Tatum Ranch Golf Club Reviews

21 | Cave Creek, AZ

21 Reviews for Tatum Ranch Golf Club

What a great location and the service by the entire staff was perfection! Tim Kingston and his staff were incredibly easy to deal with from day 1 through the entire wedding. The venue is beautiful and I can't say enough great things about them. They were recommended to us by a coworker who also had a great experience and it was by far, the best referral ever!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/15/2014

This venue was perfect for my wedding. The event coordinator Tim was very instrumental in helping me create the perfect day. He was always very prompt with responses to any questions I had and would contact me when he needed more information. He and his staff was very attentive and professional during the reception. Although there was a fallout with my DJ, they provided a list and helped me coordinate to avoid a big disaster with music. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding - the golf course was ideal for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. It was a great day!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Brittney · Married on 10/12/2014

This venue is simply gorgeous, add the amazing staff and everything was picture perfect. From the day we went to view the venue over a year ago, Tim has been nothing but beyond helpful. We fell in love with the layout of the venue and the mountains that surround it. The photos we've received back so far are breathtaking, and everyone complimented us on how gorgeous our ceremony venue was. (We had our reception at my aunt's house near by) I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2014

marguerite · Married on 10/26/2013

Tim and his staff were spot on. I can't say enough great things about them. The vision in my head came to life as they worked to get every detail i wanted. Simply amazing. Couldn't ask for anything more. Loved it

Sent on 10/29/2013

Beautiful venue!! Amazing and helpfull staff:)

Sent on 10/31/2012

Nancy · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband and I had our wedding happy hour reception at Tatum Ranch Golf Club. Ellen listened to what type of venue we wanted and worked with us to come up with exactly what we were looking for. From the setting to the food to the drinks, it was absolutely perfect. The staff working our event were very responsive and flexible. Many of our friends complimented the party and had nothing but great things to say. Thank you for making our night so special!

Sent on 10/08/2012

My husband and I are thrilled that we booked our wedding reception with Tatum Ranch. We had a smaller guest list (65 people) and the intimacy of the club's dining room was perfect for our size. We opted for the wooden dance floor as well as a sweetheart table. We paid the fee for renting centerpieces with 3 vases of floating candles and it turned out beautifully. Overall, we were very pleased with the final cost and felt that we received great value for the money we invested. The windows in the dining room have a beautiful view of the golf course and show off the Arizona desert. The property also has a multitude of areas for photography opportunities, and our photographer took advantage of the beautiful architecture (wooden beams & doors, outdoor ramada near snack bar) as well as the natural elements (grass, trees and horizon at sunset). Ellen, the director of sales, was a pleasure to work with and most professional. Servers and staff during our event were responsive, professional, and catered to our specific requests. We offered our guests the option of chicken or salmon; both dishes were top notch. Bottom line: I would absolutely recommend Tatum Ranch to any couple looking for a beautiful property with natural desert landscape and planning a wedding of 100 guests or less.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Allen and Kamrinne · Married on 12/03/2011

I want to recognize Ellen for her incredible diligence, punctuality, and professionalism. From the moment we first inquired, Ellen explained everything thoroughly letting us know about all of our options. She clearly estimated our wedding. She was always available to talk about details during the entire year of planning and she always returned our phone calls and emails promptly. We are extremely satisfied with the value of our reception. Whereas most venues charge $40-$45 just for one chicken dish and charge an additional fee for an extra dish selection, Tatum Ranch charges very reasonable rates for dishes, even the steak and seafood is very affordable! The food itself was outstanding! We had the bourson mousse stuffed airline chicken breast with mushroom risotto and the new york filiet with cognac peppercorn glaze. Every guest raved about the food. We were extremely satisfied and happy with how Ellen and her whole staff decorated the dining room. It was better than we could have imagined! Also, we loved having the reception on the terrace with hors d'houvres. They put out patio heaters and it was beautiful to have guest congregate in front of the waterfall and fire ring! Pictures came out fantastic! You would never guess we were in Arizona with how lush and green and the golf course looked. It gave us beautiful pictures to remember forever!

Sent on 03/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/05/2011

Tatum Ranch is the place to have your wedding. We looked at a couple other places but for the value, this place was amazing. Ellen was so easy to work with and patiently answered all my questions. The food was fantastic. All our guests commented on how beautiful this venue was. Ellen and Katzie made sure the wedding went without a problem. We were able to get the chair covers and bows, which were perfect. We brought boxes of decorations to Ellen during Rehearsal and they placed everything out perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding. I would highly recommend Tatum Ranch.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Jody · Married on 10/22/2011

This is one of the most beautiful venues in the whole valley! Ellen helped us with everything though out the planning process and we never had one problem. The staff and food is outstanding!

Sent on 11/14/2011
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/15/2011

I cannot believe this gem only has 5 reviews! Don't let that deter you from at least looking at this breathtaking club.

My husband and I toured a few different venues before choosing Tatum Ranch. It was by far the most naturally beautiful location with a special ceremony green and a gorgeous contemporary clubhouse for the reception. Unlike other locations, it didn't need a thing as far as decorations to make it wedding worthy. It was also the most reasonably priced - a HUGE value for the amazing array of services they offer.

Our point of contact was Ellen who was fabulous throughout the 8 to 9 month planning process. She is very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and responsive, and has a wonderful calming way about her. She checked in regularly and made sure I was on track with the planning. Thank you Ellen for everything!

Our day-of coordinator was Ketzia who we had not worked with or met before, but we couldn't have been more pleased with her services. We were a tad nervous turning everything over to her the day before, but she exceeded our expectations and did a phenomenal job for both the rehearsal and the actual ceremony/reception. Thank you Ketzia from the bottom of our hearts for making our day what it was!

We served Petit Filets, Chicken Marsala, Pasta Primavera, and a special kids plate of Chicken Fingers and Fries. We went in for a tasting about a month or so prior and were able to choose several dishes to try. Chef Brad was amazing and created delicious meals that the guests are still raving about. The filet was fork tender and prepared to perfection. There wasn't a leftover in the house.

We also rented chair covers, sashes, matching runners, napkins, tablecloths and a dance floor. The team also placed the favors on the tables, the programs on the chairs, coordinated with our vendors, and pretty much took care of everything the day of so I didn't have to worry about a thing.

The entire staff, including the servers and bartenders, did such a great job. They were friendly, courteous and professional. Everyone was such a pleasure to work with. They truly made our day wonderful. Many thanks to Ellen, Ketzia, Chef Brad, Thomas, Adam, Chad, and the excellent staff of very capable servers. We are so grateful.

I would recommend Tatum Ranch Golf Club without hesitation.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Anna · Married on 05/29/2011

Amazing Value, Amazing Venue, && AMazing Service!!!

Sent on 03/22/2012
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/28/2011

The whole team at Tatum Ranch Golf Club made our day so beautiful and perfect! The wedding and reception sites were gorgeous, and so many of our guests said it was the most fun wedding they had been to! The lovely scenery outside in the golf course and in the reception area made for some really wonderful and amazing photos. Ellen, the sales director, was so sweet and great to work with throughout the whole planning process. She is so down to earth and knowledgeable and will answer any questions you have quickly! All of the staff we worked with throughout the evening were so great and helpful, and the food was delicious! They also had many options available when choosing the food and were very accommodating for special dietary needs.

Overall, my new husband and I are so glad we chose Tatum Ranch for our wedding; I can’t imagine it having been anywhere else!

Sent on 06/30/2011

J. · Married on 04/02/2011

Ideal for receiption of 85 attendees or less; well decorated and lighted facility with both view and access to beautiful outdoor landscaped grounds outside the ball room; superior "desire to help" service attitude on the part of Director of Sales and of all levels of staff on duty. Recommended R.B. Entertainment was extremely accommodating and highly professional.

Sent on 04/05/2011

Lynne · Married on 11/06/2010

November 6, 2010
    Tatum Ranch Golf Club is the place to have your Wedding & Reception! Of all the places we looked in to, Tatum Ranch was the least expensive one, but was the nicest venue! Ellen was our point of contact and she is the BEST! The setting for our ceremony was beautiful and the club house was awesome! All of our guests are still talking about how great the food, drinks, atmosphere, and overall experience was! We had 65 guests, served tri tip steak, chicken piccata, roasted red potatoes, Caesar salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, mixed vegetables, and fresh hot dinner rolls.They also made special kids plates (chicken strips and fries) had a dance floor, champagne for the toast, and all ceremony set up fees for a total of $2850. They also provide you access to their luxurious locker rooms to get ready in. The men's locker room has a pool table and flat screen TV in it (not your average locker room). We brought them our party favors, and everything we had for our reception/gift table and Ellen and her staff set everything up for us. The Chef came out and talked with us, the entire staff was very friendly. There is also an outside patio with tables and heaters next to a water feature. It might seem like the venue is far but it is only 7 minutes north of loop 101 & cave creek.

Sent on 11/16/2010

Jillian · Married on 11/07/2009

My husband and I researched MANY venues before selecting Tatum Ranch Golf Club for our wedding. Tatum Ranch offers extraordinary service, breathtaking views, and gourmet food. They have an event coordinator on staff, Ellen, and she was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire yearlong wedding planning process. This was a big help since I wanted to plan my own wedding without hiring a coordinator, but provided me with some guidance of an experienced event coordinator. She sent me emails checking in to make sure I was on track and offered to help me with anything that I needed. They offered us a free menu tasting so that we could choose from their delicious menu. They allowed us to provide all of our own vendors (excluding catering, which was provided by their talented chef), which is not something every venue offers. Ellen and the staff coordinated with my vendors on the day of to make sure that everything ran smoothly. They even set up everything for me so I didn�t have to worry about anything including the table centerpieces. To sum it up, Tatum Ranch is by far the greatest deal in Phoenix, a fabulous place to host your wedding, and we are so happy that we found it! Thank you Tatum Ranch Golf Club!

Sent on 12/22/2009

Jillian · Married on 11/07/2009

I selected Tatum Ranch Golf Club after an arduous search for a venue! Most venues were too big, too small, or too expensive! Tatum Ranch was just right!! We had both our wedding ceremony and reception there. We had about 100 guests, and they fit us comfortably. The setting was gorgeous. They had reseeded the golf course the previous month, so the grass was green and lush for the ceremony and photos (keep this in mind for the time of year for your wedding). They were able to provide everything from chairs, linens, and dinner, so that I did not have to hire out several vendors. Ellen H. was a dream to work with; she was so accommodating and was able to work with our vendors before the wedding and on the day of. We were able to come in for a complimentary tasting of our dinner selections to make sure they worked for us. The ceremony and reception areas were also handicapped accessible which was important to us, as we had elderly guests and a cousin in a wheelchair.

Sent on 02/16/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/11/2008

I couldn't have asked for more! Ellen was amazing and so invested on making our day special. Not only was she on top of every little detail but she was so nice and welcoming...not to mention calming. When everything started rolling Ellen was right on top of things making sure that it was perfect! And the food is AMAZING! The chef actually came out and shook our hand and asked us if he could do anything else to make our day special. Everyone is still talking about the food! I love this venue it's beautiful and intimate but the people you have the opportunity to work with really puts this venue in a class all of it's own!

Sent on 06/25/2009
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/03/2012

Our wedding turned out beautiful. Ellen was great to work with and very helpful. Thanks

Sent on 04/15/2012

3.5

We had our wedding here which turned out amazing, but after some hassle. We originally signed with Ellen, but then somewhere along the line Tim took over, but no one informed us and as we were trying to get in touch with Ellen and we weren't getting any feedback. After digging around we found out Tim took over. He wasn't as quick to respond to e-mails as I prefer, but maybe that was my frustration with everything and stress from wedding planning. We had an outside wedding planner whom we hired after all the frustration we experienced. But, the end result was wonderful. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at Tatum Ranch. The food was fantastic!!! Really, it was so good! The venue is gorgeous!!! We have gorgeous pictures from the ceremony and the reception looked amazing in the room they have. Our guests really enjoyed the fire going outside as well as it gave them a place to mingle and relax when they needed a break from dancing. Overall, I'm pleased with the look of the venue and the price was great as well.

Sent on 04/14/2014

1.8
      2.0
      1.0

There was a change in staff and they did not handle the turnover well.

Sent on 10/04/2013