recommend the Bridal House of Charleston to any bride looking for the perfect dress experience!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2016

They are wonderful! I got married in June of 2016 and this was my second stop for dresses. They picked out one for me that I probably would not have chosen and it ended up being the dress I picked. They have great vision and know what they are doing. Highly professional and fun to work with. Go see them!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2016

I found my hair bling here, and while I did not go through the gown shopping experience at this boutique, I have to rave about the new owner of this little gem! She was so helpful in allowing me to try on the small collection of pieces she had, and ultimately I scored a great deal on one. She was very friendly and was happy to have me take time in her shop even as a bride-to-be with a dress already purchased elsewhere.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Alina · Married on 05/07/2016

I went to two different places to try on wedding dresses. The first was The Bridal House of Charleston and the second, Gown Boutique of Charleston.

I found the perfect dress at my first stop (Bridal House) and because I had an appt scheduled at the Gown Boutique I went there next just to be 100% sure I had found the right one.

My experiences at both places were completely different. Yvonne at the Bridal House was extremely friendly, helpful and so sweet. The Gown Boutique was so bad my mom and grandma left after they heard for the 16th time "well you don't like any of the dresses I've picked for you based on the pictures you had sent me but I guess I can try to find some completely different ones but I dont think you'll be able to find what you're explaining to me" - well I had never tried on a wedding dress in my life so I would think it's understandable the vision I had in my head didn't end up looking as good as I had thought.

After the visit I immediately went back to the Bridal House of CHS and purchased my dress. It felt great to be able to give my business to a place that deserved it and the options they had along with the service made it such a great experience.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Megan · Married on 06/26/2015

Working with The Bridal House of Charleston was a perfect experience.

Sent on 07/13/2015

LaTosha · Married on 06/12/2015

Yvonne and her team are very friendly and professional. They were always courteous when I called or just dropped in to ask questions. They kept me in the loop during the entire process during my dress purchase and my bridesmaids. They are great communicators. They made this part of my life easy.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Alyssa · Married on 05/23/2015

I had such a wonderful experience at The Bridal House of Charleston! They were so helpful but not pushy at all! I tried on maybe 6 or 7 dresses and purchased the first dress I tried on! We then toasted with complimentary champagne! So very sweet! I have nothing bad to say about them but the only thing I did not care for was the alterations lady, Nadya, that they referred me to. She messed up on my alterations way too many times and put me off until the week before my wedding. I paid for alterations that were her mistakes. On that note, BUY YOUR DRESS HERE, but don't use their alteration reference.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/16/2015

I loved this bridal store more than you could ever know! So I tried on so many different dresses (within my budget) and did not really feel that they were MY dress, and then my mother picked out a dress that she wanted me to try on just to see how it looked (it was over budget) but I tried it on for her. That was my dress and I knew that I had to get it, well the Bridal House offered a special discount and the dress was still over budget but they still helped bring the price down! They gave us all a glass of champagne to toast for finding my dress and the best thing about this place is that you are upstairs and no one else is up there but you and your party. It is such an intimate way to find the perfect dress with the closest people to you. I also found my veil at the Bridal House and it really complete my entire look. Thank you Bridal House of Charleston for making our special day that much more special with all of your kind help!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Christiana · Married on 04/25/2015

I had the most wonderful dress shopping at the Bridal house. The owner was able to look at my pictures of wedding dresses and find the perfect dress for me. The first dress I tried on I feel in love with and ended up buying (I did try others on just the make sure). The woman who did the alteration had many amazing ideas of how to make my dress personal a beautiful! I would completely recommend this store to anyone! The people are so sweet and really know what they're doing!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Blair · Married on 12/28/2014

Purchasing my wedding dress at the Bridal House was a great experience. The women working there were extremely helpful and there was a wide variety of price ranges to fit everyone's budget.

Sent on 02/15/2015

I only had wonderful experiences when I went to get my wedding dress as well as my dress fittings. The staff was extremely accomodating and never rushed me. Their dress selections are beautiful!!!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Sydney · Married on 01/12/2013

Great selection of dresses for both brides and maids. Great customer service. Great group for alterations as well.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Amy · Married on 10/13/2012

My experience with Bridal House of Charleston was great. I was in Charleston for a baby shower and thought it would be a good opportunity to try on some dresses because I had my mother, sister, and aunt with me. I walked into Bridal House of Charleston with no appointment at the end of the day and was greeted instantly and taken up stairs to try on dresses. The store was cleaned and well organized. The prices were fair (if your looking for a bridal bargain, go to Davids Bridal). The staff was extremely friendly and after an hour or so of trying on dresses I found the perfect dress. The dress arrived a little earlier than promised. They offered to ship it to me in Florida, but I just happened to have some family coming into town that weekend, so they allowed my aunt to pick it up and bring it to me. I would suggest Bridal House of Charleston to any bride!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Ashl · Married on 06/02/2012

Wonderful to work with!! Gorgeous dresses!!

Sent on 06/20/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2012

Bridal House of Charleston - what can I say besides great things?! I ordered my gown through the BH of CHS when they didn't even carry the gown in stock yet. They gave me an extremely great deal on the dress since I was purchasing a preview dress that they didn't expect in to display for another 2 months! I ordered my dress in February 2011 (for a March 2012 wedding), they expected it would be shipped in July. Lo and behold, the dress shipped in May! 2 months early!!!!

They kept in contact with me, updating me when the dress would ship, graciously and eagerly ordered samples of the organza from my dress so I could match a veil I was getting custom made with Etsy (the original I ordered was a stark clash with my dress, so the young woman immediately placed the order for swatches to be delivered to my apartment), and followed up with when I'd be picking up the dress, and called back LIGHTNING fast when I needed to drop off my dress for steaming. They worked so well with my mom, who picked up the dress and dropped it off. Absolutely impressed with the Bridal House!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Tiffany · Married on 01/21/2012

The Bridal House of Charleston provided my with excellent service in finding and altering my bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses. Cindy, the manager, was extremely patient and I could tell she truly wanted to help me find my perfect dress. I even got champagne once I found it! Once I choose my gown, it came in promptly and I was immediately contacted and set my my first fitting and appointment for alterations. Their prices were in line with other vendors and they offered special promotions with bridesmaids dresses and accessories. I would recommend any bride on the hunt for a perfect dress, fantastic customer service, and competitive prices go to the Bridal House of Charleston.

Sent on 01/23/2012