Tera Nelson Photography Reviews

14 Reviews for Tera Nelson Photography

Tera Nelson Photography 1
Tera Nelson Photography 2

Holly · Married on 06/04/2017

My husband Paul and I LOVED working with Tera. She not only makes you feel comfortable while she is working with you, but she really takes time to know her clients and capture all the right moments. She will ask you about your timeline for your whole day, not only because she needs to know, but because she wants to capture all the right moments for you. She also asks you what kind of feel of pictures and of who do you want them of. She captures everything so perfectly. I totally would recommend not only her, but when looking at her packages adding a second photographer. I have so many pictures and I feel like I didn't miss a thing! While going through our pictures, we laughed, cried and felt like we relived it all over. We've gone through them so much already and I feel like I notice something new every time! Tera has a creative eye, sweet personality, and does awesome work! We not only had a great photographer, but we gained a friend! Thank you so much :D

Sent on 07/10/2017

Sharron · Married on 08/16/2014

I am so happy that we chose Tera to photograph our wedding. She is probably one of the nicest people we know. Her skill and enthusiasm are not easily matched. Our engagement session was so much fun. We shot in Altoona for our cityscape pictures. Then we drove to a state park to get some nature shots. She had many of her own ideas for poses but was open to some of our suggestions! Her son was very nice and watched our stuff if we had to walk away from it for a certain pose. On the wedding day Steve (her husband) was with the men when they were getting ready. She was with us girls. It was so nice to have professional shots for both of us. They took photos of the reception area as well before all of the guests came in. In the church I didn't even notice that they were there. They just blended in. Again, the value of have two photographers cannot be overstated. They were each able to get more shots than with just one person. I loved the angled images that they took. To our surprise, at the reception, they had put cards on the tables telling everybody how the access the images. They had the exact day that they would be ready, and they were ready on time! No wondering!! I cannot say enough about how happy we were that we chose her.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Christine · Married on 05/18/2013

Prior to hiring Tera and Steve, I searched nearly 30 photographers in central PA. When you grow up in a small town, all of the photographers seem to capture the same photographs. We wanted creativity. After looking at Tera's pictures (and slideshows), no two wedding photos looked anything alike. Tera replied to my email within a day or two. Our wedding had a lot of details and Tera and Steve captured them all. There were moments that I remembered from that day that I didn't realize they captured, moments that I will never forget. We didn't hire a videographer for our wedding but we didn't need to--they captured it all....they even put together a slideshow recapturing the entire day.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Laura · Married on 09/18/2011

Amazing Photographers! If we could give them 10 stars, we would! We fell in love with their work after finding their website while looking for a photographer and fell in love with Tera after our engagement session. Through the entire process - from booking them to receiving our finished wedding package - they took the time to get to know US. While we could tell that their art is very important to them, their true gift is capturing a couple in a way that fully portrays who they are. We were drawn to Tera because none of the weddings on her blog looked the same. They were all beautiful and artsy, yes, but I felt like I knew each of the couples after watching their slideshows. That was what we wanted and is exactly what we got. Someone who would be able to translate who we are as a couple into our photographs. Tera shoots weddings with her husband, Steve, and he is just as fabulous as she is. We enjoyed having them at our wedding and were thrilled with how they work. They kept us on track with time, making sure we were where we were supposed to be according to the schedule I gave them. We did make some slight changes to the schedule ahead of time, based on Tera's recommendations and I am really glad we did. She was spot on with how much time would be needed for each part of the photography. Between the two of them, Tera and Steve were able to capture everything that happened on our wedding day and then turn it into a collection of photographs that allow us to re-live it over and over again. They are so talented! We can not recommend them enough. We are thrilled with our entire experience and would hire them all over again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Andrea · Married on 08/27/2011

Tera (and Steve!) did an AMAZING job on our wedding photos. We could not be happier with their work. Their photographs are absolutely amazing. Six months after our wedding, I still flip through our photos a couple times a month, reliving the whole day with a huge smile on my face. Some things I loved best:

(a) Tera has a great personality. She makes people feel really comfortable in her presence. Even my bridesmaids commented on how great she is. It can be awkward to have a stranger play a central role in your "big day" but Tera fit right in.

(b) Our personalities really come through the photos. These pictures are certainly not posed - "turn your head to the left," "now look up," "smile," "don't smile". No! They actually capture us and our normal expressions.

(c) Tera and Steve have an amazing ability to capture love and friendship in their snapshots. Of course they got MANY great, loving photos of my husband and me. But they also got some amazing shots of love between romantic partners, parents and their kids, and among friends.

(d) Our wedding day (really, just getting ready) was more stressful than I expected, but that's not AT ALL apparent in the photos. I can look through the pictures and pretend the day was totally stress-free!

One recommendation: Do the engagement photo shoot. We had SO MUCH FUN and it's great way to get to know Tera.

Sent on 02/24/2012

Dana · Married on 06/11/2011

Tera and Steve Nelson are amazing photographers who truly captured the entire essence of our wedding day! We first met Tera and Steve (and their beautiful family) at an engagement photo session, which was included in our photography package. We instantly connected with them and knew that we had not just hired wedding photographers; we had found new friends. During this initial session, Tera interviewed us as a couple to get to know us on a deeper, more personal level.

The day of the wedding, both Tera and Steve were so professional and friendly with all of our guests. They truly captured every moment of our wedding and reception. Because they are photojournalists, Tera and Steve captured raw expressions and priceless moments that show the love, fun, and joy that was felt by us, our family, and our friends during our special day.

After the wedding day was over, we could not wait to see our pictures. Tera sent us the photographs approximately one month after our wedding. When we first looked through the photographs, we could not stop smiling; it was if we were reliving the entire wedding day! We have received countless compliments on our wedding photographs and we will cherish them forever!

We give Tera and Steve Nelson the highest recommendation to anyone who is looking for amazing, thoughtful, and talented wedding photographers!

Sent on 10/05/2011

K · Married on 04/17/2011

Tera is wonderful! I can't say enough great things about her. I had a very "non-traditional" ceremony. It was an intimate gathering of only 18 people. Most photographers wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking on my small wedding, but Tera actually embraced it. The pictures she took were absolutely gorgeous, and Tera was a delight to work with.

Sent on 05/06/2011

Jennifer · Married on 10/30/2010

Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”
    ~Dorothea Lange
    I felt like people warned me from the beginning to take time to breathe and enjoy my wedding day, to look at the details, because the day goes by so quickly. My memory feels like a few quick snapshots that I tried to lock in; my dad giving me away, the moment I looked at my husband smiling at the alter, cutting the cake, and dancing the night away. I felt like the long day went by in a flash...people were right!
    Once my photographs from Tera and Steve came came in, I was baffled to see how much took place during the day. Looking at our photographs was like watching a wedding video, they captured every moment from our Priest announcing us as husband and wife to catching my niece sneaking a cookie while she thought no one was looking.
    In the months before our wedding Tera and Steve became part of our family. I felt like Tera became an honorary bridesmaid, constantly filling her in on the colors, centerpieces, and details. I truly believe the easy interaction with her allowed her to see what our vision was for the wedding. They got to know us and our family and that truly came through in the pictures.
    Since our wedding, I have recommended Tera and Steve to friends and family. I know that through the years as important events arise we will ask Tera and Steve to capture those instants in time.

Sent on 02/11/2011

Katie · Married on 10/16/2010

The best photographers in town - hands down!!! Tera and Steve photographed both our engagement and wedding. Words cannot express how glad we are that we hired them over the other people we met with. We could not be any happier with our pictures and the experience of working with Tera and Steve was unforgettable. They are so talented and made our wedding day even better just by being there.

To be honest, my husband and I have never been fans of having our pictures taken. It always felt awkward and uncomfortable. Not only does Tera make you feel perfectly at ease during the engagement session, but when we saw the final photographs, we looked like models.

The photos from our wedding made me cry when I saw them. My mother must have gone through our gallery a hundred times and sent the link to all of her friends. Everyone I see tells me that how beautiful our photos are. Tera and Steve captured the whole day perfectly. We will be able to relive it over and over again and someday share all of the special moments with our children.

I would recommend Tera Nelson Photography to anyone who wants beautiful, unique photographs from a really great husband and wife company. If I could give them 10 stars, I would.

Sent on 04/30/2011

Joanne · Married on 09/18/2010

Tera & Steve are not only wonderful artists but they are wonderful people too. They captured our wedding memories and turned them into beautiful works of art. We will forever cherish our photographs. My husband and I highly recommend Tera Nelson Photography you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/21/2011

maria · Married on 08/28/2010

We first met Tera at our engagement session and that encounter set the tone for the rest of our “wedding-memory-making” experience. She was kind, fun, energetic; she really instilled a sense of confidence in us from the start. I say “wedding memory” rather than wedding photography, because what Tera and Steve did for us was preserve in an incredibly thoughtful and artistic way the moments that defined our wedding day. While planning your wedding everyone tells you how quickly the day will go by, and it really does, which is why it is so important to have a photographer whom you trust to capture the moment. All of the little things that we missed as the bride and groom were there for us to see when we watched the photo slide show. All of the happiness shared between our families and friends was there.

Did I mention that they made us look AMAZING? We are a silly pair of people who typically don’t photograph well, but Tera and Steve made us look like movie stars in our photos. The backdrop of each photo was extremely well thought out. Each photo is a piece of art.

Not only did we look great, but we felt so comfortable. We heard stories of photographers behaving in obtrusive ways- not Tera and Steve. They put at ease each family and bridal party member so that all enjoyed being in the photos. The candid shots are phenomenal because there was not a sense of photographic scrutiny.

In short, they were worth every penny. We are so happy and feel so blessed that Tera and Steve worked with us and recommend them for any event or occasion.

Sincerely-
    Kevin and Maria Kane

Sent on 10/05/2010

Lynn · Married on 08/15/2009

The best.‎‎

Sent on 08/19/2010

Megan · Married on 07/09/2011

Steve and Tera are ANAZING photographers who were creative, inspiring, and willing to listen to us as a couple. Our ideas were important to us and the pictures they took captured us as a couple perfectly. The quality of the pictures were amazing, and our guests at the wedding thought that they blended in (and weren't distracting, as most photographers can be at weddings). They were pleasant, accomodating and just overall extraorindary people and photographers.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Sally · Married on 10/28/2017

3.6
      2.0
      3.5

We loved working with Tera on our wedding day, she was so much fun. Communication before and after the wedding was a little lacking though. To be honest, I had a much better experience with our engagement session photographer. But we were so happy with our photos! She did an awesome job with poor lighting - rain and grey all day, and interior of a barn at night.

Sent on 02/03/2018